Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
I heard about this non-gamer kid who beat his grandmother over cup of soda or some s**t like that. You don't need to play video games to be crazy.

Aged Lunatic

Ferrie
♠ apparently the joke is going over at least half the people's heads in here. gonk

And that joke is....

Chatty Fatcat

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Its just bad parenting, people find excuses and things to blame. Just like they do with music.
Video games make money, therefore nothing will stop them not making them. Violence happens because either parents don't teach their kids what is right and what is wrong, and for the fact parents buy consoles for younger kids. And kids shouldn't be playing violent games in the first place, i cant see a kids game being violent...

Blessed Nerd

Parents are underpowered

Supercharged Sex Symbol

If that kid killed his father, it was because he was a troubled individual, possibly mentally and emotionally-unstable. If the kid was prone to violence, then the father shouldn't have given him a PS to begin with.

******** him. ******** that kid too.
Maybe if the the child had a more responsible parent and didn't let a gun near him the impatient, spoiled child wouldn't have shot him. It's parenting. I grew up playing video games, Grand Theft Auto was one of them...oooooooo....and I'm a completely non-violent, barely feels anger, kinda girl. Maybe the chld saw violence the father was comitting with that gun of his and not exactly video games.
GunsmithKitten
Ferrie
♠ apparently the joke is going over at least half the people's heads in here. gonk

And that joke is....

♠ He's just trollin
The guy's a reg here
hell he has Tokoro in his name.
Funny stuff lmao mrgreen

Clean Member

Domon Kasshu Tokoro
final_resurrectionian
But I am still confused about your statement of addiction, sorrow and violence.

Several people have died playing or due to games, Documented cases where individuals have been addicted to games non-stop.(think someone with a gambling addiction) and the weeping families over the loss/injury/or addiction of a family member.

Quote:
[What idiot parent let him get a hold of a gun?

It's Saudi Arabia. Every kid has a gun.

Quote:
He didnt have the video game so it isnt the PS3's fault. It is the parents fault for letting it go this far

Not having the item doesn't mean he wasn't influenced by the gaming device.

Quote:
Gamers these days are all so entitled. First it was demanding a new ending for Mass Effect 3, now it's killing their parents when they don't get their gadgets. Next thing you know they'll be suicide bombers attacking Capcom for canceling MegaMan Legends 3.

We need videogames stopped before it is too late. Their entitlement will only grow and grow. We will soon be in the middle of a war between Activision, EA, capcom, and the gamers in an all out war.

Quote:
This is a culture whose rape victims are judicially punished and whose "embarrassments" are publicly stoned to death. It proves nothing.

it proves even videogames make a horrible society even worse.
"What idiot parent let him get a hold of a gun?"
"It's Saudi Arabia. Every kid has a gun"

Pretty obvious troll

Liberal Gaian

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Imagine what the child would've done if he was much older! 0_0 This is terrible!

Aged Lunatic

Ferrie
GunsmithKitten
Ferrie

And that joke is....

♠ He's just trollin
The guy's a reg here
hell he has Tokoro in his name.

I've met self haters before, proves nothing.

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
I don't think video games are to blame here.
He didn't have the video game when he commited the murder.

The way I see it the parent had the gun too close to their child when their kid threw a tantrum over not getting his way.
Games, while they may have had somewhat to do with this, this is a four year old child not of a sound and rational mind. He got angry and did what he learn from just about any type of media, this isn't something you can just blame on games. Also he could have easily just been spoiled, my friends kid swung a play table at me because I walked in front of the tv.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff