Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Seeker

3,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Please explain the damn story! I LOVE THE GAME. But I am so so confused. Is Sebastian in a dream or something? Up to chpt 6 with theradbrad smile Gonna play myself soon, but I am so... I really want to understand lol.

Blessed Seeker

3,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gheistly
Play through the game. If you do not understand it afterward then ask someone to explain it to you.
I still want to ask questions about what's going on so far. Usually in a game you get where it's headed. But in Evil Within it is not so clear. You don't have to beat a game to get what's going on smile

Blessed Seeker

3,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gheistly
yung champagne papi

With Japanese developers it usually does take until the end of the game to figure out what is going on and even then it is not guaranteed. They have a tendency to make convoluted stories that might make some sense if you are heavily intoxicated.
I feel you lol. Well playing RE4 or something you already can explain what has happened so far. But in Evil Within? I can't really explain why those things happened. But I guess I will just have to wait and find out. People has been saying the end is far worst or something. I'll see lol.
same here, although i see more or less what's going on as the story advances. chapter 8 and 9 helped with that.

game freaks me out more than i thought it would have. reminds me a bit of silent hill (which was also a game that was pretty much wtf as far as story goes), although some enemies and bosses are just ridiculously lousy in tew and tew is much scarier in my opinion.

have fun! chapter 9 is giving me a hard time :( that's what i get for playing on survival instead of casual, i guess.

side note: so like how do i download the fighting chance dlc? i don't see an option anywhere for downloadable content. and the season pass says it'll be available may 2015, although you can purchase it now? am i reading that right? thanks in advance.

Blessed Seeker

3,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Inferior Cookies
same here, although i see more or less what's going on as the story advances. chapter 8 and 9 helped with that.

game freaks me out more than i thought it would have. reminds me a bit of silent hill (which was also a game that was pretty much wtf as far as story goes), although some enemies and bosses are just ridiculously lousy in tew and tew is much scarier in my opinion.

have fun! chapter 9 is giving me a hard time :( that's what i get for playing on survival instead of casual, i guess.

side note: so like how do i download the fighting chance dlc? i don't see an option anywhere for downloadable content. and the season pass says it'll be available may 2015, although you can purchase it now? am i reading that right? thanks in advance.
I agree! It is really reminding me of Silent Hill with the creepy transitions, but also RE. (That's because it's the same director of 4 of course smile ) About the Fighting Chance DLC, did you check the market? I'm not too sure about it.
by the end of the game you figure out Seb's been strapped to the machine with the bath tub looking things. leslie, connelly, jimenez and other characters are in the machine as well. in the center of the machine is ruvik who has created the world in which you play through. many holes are left in the end such as juli, her background, motives, and identity as well as tatiana's part in the game other than being just a nurse. joseph apparently dies too by the hand of juli although it's strange how one part of the game he's seen and then next thing, he disappears and seb claims he's dead like he just knew, unless i missed that. what's also strange is that ruvik can only exist as a person within the machine but at the start of the game he kills the police. myra, seb's wife, is also never found; whether or not she might actually be juli remains a mystery.
yung champagne papi
Inferior Cookies

I agree! It is really reminding me of Silent Hill with the creepy transitions, but also RE. (That's because it's the same director of 4 of course smile ) About the Fighting Chance DLC, did you check the market? I'm not too sure about it.

the fighting chance dlc isn't all too worth it imo. green goo isn't hard to obtain, the incendiary rounds become useless once you get to harpoon lv 5, and the poison rounds aren't too great either. the only good thing i can think of is the double barrel. the fire rate is extremely quick and it's pretty strong . the only downside is you can't upgrade it or any of the bolts given in the dlc
Gheistly
yung champagne papi

With Japanese developers it usually does take until the end of the game to figure out what is going on and even then it is not guaranteed. They have a tendency to make convoluted stories that might make some sense if you are heavily intoxicated.

They suck at writing.

Demonic Hellraiser

6,800 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ughhh, I have to wait for steam to have a sale so i can buy it. I'm so sad. :'c

Feral Nymph

I don't see what's so hard to understand. You are trapped in someone else's psyche. You are attempting to escape without getting killed horribly. The end.
Down vote for not even bothering to give a spoiler warning.
(glad I didn't read anything but the first sentence as I've been saving it for tonight)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff