Welcome to Gaia! ::

I got my DSi yesterday, today I tried the Action Replay only to learn it doesn't work.
I went online and found out the DSi won't recognize the AR. This is some serious BS!
Worst part, is that this caught me completely off guard as I didn't even know about it.
This is much worse than the no GBA slot, 2 hours and I'm already bored with the bells and whistles.

Now I wish I could get my money back and just get a DS Lite. I could live with no
DSi but no AR is a deal breaker. A lot of people are against hacking and that's
fine, I hack, but I agree people should have a choice of not fighting hackers.
However, brutally taking the right to cheat at all, with a device you paid for is wrong.

I NEED to be able to hack Pokemon or I'll never get the real ones that I want. I'm always
honest and I battle with legit stuff, I don't deserve this. So is there any way around this?
Some guy on anoter board said you can use PokeSave without a AR, wonder if that's true.
Blazing Arcanine
I NEED to be able to hack Pokemon or I'll never get the real ones that I want. I'm always
honest and I battle with legit stuff, I don't deserve this.

lol
First off, let's get one thing straight.
You use cheat codes. You do not hack. Unless you are the one creating the codes, which I highly doubt, you do not hack. You just use a device with cheats.

Second, I did post a warning on these boards, as well as the fact that the intarwebs is full of "Action replays don't work on the DSi", if you bother to use Google to look it up.
This is what I'm hearing, "I can't cheat so I don't like the new system!"

Games are meant to be played, not hacked.

You can find people online who went to the events to get real legit Pokemon.

Aged Codger

7,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
You can't really complain that a device not designed for another device didn't work. stare
Cool story, bro. Cool story.

This just made my day.
Neo Slith X
This is what I'm hearing, "I can't cheat so I don't like the new system!"

Games are meant to be played, not hacked.

You can find people online who went to the events to get real legit Pokemon.

I'm hearing "I can't use software that I paid for, so I don't like the new system."

*shrug*
Guess it all depends on whether you care how other people play their games or not.
Age of Kings
Blazing Arcanine
honest and I battle with legit stuff, I don't deserve this.

lol

im right there with you rofl
*tries to jam a vhs into a DVD player* It won't work. DVDs suck. [/analogy]
You seriously dont like the DSi because of that one thing? Dude, Id trade you my lite for it in a heartbeat.
Dinosaurshotgun
*tries to jam a vhs into a DVD player* It won't work. DVDs suck. [/analogy]

That's a pretty bad analogy. Try this one.

*tries to play an old DVD on a new DVD player that for some reason has different workings so it is incompatible with previous DVDs* It won't work... DVD players that were changed to no longer be compatible with certain other DVDs suck.
Tailsbound, no need to get overtly philosophical in a joke thread

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
You can't play video games without cheating? You should seriously try looking for another hobby...
Age of Kings
Tailsbound, no need to get overtly philosophical in a joke thread
There's also no need for superiority ego-trips from people just because he wants to use an Action Replay.
People need to stop acting like dicks to others just because they play their games differently.

Agile Pumpkin

6,000 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Ukryu
You can't play video games without cheating? You should seriously try looking for another hobby...

Is it really effecting your own game play when he cheats. I mean I can see if he cheats in something that actually effects and hurts you but pokemon really really doesn't hurt you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff