Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Poster

15,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Time to rubish some stuff, my D drive are almost full smile .

Dapper Codger

13,400 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Aw yiss, The Sims 2! Totally downloading, thanks for the heads-up. I bought the original game way back when and split three EPs between my friends. (I drew the short straw by having to buy/own Open for Business. I didn't even open any businesses.)

Wheezing Smoker

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
  • Statustician 100
BIG QUESTION

WHERE DO I PUT MY CUSTOM CONTENT? There is no documents/sim 2....it's on origin. I put it in windows/programs 86/origin games/sims 2/downloads

this doesnt seem to be working....pkg files. do i need to do something else?
Katie Chronic
BIG QUESTION

WHERE DO I PUT MY CUSTOM CONTENT? There is no documents/sim 2....it's on origin. I put it in windows/programs 86/origin games/sims 2/downloads

I'd like to know, too. I have no clue how to put mods in.
I don't wanna play as an ugly sim. :c
Yato Chan
Katie Chronic
BIG QUESTION

Maybe one of thse links is useful?

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=528830&c=1&ht=&page=6&pp=25#post4459272

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=528830&c=1&ht=&page=5&pp=25#post4458929
Speedy Polygonzales
Yato Chan
Katie Chronic
BIG QUESTION

]http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=528830&c=1&ht=&page=5&pp=25#post4458929

Holy s**t, that actually works.

Quote:
Or right-click on the sims2pack file and click "Open With...", travel to Program Files > Origin Games > TS2 Ultimate > Fun with Pets > SP9 > CSin > PackageInstaller.exe

Thank you so much. c':

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Lets be real here. If anyone really did want this s**t for free, its quite easily found -surfing around-.

Its also slightly more annoying to get it off their site than to dl and install through other -watery- means.

But hey, don't ask me. I'm just a simple sailor.

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
I doubt this is a PR move tbh they stopped maintenance for the sims 2 about a week or so ago so its not like anyone is going to buy a ten year old game with horrible quality. tbh the memories are better than what we think most people I know downloaded it and played for about 5 minutes before getting bored. The only thing EA has to gain is making people get Orgins......... tbh that kind of sounds like a PR move now xD
DirtyVibe
I doubt this is a PR move tbh they stopped maintenance for the sims 2 about a week or so ago so its not like anyone is going to buy a ten year old game with horrible quality. tbh the memories are better than what we think most people I know downloaded it and played for about 5 minutes before getting bored. The only thing EA has to gain is making people get Orgins......... tbh that kind of sounds like a PR move now xD

Exactly.

Gets people using Origins, and gets people who haven't played Sims 2 playing a Sims game. Which makes them want to play newer Sims games.

Besides, not like they lose anything by giving it away, doubt it's making them too much money anymore.

Wheezing Smoker

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
  • Statustician 100
Yato Chan
Speedy Polygonzales
Yato Chan
Katie Chronic
BIG QUESTION

]http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=528830&c=1&ht=&page=5&pp=25#post4458929

Holy s**t, that actually works.

Quote:
Or right-click on the sims2pack file and click "Open With...", travel to Program Files > Origin Games > TS2 Ultimate > Fun with Pets > SP9 > CSin > PackageInstaller.exe

Thank you so much. c':

I cant right click & open each file becaue I have winrar and thats what the files open with...?
Katie Chronic
I cant right click & open each file becaue I have winrar and thats what the files open with...?

Actually, I tried doing this method a second time and it wouldn't work. However, I installed sims2pack (version 1.6.21) cleaner and I've been able to download .Sims2Pack files perfectly.

What files are you trying to download? If they are .package files or .Sims2Pack files, I may be able to help you.

Tipsy Prophet

Thank you! I've been meaning to get some games for my laptop, but my filthy console loving a** keeps spending money on console games.
YOU FOOLS ITS A CONFIRMED HONEYPOT

ENJOY HAVING THE CIA BREAKING DOWN YOUR DOOR, YOU BUFFOONS

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
It's interesting that EA is releasing TS2 like that. If I didn't already have all of the games as physical discs I'd probably be all over it. But I have them all so I don't particularly need to bother with the download. smile

TS2 was so much better than TS3, if you ask me...
Well we're months away from Sims 4, so why not give out a game that isn't selling anymore?
Like, they took it off Origin and Steam ages ago.
People see a free game, play the addictive Sims 2, and buy the more recent games, including Sims 4 when it comes out.
It's a clever marketing strategy in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff