Welcome to Gaia! ::

Buggy Survivor

Is anyone still playing this game? I bought it around a year ago but never finished it for whatever reason. I'm playing it now and am really enjoying the pawn customization--so far my level 40 Warrior is Scather / Pioneer / Challenger, but I'm planning on switching him back to Scather / Challenger / Pioneer or Pioneer / Scather / Challenger to see what works better. I just want him to be as aggressive as possible--I'm playing a Ranger so I basically hang back and pick off enemies while they surround him.

Let me know if any of you guys are still playing! My PSN is SJ-Boo, pawn's name is Rathbone.

Buggy Survivor

Yeah levels 1-15 or so are hard, especially for a mage (that's what I started as). Just make sure to have a ton of curatives in your inventor, because there are random bandits that can kill you with one blow when you get out of Cassardis. When you get to Gran Soren you can change your vocation.

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
kisyen
Is anyone still playing this game? I bought it around a year ago but never finished it for whatever reason. I'm playing it now and am really enjoying the pawn customization--so far my level 40 Warrior is Scather / Pioneer / Challenger, but I'm planning on switching him back to Scather / Challenger / Pioneer or Pioneer / Scather / Challenger to see what works better. I just want him to be as aggressive as possible--I'm playing a Ranger so I basically hang back and pick off enemies while they surround him.

Let me know if any of you guys are still playing! My PSN is SJ-Boo, pawn's name is Rathbone.

I platinumed it recently
Nekrotical
kisyen

I do not plan on changing my vocation except when I am able to become a Sorcerer... if I can make it that far. I wish it was simply an issue of having picked a bad vocation to start with but these are the classes I enjoy and if a game does not do them right, then I lose interest in the game. However, I owe it to a friend of mine to keep trying and hope it gets better. I am curious though, why did you start off as a Mage but then end up as a Warrior?

If you make it to a Sorcerer it does get better, though it's still a challenge. I played through the game as the mage/sorcerer and while it was fun, I did spend a good bit of the game feeling under powered compared to the other classes. Though if you do keep a good bit of potions and such on you, as well as have a good pawn or two then it balances out in a way.

I've been meaning to play the game again just haven't done it yet.
I lost my game file for it unfortunately...i was doing every mission too...
i do plan to play it after I've completed my perfect canon for dragon age 3
Nekrotical

Mage is incredibly indispensable class to have in your crew, for healing and buffs... Like always, it starts out the weakest - useful for healing only. While on the other hand Sorcerer is more of a devastating attack and debuff oriented class.. There's also some mix classes like Magick Archer and Mystic Knight, but I get the feeling you'd rather avoid close confrontations, so try the Magic Archer which is a good magic class if you ignore the fact that your catalyst looks like a bow..

And while you might feel otherwise, I'd suggest you keep another Mage in your crew for the start. Have them focus on healing while you get the hang of offensive spells.

Oh and yes, the game isn't easy at first, even I struggled in the Well, and I was a despicable Rogue.
Nekrotical
Foxiiify

I recruited the maximum number of pawns and I still struggled to clear out the well in the beginning area. I suppose having myself as the only mage and therefore the only "healer" might have been an issue but I was not exactly keen on having my main pawn (or any other) share the same vocation as me.

That well is just a pain in the a** in general. Though I didn't want to, I felt like I pretty much HAD to have atleast have another healer pawn with me, just due to the amount of enemies that can pretty much one shot you in early game. Once you get to around mid game, or have some decent gear, you can get rid of them, and still do pretty well.

Buggy Survivor

Nekrotical
kisyen

I do not plan on changing my vocation except when I am able to become a Sorcerer... if I can make it that far. I wish it was simply an issue of having picked a bad vocation to start with but these are the classes I enjoy and if a game does not do them right, then I lose interest in the game. However, I owe it to a friend of mine to keep trying and hope it gets better. I am curious though, why did you start off as a Mage but then end up as a Warrior?

Getting the Levitation skill early helped, I would literally hover away every time an enemy came near, though they shouldn't often if you have a good fighter/warrior pawn. I actually really like how this game made the mage classes, but you definitely need to be more careful while playing them versus Fighter or Strider.

No the Warrior is my pawn, though I did switch to Ranger when I reached level 10 or 11. I'm planning on staying a Ranger till level 100, then switching to Sorcerer.

Feel free to add me on PSN, my pawn might make it easier on you for the early levels, he's level 41 right now.

Alien Worshipper

-raises hand-

I do. Level 200 solo Ranger. When I bring her back from the Rift, I have a level 200 Sorcerer. Scather/Challenger.

ps- Sorry the game is still giving you some troubles. The game is hard for everyone at the start.

/was the friend who talked him into getting it

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
I wish it was on pc.

Finished it on ps3 and I cbf booting the ps3 for 1 game. its not even in my room anymore.

Buggy Survivor

Diabolical Indulgence
-raises hand-

I do. Level 200 solo Ranger. When I bring her back from the Rift, I have a level 200 Sorcerer. Scather/Challenger.

ps- Sorry the game is still giving you some troubles. The game is hard for everyone at the start.

Nice! I'm really looking forward to post game and BBl. I did go to the entrance of it to get rid of the quest marker, it looks gorgeous.

Alien Worshipper

kisyen
Diabolical Indulgence
-raises hand-

Nice! I'm really looking forward to post game and BBl. I did go to the entrance of it to get rid of the quest marker, it looks gorgeous.

Aha, gl with that. It can still give me a hard time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff