Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Lunatic

8,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Warframe hasn't been ruined yet, but it is on the verge of it. Memes created by the community are starting to leak into the game itself.
Pokemon.

It's either the sick ******** furry side of the fanbase. (Not all furries are bad, just the sick ******** ones) or the weird a** shippings.

There is also the competitive twats and the ones who act like whatever region or game is superior.
rather than say ruin, I would say one guy(or people) has managed to leave an annoying impression with the broderlands series, and the problem I have is whoever thought it was a good idea to inject internet "humor" into the game. its just dumb and unnecessary, the game is still fun, but come on now...

then there is the fighting game community, it would be unfair of me to judge them so harshly without actually playing a fighting game online...EVER. but Ive seen how they handle themselves at events, and how they treat other people, and Ive never seen such such a borderline fetish interest in hit boxes with these people, I mean yeah sure its gotta be fair and balanced but damn go be a nerd about something practical at least.

and any moba games, set up like facebook games. like you have "energy points" and if you run out you gotta wait all day, or you can pay actual money to progress.

and capcom, because their business model is bipolar and schizophrenic when it comes to quality and continuing franchises properly.

also if "international" counts as a community for any negative game experiences, its because of the lag,or being a god,hacking, being so loud that even if everyone in your game is muted YOU STILL HEAR THEM(brazil) and AFK
sgt.Frosty

and capcom, because their business model is bipolar and schizophrenic when it comes to quality and continuing franchises properly.

I much rather have Capcom focus on some older IPs such as Onimusha, Breath of Fire and Power Stone. Those were good franchises.

Newbie Dabbler

I don't know... but I kind of feel like the fans may have scared away Notch when they became upset with him about the EULA. Now Microsoft bought Mojang, there is no telling if that's a good thing or not yet.
Dante Rebellion Sparda
sgt.Frosty

I much rather have Capcom focus on some older IPs such as Onimusha, Breath of Fire and Power Stone. Those were good franchises.

I wish they didn't give lost planet 3 to western developers, despite the flaws of the first and second for those games, it was actually pretty fun(especially coop for the second). but then America got its hands on it, and you can't even jump anymore, amongst a bunch of other unneeded changes, stare

Lonely Vampire

10,950 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
CoD hands down, next to League of Legends.

But I mean, Black Ops II even the community in zombies is total sh*t sad ......And it's just killing zombies!

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I personally try not to involve myself too much with forums and stuff about games I like.
I just don't trust the internet, I'm almost certain it can find a way to ruin games for me rofl

As far as communities in MMOs go, they never bothered me too much. A rager can make the experience a bit sour sometimes, but mostly I just ignore them and everything's fine!
It certainly can't ruin the entire game wink

Dangerous Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
Ouzumi
L4D2, really? That's kind of surprising, actually. I didn't think that's a game anyone would be so serious about.
I agree with not playing FPS's/competitive games with people I don't know, that usually just means a bad time with people who need to cool it.
I'd say really any FPS/survival game I've played was ruined by the community for me, Nether and DayZ quickly became about camping and sniping people, making it virtually unplayable.

That's what it should be like! People on L4D2 need to chill out. I'll give you a few examples why; ahem:

A lot of people will attempt to kick their teammate because he/she was dragged away from the group by either a smoker or a jockey... Its not their fault for being dragged away because mostly they're within spitting distance. Im not talking about the ones who rush off and leave their group behind intentionally, I mean the poor sods who get dragged away and no one does anything to help then they kick the victim?

Then you have people who just rush out the safe room without asking if everyone is ready. Then someone starts calling them a douchebag and everyone starts digging into each other.

Aside from that, it'd be nice to game with someone who can throw banter around xD
Since I've haven't participated all that much in anything related to the mainstream online games, or the well-connected, independent types recently, there's only one simulation game that was originally text-based that I'll mention that really went downhill six years ago.

By next Tuesday, it'll be six years since the Horseland's "exciting new changes" brought about a massive exodus of loyal players. Long story short, the family-friendly, equestrian-fan-page-turned-simulation-game morphed into and still is a website that is masquerading as a Facebook game that is trying to be Facebook.

The Bad
6Teen TV show inspired human avatars that can't get around unless they're on a horse.
The bodies of the horses and ponies don't look right by real-life conformation standards.
The 2.5D worlds are boring and uneventful.
The role-playing area is a separate site that carries the name of a native African tribe.
They made it more expensive to breed and look after pixel horses. (i.e. surprise expensive vet bills)
Overpriced pixel clothes and accessories.
Paying player or not, it's mostly designed to be heavy on pay to win/pay to enjoy.
There at least two dozen better games out there to replace Horseland, both text-based and 3D ones.

The Good
Horse shows can be set up by anyone and everyone (with paying players getting the choice to set up limited-edition shows)
The slow, eventual return of mythical horses and zebras.
Most of the official horse clubs are still running (albeit members of a club have to pay a voting fee when casting their vote for the next president).
All things related to the Horseland TV show is pretty much gone (but lots of MLP stuff, though)
There's a few user-run clubs dedicated to help donate horses, funds, and things to new players.
Ability to board your own horses at your own stable instead of somewhere else.

Yep. I'm very glad I left Horseland far behind and settled into Gaia's forum and role-playing community!

Magical Senshi

Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and it goes on and on and on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff