Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
I never do but then I fall in love with the game and I wish I did. But I don't want to spend that much cash on a game I never played before! What do you do?

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Shepherd Sorey's Partner

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Definitely research.

But the 3 collector's edition I bought, I've enjoyed. Though I knew the series so I didn't have to research much.

Scompiglio's Wife

Even if you try and get it, some are very limited in number and cost a lot more. My KH 2.5 is going to be normal I don't need a pin.

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Yes I do! I have the CE of Danganronpa 2, several Working Designs games, the Producer's Edition of iDOLM@STER One For All, and quite a bit more.
do limited release count? xD
I very rarely buy special editions.

I already don't have much spare cash and I simply can't afford to pay $100+ on a single game, especially when it's a game I'm unsure of. I'm also not crazy about doing tons of research before buying a new game - usually 2-3 episodes of an LP is enough to let me know whether I'd like it or not.
Depends on the game and content.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Basically, I'll buy them if they're in my price range and if the game interests me and overall if what it comes with is worth it. If not, then I'll skip it until I can actually find it cheaper or not at all.

For example, they've all been fairly cheap except for YS: Memories of Celceta: Silver Anniversary Edition which was the most at $50-55 to purchase.

Reno Takamiya
I've got the YS: Memories Of Celceta: Silver Anniversary Edition, Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition, Wild Arms 5: 10th Anniversary (came with artbook) and Persona 3: Edition (Artbook and CD). I've also got the MGS: Essential Collection but that was only games no extra swag included. I also own the Project X Zone: Limited Edition which came with a CD but I never listened to it or put it on my iPod.

Sadly, I no longer have a PS2 (even though I want one again) or the games for Wild Arms 5, Persona 3 and MGS 2 and 3. I'd like the Legacy Collection but that has become rather expensive. I also haven't taken the time to listen or put the music from YS: MoC on my iPod or anything. I also have the Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, which came with a CD/Artbook that has some interesting music and pictures but just like YS: MoC I haven't done much with it.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
I have bought a few. The ones I still have as far as the entire collector's edition goes are Shin Megami Tensei IV and Ys: The memories of Celceta. Oh...and the LOTR War in the North CE....but we don't talk about that game.

Stellar Cat

Sometimes. If it's the only version available at the time. And maybe if it has something I want. Most of my Nippon Ichi games are the limited edition. That's because I got them when they were released. None of them were really expensive. I don't buy those $100 super ultra megazord plus editions.

I usually don't care for the extras. CDs I can't really use. I don't have a CD player. I rarely use my PC for that. But I have a ton of unused CDs now. Maybe I should get one.

I have the Wild Arms 5 limited edition with the art book. I lucked out a few years back because the FYE in the local mall was clearing out it's game inventory. I got tons of great deals at amazing prices. I got Twilight Princess for Gamecube new for only $14. whee

It's too bad they put a sticker on the WA5 box. Why do they do that? I think it was sitting in the storeroom for awhile and some of the plastic had tirn. So they put the sticker not on the plastic, but the box. There was still plastic! You didn't even need to put tape on it either. But oh they taped it too. gonk

And I got a Baten Kaitos flag at EB once. It was left over from preorders and the lady just gave it to me even though I purchased a different game.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
If it comes with a cool statue, then yes, there is a high chance I will buy it, even if the game is crap. Case in point, I actually bought the collector's edition for Aliens: Colonial Marines because I thought the statue was awesome. Now, saying that, I almost never pay the full price on them and instead wait for the price to drop. As another example, I waited and got the Arkham Origins special edition set for only $60.00 at Walmart.
yes.
mainly because i'm an idiot

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
I never have. I was tempted to buy one that was a PS3 exclusive game before I bought my PS3, but it had sold out by the time I thought, "Yeah, maybe I'm close to finally buying one."

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I pretty much only buy CEs for games I really love or if I really like the extras. I've bought a few now... I'm always iffy about ones that come with figures because they're not always that great. ^_^:;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff