Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Lover

12,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
So I bought the xbox one simply to buy Assassin's creed Unity because I'm a bit of a fan boy and had bought every single Assassin's Creed game and considering Ubisoft was a french company I figured they would do a great job. Well they did a great job on the design of France during this time but essentially that is all that is here. Overall your playing as a random abstergo employee who is contacted by Shawn and Rachel though they have different names here and overall you do not see them very often which is a huge disappointment for me though I know I'm in the minority for liking the modern day segments as I like interacting with all the characters. Assassin's Creed 3 was horrible but it was worth it to hear Shawn's commentary of the revolution. Its one of the things I'm most disappointed about AC4 as I wanted to talk to Juno or the sage very badly. The sad thing is this could have been an alright follow up to black flag if Ubisoft had waited another year or two to think up some ideas for the story and better side missions. Arno has to deal with Elise a templar who he is in love with great idea. An Assassin's creed council and a revolution going on along with Napoleon great as well. However, none of these ideas really go anywhere as I feel like Ubisoft was like that kid in high school who didn't do his homework and only an hour to do it so naturally it all looks sloppy with tons of mistakes. The leveling up system was an ok idea except it locked things that I feel Arno should have automatically like double assassinations which are almost necessary if you want to pull anything. It takes a while to earn any money in this game as you can only get it by buying social cafe and completing theater missions which are usually very easy. They did a detective mode where you solve crimes and have paris story missions both of which have been so bland i haven't bothered to complete them. I did like how Ubisoft found a way to allow you to play in Nazi occupied France during WWII as I felt they felt they had to work a way to find a way for us to climb the Eiffel tower. The combat is a little more difficult in this one as enemies have different levels so if you travel to a district with a sword that is too low a level you will get your butt handed to you. You can use a sword, axe, and spear and even rifles. Overall the ending is an utter disappointment and made me literally feel I wasted my time. The Assassin's creed council nor Arno and Elise aren't very fleshed out and even the Villains are completely forgettable and I couldn't even describe them to you they were that bland. The biggest flaw is that all the french people have British accents which is a bit inexcusable for Ubisoft as they are a french company I feel like finding voice actors who were french and could speak fluent english would be easy. The multiplayer is pretty bland and I would much have preferred the assassin's creed matchmaking that was in previous games.

Assassin's creed initiates as I'm writing this is back up and it still does record all your actions like how many smoke bombs you threw extra to determine what kind of Assassin you are which is nice. However, they still have not included daily drills or missions for badges like they had during AC4 which is too bad as it was quite fun and they have not included the lost memories where you try to recover lost memories through the the timeline by deducing clues which were great fun. They have also not fixed it so you get credit for some old things you bought while the beta was still up. (for example I bought the Assassin's creed Vial from AC4) Yet Initiates has been gone for months and all they have done is made it so you can synch the games. The app is also pretty dumb as its only job to do is to elongate the game by making it harder to unlock some of the chests. So unless your like me with OCD about this sort of thing you shouldn't use it as it takes up a huge amount of space (1 gig last I checked). Overall if Ubisoft continues to release games year after year like this and at this quality I don't think I will buy AC Victory even though I'm a fanboy of this franchise and want it to succeed.

Mega Man-Lover

PLANOT URF
wtf is this a diary?

Post of the year.

Desirable Dark Elf

I'm playing both AC4 and AC Unity at the same time. I go back and forth between them. I thought I'd hate AC4 with all the sea battles. And quite frankly they're not that much fun but the game itself is. As for AC Unity, I like the French background more than I thought I would but that's about it. I'm not much for co-oping and it seems that's the way Ubisoft is going with the AC franchise. You couldn't get a plat in AC Brotherhood without playing multiplayer online. I'm in the minority there as I can't stand playing with others. I prefer playing solo especially as an assassin.

I'm on the opposite side with you when it comes to the whole Abstergo storyline. I can't stand them in any of the Assassin's Creeds. I don't need them and I think they take away from the story. I think if each game stayed in the past the stories would be beyond amazing. But as fast as they are cranking out the ACs, I think I may be done with them. We'll see.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff