Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tactical Tamer

Domon Kasshu Tokoro
http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-boy-4-kills-father-over-playstation-151551564.html

Look at what your videogames have caused. An innocent man has just lost his life. When will people learn that videogames cause nothing but violence, addiction and sorrow?
Except for the fact this had nothing to actual do with video games. This is bad parenting combined with a spoiled child that didn't get what they wanted. If it wasn't over a PS3 it would have been something else. Also lets be serious now the child shot the parent in the head so the child "knew" how to kill someone. Most children who shoot someone be it an accident or intentional usually hit some place other then the head.

Disaster Femme's Husband

I see your logic, here.

We should outlaw everything that ever leads someone to cause harm to themselves or others.

So, let's make a list of things that this criteria applies to, and then we can go out and try to get the things outlawed and removed from society.

Okay, we have:
-Food (Ever hear of fighting for survival? Looting? Cannibalism?)
-Clothes
-Shelter
-Government
-Transportation
-Laws
-Water
-Video games (okay, we got that. Just making sure this list is complete.)

Any more?
Domon Kasshu Tokoro
http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-boy-4-kills-father-over-playstation-151551564.html

Look at what your videogames have caused. An innocent man has just lost his life. When will people learn that videogames cause nothing but violence, addiction and sorrow?
this is why PC gaming is the best smile I'll make sure I stick to handhelds when it comes to Sony
♠ apparently the joke is going over at least half the people's heads in here. gonk
Ferrie
♠ apparently the joke is going over at least half the people's heads in here. gonk

OP may be trolling, but the whole "videogames are causing X to do Y" is a pretty serious issue.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Veras Gunn
Gamers these days are all so entitled. First it was demanding a new ending for Mass Effect 3, now it's killing their parents when they don't get their gadgets. Next thing you know they'll be suicide bombers attacking Capcom for canceling MegaMan Legends 3.
They would have already, but apparently 100,000 Facebook likes won't get you explosives either.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Yep, I am a cold hearted killer!

I have killed, today alone, a few Mexicans, a few corrupt police officers, a car salesman and just for good measure, I killed a few corrupt military officers...

But then I remembered I was playing Total Overdose so I guess that doesn't count now does it? wink
Veras Gunn
Gamers these days are all so entitled. First it was demanding a new ending for Mass Effect 3, now it's killing their parents when they don't get their gadgets. Next thing you know they'll be suicide bombers attacking Capcom for canceling MegaMan Legends 3.
it seems like any kid not hooked on games is hooked on drug dealing and probably killing more than just their parents...

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Mir Teiwaz
Veras Gunn
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

I remember hearing about someone in England throwing a brick at JAGex's office when the wild and free trade were announced to be removed.

And I'm surprised that thing about Capcom and MML3 hasn't been attempted yet.
WHAT THE HELL?! emotion_jawdrop Sheesh, I knew people got extremely butthurt over those being removed but throwing a brick at their office is just INSANE. I hope the guy got some jail time for that, along with a ban.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Super 9-Volt
WHAT THE HELL?! emotion_jawdrop Sheesh, I knew people got extremely butthurt over those being removed but throwing a brick at their office is just INSANE. I hope the guy got some jail time for that, along with a ban.
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

I don't believe they ever found out who it was.

And yes, people were PISSED when that was announced. Being a player mod during the time it happened, I couldn't talk in public without being attacked by people, even though I wasn't part of the JAGex staff in any way.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Something in the comments caught my attention.
The violence in the video games on that system can't be the cause of this.
The boy shot the father because the father didn't come back with the game system when the boy asked him to get it during a shopping trip. Not because he was influenced by previously played games.
The father was inattentive and the four year old was full of rage and spoiled so rotten that he didn't know just how bad his action was.
That's the deal in a nut-shell.

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Only people out of touch with reality should not be playing games, which I would agree counts as a child that young.

But dont worry, the kid has to grow up knowing he killed his dad over something so dumb he'll probably hang himself in 15 years maybe.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-Radiant-Abyss-
Only people out of touch with reality should not be playing games, which I would agree counts as a child that young.

But dont worry, the kid has to grow up knowing he killed his dad over something so dumb he'll probably hang himself in 15 years maybe.

If the kid isn't hit by stray gunfire first, that is.
I mean, considering where he's living, even a car bomb might happen.......

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
smashbrolink
-Radiant-Abyss-

If the kid isn't hit by stray gunfire first, that is.
I mean, considering where he's living, even a car bomb might happen.......
I guess i should probably read that article...and i randomly just started smelling cheesey doritos...strange.

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Oh, it happened in THAT part of the world. Never mind, he'll probably grow up just as fine and well adjusted as all the others :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff