4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
Domon Kasshu Tokoro
Pinkie Pyro
Domon Kasshu Tokoro

Quote:
This is a culture whose rape victims are judicially punished and whose "embarrassments" are publicly stoned to death. It proves nothing.

it proves even videogames make a horrible society even worse.
The kid could have wanted anything and killed his father because he was denied the object.

He could have wanted Legos or a plastic model kit and the same outcome could have surfaced. Saying it was a video game's fault is silly.
Or maybe another outcome that didn't involve violence would have happened. You gamers are something else, always trying to say "x" could have happened so "y" isn't responsible with no other evidence of the person's interest is shown is just silly and a desperate attempt to justify your murder machines.
Woah, slow down there Mr. Thompson.

I'm not saying that it's impossible video games caused this. However, it is highly unlikely because the home did not have any home consoles to begin with. Being in a war-torn country, he could easily have been influenced by every day life. The child obviously had some problems, and improper child rearing, he he killed his own father over a video game console.

Maybe the child was pre-disposed to violent behavior by his father? We can't truly say. But as I said before, it is highly unlikely video games had anything to do with it because he had no video games to have previously played to learn such behavior.
--------> the joke

--------> every poster in this threads head

Hilarious Capitalist

Domon Kasshu Tokoro
http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-boy-4-kills-father-over-playstation-151551564.html

Look at what your videogames have caused. An innocent man has just lost his life. When will people learn that videogames cause nothing but violence, addiction and sorrow?

b***h please!

Radix malorum est cupiditas
1 Timothy 6:10

Much worse than some game
Domon Kasshu Tokoro

Look at what your videogames have caused. An innocent man has just lost his life. When will people learn that videogames cause nothing but violence, addiction and sorrow?

This has forever changed my life. Thank you Domon for making me see the error of my ways. It is obvious to me now that video games have slowly disintegrated my moral compass and has corrupted my very soul. Damn you Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon what have you done to me! Thank you good sir for opening my eyes and showing me the path to enlightenment.

I shall now burn all of my video games and send them back to the bowels of hell. Perhaps now i will take a self reflecting journey to Tibet and meditate at the Himalayas. Or maybe I can now live my childhood dream of becoming a power ranger. I am no longer shackled by the the heavy weights of indecency forged my the monolithic corporations of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.
Why would someone be stupid enough to put a deadly weapon in front of an angry child? That's like jumping into a pit of hungry lions wearing a costume made of meat. At least put it somewhere that the child can't reach, even if you are doing something as simple as stripping in front of your child. At least knock him out first.
Is that true? O_O Well if it is, it time for "speaking my mind mode!" (lol)

Video game violence influencing kids are a big issue today. :<

Technically, the cause of the child killing his father is the game console, but think about it.

I believe that the reason why children that age are violent is because they've been exposed to video game violence too early, therefore they're fresh, curious minds are not able to comprehend if it's good or bad. There's a reason why video game companies put "For ages blah to blah" in their games so that parents would know if the games that their children are playing is actually age appropriate. Only those who are mature enough, or better yet, age appropriate can play video games with violence because they know better.

It's sad though that the child had to resort to killing his Father. Whoever exposed him to such video game violence in such a young age is the main cause of the killing, and not video games, because if the children knew not about this violence they wouldn't apply it to their young lives.

7,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
Domon Kasshu Tokoro

Has they put this in Wikipedia?

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
Yeah, video games "cause nothing but violence, addiction, and sorrow." neutral

You sound like an Atheist who blames religion for all the problems in the world.

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Domon Kasshu Tokoro
final_resurrectionian
But I am still confused about your statement of addiction, sorrow and violence.

Several people have died playing or due to games, Documented cases where individuals have been addicted to games non-stop.(think someone with a gambling addiction) and the weeping families over the loss/injury/or addiction of a family member.

Quote:
[What idiot parent let him get a hold of a gun?

It's Saudi Arabia. Every kid has a gun.

Quote:
He didnt have the video game so it isnt the PS3's fault. It is the parents fault for letting it go this far

Not having the item doesn't mean he wasn't influenced by the gaming device.

Quote:
Gamers these days are all so entitled. First it was demanding a new ending for Mass Effect 3, now it's killing their parents when they don't get their gadgets. Next thing you know they'll be suicide bombers attacking Capcom for canceling MegaMan Legends 3.

We need videogames stopped before it is too late. Their entitlement will only grow and grow. We will soon be in the middle of a war between Activision, EA, capcom, and the gamers in an all out war.

Quote:
This is a culture whose rape victims are judicially punished and whose "embarrassments" are publicly stoned to death. It proves nothing.

it proves even videogames make a horrible society even worse.

I assume that this kid hasn't have enough discipline to his Father. Furthermore, this child will forever live with a heavy burden. Also, this child is too young to be exposed to very violent games in his age.

Tipsy Bookworm

Domon Kasshu Tokoro

Quote:
[What idiot parent let him get a hold of a gun?

It's Saudi Arabia. Every kid has a gun.

There you go, which means he learned how to shoot a gun by shooting his rival gang members. confused
It's not classy, but I have to pop in the joke - "In Soviet Russia, Modern Warfare 3...."

You can finish the rest.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Veras Gunn
Gamers these days are all so entitled. First it was demanding a new ending for Mass Effect 3, now it's killing their parents when they don't get their gadgets. Next thing you know they'll be suicide bombers attacking Capcom for canceling MegaMan Legends 3.

What, no mention of bombing them for their other mistakes?
And what about EA?
No nuke for them?XD

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
I killed my brother for claiming he was better at video games than me, why am I not on yahoo news?
Horrible Parenting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces