Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shaun The Bunny
The Eternal
100 pages hot damn.
This sticky goes slower than the next generation one does...

Or should I say, the next generation sticky goes faster?...

Either one is fine
Gamecube is better,it's the only one that can:hook up with gameboy,play GBA games on it,use the mic on MP6 and MP7(mario party),rumble feature(not sure about that one),has hook-ups to link 4 gamecubes,and has THE FIRST racing kirby game.
See,lots of resons why it's better,and yet it's still out of the competition for Xbox vs PS2(or 3)!Also,It has the only pokemon games avalible for a non-portable system!
i also want to get the ps3 or xbox360 cause i never really was a fan of nes gameboy any of that but i do like it i really want to try "Black" or "any Naruto Game"
cherry_blossom5
See,lots of resons why it's better,and yet it's still out of the competition for Xbox vs PS2(or 3)!Also,It has the only pokemon games avalible for a non-portable system!

cherry_blossom5
Gamecube is better,it's the only one that can:hook up with gameboy,play GBA games on it,use the mic on MP6 and MP7(mario party),rumble feature(not sure about that one),has hook-ups to link 4 gamecubes,and has THE FIRST racing kirby game.

I can bombard you with reasons why PS2 and XBOX are better.
arrow Both can play DVD movies and Music.
arrow They have all those Singing games and Dance Dance whatever.
arrow Online gameplay (PS2 network is good enough and XBOX live is better).
arrow XBOX supports four controllers.
arrow PS2 have a very large varity of games.
arrow XBOX have a inbuilt HD, no need for memory Cards.
arrow PS2 is BC with PS1 games.

Happy biggrin
I cant wait to play the Godfather game im so excited there my favorate films and to play the game i think it gonna be just what ive allways wanted biggrin
Ic3Cre4m

DVDs - Not as high quality as a dedicated DVD player, quite a few of which now cost less than a PS2/XBox.

Music - What's the point in that, other than the obvious custom soundtracks in certain XBox games? MP3 Players, hi-fis and media players on your PC seem much more useful for that kind of thing.

Ic3Cre4m

GCN has Dance Dance Revolution: The Mario Mix, and Donkey Konga 1 & 2. Granted, they're not the best on the market, but I'd wager they're still pretty good.

As for the singing games, well, you've got me there. xd

Ic3Cre4m

Nintendo ******** up royally by pretty much ignoring online on the GCN, but that doesn't mean the system is devoid of good multiplayer games, or other good games.

Ic3Cre4m

So does the GCN. And the DC. The PS2, on the other hand, still relies on the ancient and outdated multi-tap (created by Nintendo in the mid-1980s, incidentally). In fact, the N64 also had four controller ports. I fail to see how "XBOX supports four controllers" is a good reason at all. confused

Ic3Cre4m

Yes, yes it does. The PS2 was the central haven of creativity and quirky games by small dev cos in its generation, but it didn't see the start of all of them.

Super Monkey Ball, for example, began as a GCN-exclusive for its first two games. It went multi-format because SEGA was, and kinda still is, in dire need of lots and lots of money. Crashing out of the market really ******** with them. sad

Another example of an oddball game on the GCN which went multiformat would be Viewtiful Joe, and another would be the forthcoming Odama.

So the the PS2 isn't the only console with variety. razz

Ic3Cre4m

One might argue that this is because Microsoft is more interested in turning consoles into Meta-PCs; media centres with HDDs which store music, games, pics etc. Am I arguing this? Well, not really, but it's a view one might take.

Anyway, what's wrong with memory cards? With a HDD - if something goes wrong with it, all your stuff is gone. With memory cards - you can lose data on one card, but still have other cards working fine, with data backed up on them.

Ic3Cre4m

Alright, I'll give you that one too.
Patricia Nicole
Ic3Cre4m

DVDs - Not as high quality as a dedicated DVD player, quite a few of which now cost less than a PS2/XBox.

Music - What's the point in that, other than the obvious custom soundtracks in certain XBox games? MP3 Players, hi-fis and media players on your PC seem much more useful for that kind of thing.

Ic3Cre4m

GCN has Dance Dance Revolution: The Mario Mix, and Donkey Konga 1 & 2. Granted, they're not the best on the market, but I'd wager they're still pretty good.

Ic3Cre4m

Nintendo ******** up royally by pretty much ignoring online on the GCN, but that doesn't mean the system is devoid of good multiplayer games, or other good games.

Ic3Cre4m

So does the GCN. And the DC. The PS2, on the other hand, still relies on the ancient and outdated multi-tap (created by Nintendo in the mid-1980s, incidentally). In fact, the N64 also had four controller ports. I fail to see how "XBOX supports four controllers" is a good reason at all. confused

Ic3Cre4m

Yes, yes it does. The PS2 was the central haven of creativity and quirky games by small dev cos in its generation, but it didn't see the start of all of them.

Super Monkey Ball, for example, began as a GCN-exclusive for its first two games. It went multi-format because SEGA was, and kinda still is, in dire need of lots and lots of money. Crashing out of the market really ******** with them. sad

Another example of an oddball game on the GCN which went multiformat would be Viewtiful Joe, and another would be the forthcoming Odama.

Ic3Cre4m

One might argue that this is because Microsoft is more interested in turning consoles into Meta-PCs; media centres with HDDs which store music, games, pics etc. Am I arguing this? Well, not really, but it's a view one might take.

Anyway, what's wrong with memory cards? With a HDD - if something goes wrong with it, all your stuff is gone. With memory cards - you can lose data on one card, but still have other cards working fine, with data backed up on them.

Ic3Cre4m

You got to admit that XBOX has a better quality than most DVD players.
Ikari Yui
Patricia Nicole
eek

And all that in less than a year after its EU release.

The DS goes one year from being announced to being released.
Just under one year later, we now know 403 games have been released, have been announced, or have started development, and 30+ of the already released or soon-to-be released games are already AAA classics.

This, surely, is unprecedented, or at least hasn't happened since the early 1980s?

Oh, don't say that...in the early 80's, tons of games came out because they were of incredibly low quality and easy to produce.
I mean, some of the games in that list of 403 are games like Elf Bowling 1+2... gonk

You do know Nintendo stopped that by introducing quality control, right? The death of older systems before the NES was largely due to the fact that anybody could make a game for it. Not so for the NES. It's a tradition that's held for all computer games now.
Ic3Cre4m
Patricia Nicole
Ic3Cre4m

Ic3Cre4m

Ic3Cre4m

Ic3Cre4m

Ic3Cre4m

Ic3Cre4m

Ic3Cre4m

You got to admit that XBOX has a better quality than most DVD players.
hmmmmmm,dunno If I will.
Ikari Yui
Funky Monkey Bill
Ikari Yui
Patricia Nicole
eek

Just under one year later, we now know 403 games have been released, have been announced, or have started development, and 30+ of the already released or soon-to-be released games are already AAA classics.

This, surely, is unprecedented, or at least hasn't happened since the early 1980s?

Oh, don't say that...in the early 80's, tons of games came out because they were of incredibly low quality and easy to produce.
I mean, some of the games in that list of 403 are games like Elf Bowling 1+2... gonk

When it came out I really didn't think it'd do as good as it is! And when they said they were coming out with Mario Kart DS (online), Animal Crossing (online), and Metroid Prime Hunters (online), I was really happy. Plus games like Nintendogs, Advanced Wars, and Castlevania were great.

Indeed. When I first bought it, I played Feel the Magic, GBA games, and the MPH demo over and over...and then Advance Wars came out. And Kirby's Canvas Curse... and Castlevania...and Trauma Center...then Phoenix Wright...

After that, it's superiority was firmly implanted in my mind.

The Nintendo DS has the possibility to be the best handheld console in video game history.

Yeah I know, but it has a long ways to go to catch up with all the great games on the GBA biggrin .
Funky Monkey Bill
Ikari Yui
Funky Monkey Bill
Ikari Yui
Patricia Nicole
eek

When it came out I really didn't think it'd do as good as it is! And when they said they were coming out with Mario Kart DS (online), Animal Crossing (online), and Metroid Prime Hunters (online), I was really happy. Plus games like Nintendogs, Advanced Wars, and Castlevania were great.

Indeed. When I first bought it, I played Feel the Magic, GBA games, and the MPH demo over and over...and then Advance Wars came out. And Kirby's Canvas Curse... and Castlevania...and Trauma Center...then Phoenix Wright...

After that, it's superiority was firmly implanted in my mind.

The Nintendo DS has the possibility to be the best handheld console in video game history.

Yeah I know, but it has a long ways to go to catch up with all the great games on the GBA biggrin .

Oh, I don't know. We're only around one year in and already there are dozens of good games out for the system, and there's more on the way. Just think where we'll be in say, two years time! I personally think that, compared to one year into the GBAs reign, the DS is far superior in terms of the sheer numbers of quality games available (not including back catalogues from previous systems like the GBA had access to). At the end of the DSs lifespan things may be different, but right now that's how it looks to me.
Bag of Monster
A Pimp Named DaDA
did you guys know that there might be a new nintendo game system coming out?

O RLY?
I looked it up, it's called the Nintendo "Revolution" and you can play from NES,SNES,And Nintendo 64 games via download from your computer.
A Pimp Named DaDA
Bag of Monster
A Pimp Named DaDA

O RLY?
I looked it up, it's called the Nintendo "Revolution" and you can play from NES,SNES,And Nintendo 64 games via download from your computer.

I want you to fall off a cliff.
CeludenGBC
A Pimp Named DaDA
Bag of Monster
A Pimp Named DaDA

O RLY?

I want you to fall off a cliff.

You made me roffle my pants, Celuden.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas