Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Seeker

If this happens after this week is up im done with xbox forever. So tired of getting kicked 4 or 5 times a day. For the past like 2 weeks this keeps happening and its pissing me off to the point of wanting to smash my xbox and be done with it. I cant stop randomly ranting now great.

Ruthless Rogue

Ive havnt had random disconnects from live in a few months. Its most likely your internet connection.

Lonely Seeker

Liightning
Ive havnt had random disconnects from live in a few months. Its most likely your internet connection.

Love your microsoft-ish answer. No its not lots of people have this same problem. My internet is fine always is.

Heroic Senshi

He doesn't like you.
I don't like you, either!
You better watch yourself! We're wanted men! I have the death sentence in 12 systems!

Ruthless Rogue

Latokilas
Liightning

Love your microsoft-ish answer. No its not lots of people have this same problem. My internet is fine always is.
I love the most logical answer as well. Explain why i dont disconnect and you do then?

Lonely Seeker

Liightning
Latokilas
Liightning

I love the most logical answer as well. Explain why i dont disconnect and you do then?

Do you not read the forums on xbox.com? You can whatever you think is right. I know my internet is good. I will get kicked from live and my internet is fine. Better then most of the people around here. But whatevs you keep doing what you think is right.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Super Sailor Moon
He doesn't like you.
I don't like you, either!
You better watch yourself! We're wanted men! I have the death sentence in 12 systems!
You win a cookie for this quote.

Shirtless Raider

This is why i sold out my xbox and went with PSN. I rarely get kicked from it.... i basically got tired of xbox waving wireless connectivity in my face and then it doesn't work when i want it

Lonely Seeker

9cer
Are you using Wi-Fi? That could disconnect you at times. An Ethernet cord is always connected and is more reliable.

If the problem IS your Internet connection, stop blaming Xbox Live. They are two seperate things. That would be like your Internet shutting down and you blaming YouTube for it.

I use an ethernet cord and my internet is fine its xbox live. No one is going to listen.

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Isn't this kind of the wrong place to complain about this? If you want xbox to do something about it, then file a ticket with xbox.

Or do some testing on the connection between your net and your xbox. Your net may well be fine, but the connection between the two may be cutting out. Depends how old your ethernet cable is too. They do deteriorate over time.

Generous Lover

13,775 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
This happened to me a few years back on my 360. It turned out to be the router was too old and needed to be updated, so we just replaced it and didn't have problems after that. But for a list of things that it can be besides that:

Cache fills up and needs to be cleared

Problems with your Internet service provider

If it's wireless then there can be interference between the router and system

Settings not set up right on the router

Corrupted live profile (need to delete and restore profile)

To name a few. If there is something wrong with live they let you know on their website and would be happening to everyone not just some people. If it's happening to only some people then it, most of the time, is something on the person's end.

Worthy Trash

Based on a bit of what you've posted, it simply sounds like your connection. A generic response, but that is probably the case. I haven't had any problems, nobody I know on LIVE has had any problems, and Liightning hasn't had any problems, so it's clearly on your side.

Xbox LIVE requires a constant connection of at least 3Mbps download speed and 1Mbps upload speed to stay connected. The more you are doing that requires either/or, the slower it could go, eventually leading to being DCed. Do also note that some games are heavier on bandwidth requirements than others, like large dedicated servers (MMOs like Destiny and Defiance).

Go to speedtest.net and run it a couple times when you aren't doing anything, and a couple times when you are playing online and downloading. Don't just do one test and call it good.

Timid Conversationalist

I was getting kicked several times a day for five months and then all of a sudden... it stopped.

(Knock on wood)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces