Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vermunium
Bad news though. My Neo Geo pocket color broke. unfixable. The screen suffered impact damage and cracked. I have to buy a new one now.

All I can say is ebay or Lik sang
http://www.lik-sang.com/default.php?
wait... what just happened here?
Darkmoleman
Vermunium
Bad news though. My Neo Geo pocket color broke. unfixable. The screen suffered impact damage and cracked. I have to buy a new one now.

]http://www.lik-sang.com/default.php?

Nah, local privately owned used game store "Play N' Trade" sells New Neo Geo Geo Pocket colors with 6 games for 70$ or used without games for 40$ I'm happy since I know the guy that owns the place.
spartancommander
wait... what just happened here?

Beramode mad e anew sticky.

We can't get off topic here, friend.
I still want to know, why was the Neo Geo so poorly marketed on the western game market? It had good games, yet other companies pulled ahead of it.

Dapper Lunatic

Vermunium
I still want to know, why was the Neo Geo so poorly marketed on the western game market? It had good games, yet other companies pulled ahead of it.
Good games don't make the sales. Neo Geo wasn't popular enough to succeed here.
Veras Gunn
Vermunium

That's it though, why didn't they try? I hardly ever saw an ad for it, where I saw 20 nintendo/sega ads in its place.
Vermunium
Darkmoleman
Vermunium

]http://www.lik-sang.com/default.php?

Nah, local privately owned used game store "Play N' Trade" sells New Neo Geo Geo Pocket colors with 6 games for 70$ or used without games for 40$ I'm happy since I know the guy that owns the place.

ebay and liksang are the only ways I can get it. sad

Dapper Lunatic

Vermunium
Veras Gunn
Vermunium

That's it though, why didn't they try? I hardly ever saw an ad for it, where I saw 20 nintendo/sega ads in its place.
The american branch probably didn't have the money to advertise like nintendo and sega. They made a majority of their money with their arcade systems, and they also made a lot of poor mistakes with their other consoles. So ultimately the company didn't make a lot of money in america or in japan.

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
The games for the NEOGEO AES are hundreds of dollars... they're still in production today. The system is great for true arcade enthusiasts, not so good for competing against reasonably-priced consoles. Same for the NEOGEO CD, probably.

Oh, and SNK/NEOGEO went belly up for a few years there. Went bankrupt and bought itself back.
Beramode
The games for the NEOGEO AES are hundreds of dollars... they're still in production today. The system is great for true arcade enthusiasts, not so good for competing against reasonably-priced consoles. Same for the NEOGEO CD, probably.

Oh, and SNK/NEOGEO went belly up for a few years there. Went bankrupt and bought itself back.

I think I still have an article form EGM talking about why SNK wnt belly up. Years ago, though. Soon after they cameback as SNK Playmore. Was really suprised 3nodding
Beramode

Yep I remember all that the NEOGEO AES was about $700 I want one though. whee

Dapper Lunatic

The Eternia
Beramode

I think I still have an article form EGM talking about why SNK wnt belly up. Years ago, though. Soon after they cameback as SNK Playmore. Was really suprised 3nodding
Well a few of the consoles they made weren't too fantastic, or properly priced. The Neo Geo 64, AES, and the CD. When you can't sell consoles or handhelds due to the bad pricing, and overall lack of quality(in the case of the CD), or just due to not selling period you have trouble just staying a float.
Veras Gunn
The Eternia
Beramode

Well a few of the consoles they made weren't too fantastic, or properly priced. The Neo Geo 64, AES, and the CD. When you can't sell consoles or handhelds due to the bad pricing, and overall lack of quality(in the case of the CD), or just due to not selling period you have trouble just staying a float.

Reminds me of the Jaguar

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces