Welcome to Gaia! ::

Punching Bag

In my experience, at first I'm a "12yr old boy who's balls need to drop." Then, if I decide to bother to correct them (which I always do), a new slew of insults pour in. Not necessarily 'kitchen' jokes mind you, thank god, but still demeaning and in poor taste all the same. I then become a dumb b***h, etc. It's okay though, because usually I only get insulted when I'm kicking some poor fool's a**. I've never actually been insulted by some no-face gamer, only minorly annoyed if they remain persistant, so being a "gamer girl" (wtf?) isn't the end of the world for me. I assume that's what your asking. Honestly I don't refer to myself as a gamer girl, though... it's an odd term with too much dirt on it, not to mention unnecessary.
I am annoyed at the myriad of threads that appear pertaining to this topic.
YunaSama
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Never bin through that... Wouldn't care either... Ppl also call me "man" or "dude" mistaking me for a G.I.R.L. character every now and then... Usually it's just best to respond to it just the same if you don't plan on becoming friends anyway... Just like when you're being called "gamer girl" or "noob" or something like that... It ain't a big deal... cat_sweatdrop

Though I don't really hide my gender (my behavior kinda gives it away anyway), I'm not shouting all around like "hey I'm a girl either"... Usually it just comes out after a good conversation... Or last time I just kinda just spit it out (in terms of typing) when a guy in my guild was mistaking me for a gay guy... And if guys get too interested, they'll just get the cold shower they deserve (links to images like a banana cutter is more then enough for that)... cat_razz

I guess the way you act also has to do with how you get treated... Cause most ppl treat me like they threat any other person out there no matter what game I play even when they know I'm a female (like it's that rare these days anyway) so I can't really complain... cat_3nodding

[******** all that, I just need a b***h who can make me a sammich

Woman can play games AND provide their own cooked food... Who's the winner here? emotion_awesome
Seriously though... You guys seem to have no problem in maxing your cooking skills in a game... Yet it seems like you guys can't even get off your fat lazy asses, march yourself into the kitchen, and make yourself a goddamn sammich that even a 6-year-old could easily make? cat_neutral

Do you have any pictures of yourself?

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Sandbattler
YunaSama
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Never bin through that... Wouldn't care either... Ppl also call me "man" or "dude" mistaking me for a G.I.R.L. character every now and then... Usually it's just best to respond to it just the same if you don't plan on becoming friends anyway... Just like when you're being called "gamer girl" or "noob" or something like that... It ain't a big deal... cat_sweatdrop

Though I don't really hide my gender (my behavior kinda gives it away anyway), I'm not shouting all around like "hey I'm a girl either"... Usually it just comes out after a good conversation... Or last time I just kinda just spit it out (in terms of typing) when a guy in my guild was mistaking me for a gay guy... And if guys get too interested, they'll just get the cold shower they deserve (links to images like a banana cutter is more then enough for that)... cat_razz

I guess the way you act also has to do with how you get treated... Cause most ppl treat me like they threat any other person out there no matter what game I play even when they know I'm a female (like it's that rare these days anyway) so I can't really complain... cat_3nodding

Woman can play games AND provide their own cooked food... Who's the winner here? emotion_awesome
Seriously though... You guys seem to have no problem in maxing your cooking skills in a game... Yet it seems like you guys can't even get off your fat lazy asses, march yourself into the kitchen, and make yourself a goddamn sammich that even a 6-year-old could easily make? cat_neutral

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ugh... You again... Yes I have a picture laying around somewhere... No you cannot have it... Just like the last time you asked me... emotion_facepalm

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I do if only because of the negative connotation attached. You can't be a gamer who also happens to be a female. The minute someone finds out your gender, that changes the entire way the conversation proceeds. Suddenly your opinion either matters less or any games you happen to like are "oh, obviously you'd like that, because you're a woman" and other such nonsense that make me want to cut throats and bust balls. I can't stand it, which is a good reason I don't associate with most "gamers", as the majority seem to be complete bastards anyway. Now boys who like a good video game and don't care about things like that? Those are who I hang with and am willing to attempt a normal conversation about things we both love. None of this gender politics and stereotyping BS.

Lightbringer

Not really. If a person's only ever heard very masculine sounding women before, I can't judge them for calling me one.

Fanatical Prophet

W03fu1
I am annoyed at the myriad of threads that appear pertaining to this topic.
The moment one dies, two take its place. In a way, it's like Hell, with women.

Dapper Bear

Yes. does it really ever matter what your sex is? As long as you can do your role or w/e, I really don't care. I don't care if you're better than me or w/e, I'll take those tips and try to apply them next time.

Now if it's just that you think I'm playing, say, WoW or BioShock or whatever to get attention or 'nerd points' or whatever the hell it is nowadays, shut up and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out, please and thank.

Fashionable Lunatic

â„œinny says: A lot of people just assume I suck for being female. So I just don't tell anyone I'm a girl when I play online.
Priestess Resira

Not even Lucifer would put up with this nonsense for as long as we have.
YunaSama
Sandbattler
YunaSama

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ugh... You again... Yes I have a picture laying around somewhere... No you cannot have it... Just like the last time you asked me... emotion_facepalm

Why are you so mean to me?
i don't like to be called game girl

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150

...Can't say I do. o.o

Loving Elder

I've never had that situation. But then again, I rarely play with people I don't know. I try to avoid confrontations like that.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Gaming gurlz are awesome!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers