Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
So I've had an interest in the Shin Megami Tensei series. I'm playing Nocturne, and Im thinking of playing Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abbadon. I know how the game plays out, but what about the overall feel? What kind of a story am I getting into? What's the plot and atmosphere? If you've played Devil Summoner 2, I want to know what your personal take was on experiencing the game so that I know I'm not just getting into another intrinsic passtime.

Noble Friend

8,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Nope I have played the first one its pretty awesome also have a ridiculous boss but I hope I can play it again but my ps2 is broken and I recommend you play the first one too
Obviously, you'll be playing as Raidou Kuzunoha. You've already said that you know how it plays? Then I'm guessing that you know the combat happens to be action paced this time, and not turn based like in other SMT games. When I had it on the PS2, I actually didn't play it to the end but I played enough to explain some things.

I'm pretty sure that I happened to make it all the way to either "Episode 7" or "Episode 8" before I stopped playing for personal reasons. Anyways, the town you start in feels "old-timey" and has that Japanese look and feel. I actually enjoyed walking around and Raidou's whole outfit and demeanor. He also happens to be a silent protagonist but what am I saying? that happens to be a re-occurring theme in the SMT/Persona series.

Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon, happens to be a lot darker than say Persona 4. It's an actual SMT title (Fun-Fact: They only used the SMT title on Persona 3 and 4 for brand recognition/sales). Furthermore, the "dark" look can be seen in the characters, world and the demon's. This time round, you'll be fusing demon's with a crazy old scientist and a steel cage fueled by electricity.

If you've played an SMT title before, and it seems like you have, you should be expecting the same "feeling" you get in previous titles in the franchise. I've actually been playing SMT IV on the 3DS because I finally purchased a 2DS. Just imagine, walking around and doing battle via Dragon Quest's battle system (First Person View). But that's neither here nor there... There's also dungeons in DS2, but they aren't as extensive as say, Tartarus in Persona 3.

Hopefully I've answered your questions enough to get an idea from of what you're getting yourself into.
I bought it years ago because it came with a Raiho plushie. It's an okay game I guess, if you liked the first one you'll like it. The characters are all pretty interesting and it's fun to use the demons around the city but combat is kind of boring and the maps get kind of troublesome to wander around if you just want to get somewhere fast.

Greedy Informer

I own a bunch of SMT games, n' that was my first one. I love it a lot, but then I got stuck and put it down.
I also got my hands on the first one but then school happened.

Levykins's Bae

Prodigal Guildsman

14,925 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Signature Look 250
Edit Well Derp. I just noticed that you were talking about Devil Summoner 2 not Devil Survivor 2.

I really want it but haven't had a chance to get it yet. Is it on psn?

V

I wish. I don't have that one yet even though I really want it. Not sure if I should just wait for the 3ds version to come out or buy the ds version (Not like I can afford it right now anyways :c )

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
xprincess_rozalinx
Edit Well Derp. I just noticed that you were talking about Devil Summoner 2 not Devil Survivor 2.

V

I wish. I don't have that one yet even though I really want it. Not sure if I should just wait for the 3ds version to come out or buy the ds version (Not like I can afford it right now anyways :c )

Actually, it is on PSN. Granted, I would've gotten a bunch of the PS2 classics on PSN if I didn't have such limited HDD space. Plus I'm worried about messing my fat PS3 up if I change the HDD.

Zombie Prom's Husband

Married Hunter

I've not played Devil Summoner 2, but I used to have the first one.

Levykins's Bae

Prodigal Guildsman

14,925 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Signature Look 250
Silver Highlights
xprincess_rozalinx

V

Actually, it is on PSN. Granted, I would've gotten a bunch of the PS2 classics on PSN if I didn't have such limited HDD space. Plus I'm worried about messing my fat PS3 up if I change the HDD.

Yeah, I can't afford them used well you can always put one on and then when you're done with it, delete it (you can redownload it for free.)

I kind of really want to expand the memory on my ps3 too...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff