Welcome to Gaia! ::

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
They really need to find a way to punish these people. Like seriously... I had to wait forever for wildstar and then when i finally got it DDOS strikes making no one able to play upon release. It screwed me up so much all my friends were in 2 hrs before me emotion_donotwant

Now Diablo 3 is getting attacked and i cant play the new patch classified_fu Arghhhh!!!

kennymap's Wife

Lunatic

SMITE, WoW, LoL, Diablo 3, Sony and Twitch are all being attacked by Lizard Squad. They even sent in a plane bomb threat to the CEO of Sony, who was mid flight. In fact, Twitch is still down right now because LS wants people to send in pictures on twitter with their name [LS] written across their foreheads or else Twitch won't come back up. They even attacked LoL and NA a while ago because it's "taking so long".
I am honestly confused, what exactly started all of this? cause all the things they are attacking i'm not even apart of.
LS is just lucky it hasn't interfered with my raid schedule scream

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Xiskii
SMITE, WoW, LoL, Diablo 3, Sony and Twitch are all being attacked by Lizard Squad. They even sent in a plane bomb threat to the CEO of Sony, who was mid flight. In fact, Twitch is still down right now because LS wants people to send in pictures on twitter with their name [LS] written across their foreheads or else Twitch won't come back up. They even attacked LoL and NA a while ago because it's "taking so long".

smite and LoL are low end. security and system wise. the game itself can run on very low end systems and the antihack aint strong. no big suprises ehre.

diablo doesnt need ddos to get itself locked. so meh.

sony always had shitty security . twitch in the same boat. both still better than the previous mentioned security.

Now WOW is very interesting because their secuirty is quite strong. Infact, they have to deal with secruity attacks on a daily basis with acc, frauds, gold etc. They are very good at fxing acc so I am quite surprised that they were attacked and I wonder if the attack even did anything.

actually that goes for it all. I wonder if the "attack" did anything and if it did actually cause long lasting impact (longer than 15min-1hr)
Lizard Squad messed with my last free weekend before my classes started. >.<. The bomb threat the tweeted was freakin ridiculous!

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Gh4stly
xLiemx

World of Warcraft has been hit by DDoS attacks in the past, this is nothing new but as I said, they do absolutely nothing except inconvenience people for a few days (if that).

I would say a few days is substantial but after the fix, it shall literally be nothing and their system more secure.

ddos will be a thing of the past for major gaming and internet corporations, they are already are for many platforms.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
DDoS'ing is such an old, unoriginal thing to do. I REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS FRESH GODDAMIT.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Gh4stly
xLiemx

How quickly the issue is resolved depends on the company but DDoS attacks are only designed to interrupt a service, not stop it completely. You can still access Twitch and the others, there is just a chance it may cut out. Which as I said is nothing more than a slight inconvenience for most.

yes that is true, perhaps I worded it incorrectly but what I meant to say was, that attack the hacker used will not be usable again, which in turn makes it even harder for the kids to attempt another ddos against the company.
Xiskii

I like these guys, how can I help?
Army In Your Mind
DDoS'ing is such an old, unoriginal thing to do. I REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS FRESH GODDAMIT.

AK47 not very original. Still very deadly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff