Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Oh, hey, I get to kill the pursuer again.
In the arena of a far later and annoyingly difficult boss. For a better ring.

Seems fair.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
W03fu1
This thread is hilariously pathetic at this point. You all are not even conversing or discussing anything. You're making posts that are more suited for Twitter than here.
Und?
Thanacytus

I'm actually currently stuck on that boss. It's nothing special but just one hit is enough to kill me and it feels impossible to avoid everything in the second phase of the fight. How'd ya manage to avoid everything after falling down?

Distinct Tycoon

W03fu1
Divine_Malevolence

That's all.

Why. Like.. Why, almost every thread you just go in and spew toxin. I mean, your kink is your kink I guess, but people are genuinely talking about the subject at hand. I'd appreciate it if you would either contribute, or leave.

Bryagh's Significant Otter

Virtuous Man-Lover

Sodda-Pop
Thanacytus

I'm actually currently stuck on that boss. It's nothing special but just one hit is enough to kill me and it feels impossible to avoid everything in the second phase of the fight. How'd ya manage to avoid everything after falling down?
I just constantly backed off and kept my shield up. The Drangleic Shield has 100% damage reduction, so I was able to full block their hits. Most of their attacks didn't hurt my stamina badly at all, and the ones that -did- (shield throw and the leap) were easily enough dodged, and if I -had- to block them I just rolled back and let my stamina recover.

Cloranthy Ring helps greatly.
Be ready to see a blast from the past in the Blue Cathedral. I would say more, but it would ruin the surprise.

And I might make another character to wield the Twinblade. That look and moveset is awesome.
Thanacytus

I just constantly backed off and kept my shield up. The Drangleic Shield has 100% damage reduction, so I was able to full block their hits. Most of their attacks didn't hurt my stamina badly at all, and the ones that -did- (shield throw and the leap) were easily enough dodged, and if I -had- to block them I just rolled back and let my stamina recover.

Cloranthy Ring helps greatly.

I downed them thanks, also found out my biggest problem was the covenant i joined by mistake.

Btw be wary of joining the Covenent of Champions, makes the entire game much harder and also keeps you from being able to summon other players to aid you.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
The Greene

Why. Like.. Why, almost every thread you just go in and spew toxin. I mean, your kink is your kink I guess, but people are genuinely talking about the subject at hand. I'd appreciate it if you would either contribute, or leave.
I'd say it's a case of misplaced egotism.
People like what he doesn't like, and he needs to feel above them, so he treads on what they enjoy in an attempt to allow that difference to make him seem superior.

Perhaps a side effect of poor self esteem. Best not to take it seriously.

Ruthless Rogue

Divine_Malevolence
The Greene

I'd say it's a case of misplaced egotism.
People like what he doesn't like, and he needs to feel above them, so he treads on what they enjoy in an attempt to allow that difference to make him seem superior.

Perhaps a side effect of poor self esteem. Best not to take it seriously.
Im pretty sure hes talking about how hardly anyone is discussing anything in this thread. This thread is like reading a blog, a bunch of people spewing random things about their dark souls progress that doesn't cognate as a discussion.

here is an example:

Disscussion: Why is dragons dogma better then dark souls?
90% of this thread: "I killed x enemey in dark souls" "I died"

Dont get me wrong, discussion is fine. but this isnt that.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Liightning
I'm pretty sure hes talking about how hardly anyone is discussing anything in this thread. This thread is like reading a blog, a bunch of people spewing random things about their dark souls progress that doesn't cognate as a discussion.

here is an example:

Disscussion: Why is dragons dogma better then dark souls?
90% of this thread: "I killed x enemey in dark souls" "I died"

Dont get me wrong, discussion is fine. but this isn't that.
Not sure what one would expect from a recently released game wherein a good amount of the enjoyment is derived from finding your own answers.
Personally waiting 'till I see interesting portions of the later game to comment upon and intentionally being vague. And trying to keep it all in one thread instead of posting random snippets elsewhere.
W03fu1
Liightning

As much as I appreciate you stepping in on my behalf, there is no point. They're either mentally developed enough to grasp what it is I am saying or they are not.

Don't be such a stick in the mud. We get it, but there's not much else to talk about.

The game itself feels like an extension of the first Dark Souls. The graphics are a bit more smooth, instead of that gritty feel the first game had. And the voice acting and characters are just as strange and awkward as they were before. The atmosphere is both beautiful and foreboding, even moreso than the first.

I will say though that leveling and dieing is a bit different. The stats are especially strange. Endurance only goes up by 2 each point, and with 2-3 points in other stats it seem to raise a number of things. Some stats seem to be tied together closely. And I still can't make heads and tails of the agility stat. I can see a slight difference in the speed of certain actions, but I wish I could see it on paper though. I'm a bit worried of hitting soft caps and not meeting requirements with my stats, but I suppose that's the reason for the soul vessel; so you can reallocate your points if need be.

If I knew more about weapons I would talk about them more. The stat requirements for them are a lot more exaggerated. A simple spear takes more of an investment than it used to. And the boss soul weapons are a mystery to me. For now, I'll just keep at it, but there's still a lot more things to discover.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff