Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
For me?
It's hard to choose.
One moment did stick out to me, though...

User Image

Look at the Mega Man on the far right.
They didn't forget about Trigger.
They rescued him from the moon, in a way.
Brought a tear to my eye, that did.

What about the rest of you?
Which moment stuck out to you?

Girl

Girl

Smash Soviet Titties
Dead Channel
img

Fusion Samus is best zero suit
talk2hand

Tipsy Sex Symbol

smashbrolink
For me?
It's hard to choose.
One moment did stick out to me, though...

User Image

Look at the Mega Man on the far right.
They didn't forget about Trigger.
They rescued him from the moon, in a way.
Brought a tear to my eye, that did.

What about the rest of you?
Which moment stuck out to you?

While that was also one of my favorite moments from the Direct, Megaman Volnutt was playable in Tatsunoko vs Capcom. You may have already known that, of course, but a lot of people seem to have never even heard of the game, much less have played it, and claim he hasn't appeared in a game, playable or not, since the PSX days.

Anyway, for me, my favorite moment was probably learning that each stage now has a Final Destination version. I enjoy the flat or non-obstacle stages. I don't like simply moving through a stage, only to have the very stage attack me, in a fighting game.

Oddly enough, while I enjoy the Final Destination type stages, I also enjoy playing with items on, so I probably won't be playing in the For Glory mode very often. Playing with items off is fine and I'll gladly play whenever someone wants them off, but I think playing with items on is pretty fun.
Either megaman's final smash or Greninja. I can't choose between the two XD

Gekko

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This one, by far. I'm glad they're finally acknowledging their "non-casual" crowd by implementing this mode. All they have to do now is make it a 4-stock match instead of timed and everything will be awesome. biggrin

Lightbringer

Samus' jet boots.

Angelic Healer

I feel the 3DS is holding back the Wii U version of Smash. Olimar can only have 3 pikmin with no random rotations because multiple character designs needed, transforming characters/switching isn't possible because 3DS poor hardware limits, so no Pokemon Trainer, making Shiek/Zelda, Samus/ZSS standalone characters. But well best Pokemon (Charizard) made it in with a possible bigger movepool. sweatdrop

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
Best moment for me was the Greninja reveal. emotion_kirakira

Magical Businessman

Greninja reveal
Mega Lucario & Charizard
Release windows (I find it kinda odd that the 3DS version is coming out first.)
Mega Man's FS
Smash Run (I ******** loved the s**t out of City Trial in Kirby Air Ride, so I'm excited for this.)
All stages having a "Final Destination" variant

Hype levels have been increased by 80%.
    I liked the Little Mac gameplay. I'm curious as to how the online performance will be, though.
Parexus
I feel the 3DS is holding back the Wii U version of Smash. Olimar can only have 3 pikmin with no random rotations because multiple character designs needed, transforming characters/switching isn't possible because 3DS poor hardware limits, so no Pokemon Trainer, making Shiek/Zelda, Samus/ZSS standalone characters. But well best Pokemon (Charizard) made it in with a possible bigger movepool. sweatdrop

None of those changes had anything to do with the 3DS. They addressed several of them in the Direct that was on yesterday. Olimar only has three Pikmin now because they felt it would improve his overall gameplay by making less screen clutter, allowing you to see the action more clearly. It will also allow you to set up different attacks and plan ahead of time since you now know which Pikmin you'll pluck next.

They got rid of transforming characters so players new to the series wouldn't have to focus on two movesets for a single character. (and, most likely, to flesh out the roster by adding those transformations as full characters) It had absolutely nothing to do with the 3DS' capabilities, since the 3DS could have handled any of those issues if they wanted it to. In fact, they've stated in the past that the 3DS was capable of running Brawl perfectly compared to the Wii version if it were to be set to run on 3DS hardware.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff