Welcome to Gaia! ::

Discuss: Should more be done about hackers who play first person shooters?

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I heard TF2 is having a cheater problem due to Free to play. Not to mention other shenanigans.

Source engine cheats are annoying because they are all automated and make it hard for general users to prevent their exploits.
Bubsy
I heard TF2 is having a cheater problem due to Free to play. Not to mention other shenanigans.

Source engine cheats are annoying because they are all automated and make it hard for general users to prevent their exploits.

silly cheaters

Desirable Businessman

6,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The problem is how do you tell the difference from someone playing really well and someone using hax? People report them? well the good players get reported to Recorded footage? hmm this might work i guess if there are obvious hacks. Kills/deaths? well i'm sure if someone was a good hacker they would make a new account before it got too out of hand and start over. Thats just my 2 cents though.
Abrey Selyn

Discuss: Should more be done about hackers who play first person shooters?

OMG! I love these guys XD
I personally dont think enough is done about hackers in games, it just takes the fun out of a good challenge and intimidates players. I hate people who try to exploit the game just for "fun" or to be total a dumb-a**!
LOL tbats funny

Wheezing Noob

dwarfshorty
The problem is how do you tell the difference from someone playing really well and someone using hax? People report them? well the good players get reported to Recorded footage? hmm this might work i guess if there are obvious hacks. Kills/deaths? well i'm sure if someone was a good hacker they would make a new account before it got too out of hand and start over. Thats just my 2 cents though.

The difference is
If I'm using a minigun and shooting at you from across a map
And EVERY BULLET IS HITTING YOU.
I'm using some type of aimbot.
Because they're is an implemented code in the game that spreads out weapon fire the farther the distance.

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Play on a console? Lol.

Golden Gawker

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bubsy

The TF2 problem is over exaggerated, yes I wouldn't doubt cheating has gone up a little due to becoming free but other then that I rarely see any hackers in the servers I play in, and if any do show up usually there's a server admin on and he's gone in a second.
0_S h i n j i n_0
dwarfshorty

The difference is
Because they're is an implemented code in the game that spreads out weapon fire the farther the distance.

You know miniguns are pretty damn accurate.
The companies behind the games can't be expected to handle every single instance because there will always be exploits, and with new "fixes" comes new ways to get around them. They can try to put out patches and more sophisticated cheat detectors to render older scripts and cheats unusable, but that will just make people step it up. Most of the responsibility rests on the server owners and the server communities. Screen recording is very easy these days (and for source games you only need to know the console commands for demo recording). You can easily get the user I.D.s of shady players through game ranking systems like gameme, or, again, through console commands, as PC is the platform of choice for FPS games.

Thankfully, it is not too hard to tell the difference between a cheater and someone just having beastly skills since most aimbotters are [******** retarded at making it look legit, operating under the presumption that nobody is watching from their PoV, recording their activities, or that there is nobody who can kick or ban them. When some people are called out, their playing style changes dramatically which is pretty much a confession. Most of these cheaters are novices when it comes to using aimbot, speedhack, wallhack, etc. so they use them recklessly, either due to being too stupid or to see how fast they can get their asses thrown out by an admin or the console.

Dangerous Genius

Disconsented
0_S h i n j i n_0
dwarfshorty

The difference is

Shotgun Sniping for the win. XD Though without Hacking I have actually tried doing that before.

Wheezing Noob

Disconsented
0_S h i n j i n_0
dwarfshorty

The difference is

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
0_S h i n j i n_0
Disconsented
0_S h i n j i n_0
dwarfshorty

The difference is

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Have seen a real minigun. They don't have the spray of a shotgun.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff