Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
I've been trying to for the last two days. the game is SO glitchy, I am finally unable to progress in the game.

first, I kept dying in the Realm of Hades because the game either wouldn't let me double jump or use the Wings of Icarus. so here I am, practically at the beginning of the game and I already have about 40 deaths under my belt. eventually I was able to move on. then the game decided it wasn't going to let me save at one of the save points...twice (it's a place you have to double back to). then came the huge screw up. I had to use a walkthrough to get somewhere, and I happened to see that at one point, I was supposed to fight a centaur. he never showed up. I tried running up a ramp (where I'm supposed to go AFTER I fight the centaur) and nothing happened. suicide! when the game reloaded, the centaur showed up. I did that fight, had the ramp explode, got to the ballista, fought the chimera, shot down Helios, and went back to where the huge gap between two buildings is. there are supposed to be harpies there. there aren't. suicide! no harpies again. suicide! I get mad, quit the game...and my PS3 freezes, eventually makes 3 beeps, then goes to a black screen. it does this twice. the third time I start from my last save, and everything seems to be fine (except every time, there were sound glitches). I go to look for the harpies...and I suicide 3 more times. I am now stuck about a quarter of the way into the game.

that was fun while it lasted. cat_scream cat_scream cat_scream cat_scream cat_scream

anyone else have any kind of trouble like this with this game?

Kitten

Awe Nox xD <3

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
watch on the modern take of rare genre, the greek tragedy.

Enjoy the experience of 1 and then watch as the genre be butchered in 2 and 3 as the devs realise money is better than art.

the gameplay is pretty fun. Im not too much of a fan though.
There might be something wrong with the disc or your PS3

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
Archangel Apocalypse Z

I can't be sure that it's really the PS3. nothing has happened when I play other games (I did try others after this happened). others have said that double jumps and the Wings of Icarus not opening have happened to them as well. but the rest as far as not loading parts of the game, that's new. the game was used when I bought it, but I do have two other used games that work just fine. however, I think I saw a scratch on the disc. I know, it's supposedly hard to scratch Blu-Ray discs, but it's not impossible. cat_confused I really don't want to have a buy a new copy (an actual new copy would be hard to find by now, but maybe a disc in better shape). I'm just sad that I can't properly finish the series (still gotta find Ascension).

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
Knitesky
Awe Nox xD <3

one of my favorite series and it's being ruined by glitches. :'(

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
I never had any problems with the game glitching up on me like that. Not sure what would cause it, but I beat the game just fine.

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
XBalmung
I never had any problems with the game glitching up on me like that. Not sure what would cause it, but I beat the game just fine.

not even with the double jump or Wings of Icarus? if so, you are SO lucky. that alone was enough to make me quit playing for a while.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Lavinia Nox
XBalmung

not even with the double jump or Wings of Icarus? if so, you are SO lucky. that alone was enough to make me quit playing for a while.

Nope. Game played great for me. This is the first time I've heard about this kind of problem.

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
XBalmung
Lavinia Nox
XBalmung

Nope. Game played great for me. This is the first time I've heard about this kind of problem.

geez...but it does make me think that I have a damaged copy. cat_confused

Kitten

Lavinia Nox
Knitesky
Awe Nox xD <3

Awhh i will beat up all the nasty glitches for you ; o; heart
Lavinia Nox
Archangel Apocalypse Z

I can't be sure that it's really the PS3. nothing has happened when I play other games (I did try others after this happened). others have said that double jumps and the Wings of Icarus not opening have happened to them as well. but the rest as far as not loading parts of the game, that's new. the game was used when I bought it, but I do have two other used games that work just fine. however, I think I saw a scratch on the disc. I know, it's supposedly hard to scratch Blu-Ray discs, but it's not impossible. cat_confused I really don't want to have a buy a new copy (an actual new copy would be hard to find by now, but maybe a disc in better shape). I'm just sad that I can't properly finish the series (still gotta find Ascension).

Then it must be the disc cause you start off the game with the double jump ability and the wings of icarus, the double jump has been in all of the game while the wings are one of the items that you get to keep from God of War 2.

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
Knitesky
Lavinia Nox
Knitesky
Awe Nox xD <3

Awhh i will beat up all the nasty glitches for you ; o; heart

yay!!! emotion_hug

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
Archangel Apocalypse Z
Lavinia Nox
Archangel Apocalypse Z

Then it must be the disc cause you start off the game with the double jump ability and the wings of icarus, the double jump has been in all of the game while the wings are one of the items that you get to keep from God of War 2.

yeah, I know because they both sometimes work. sometimes I can do a double jump, sometimes I jump once and fall out of the air like a rock. sometimes the wings open, sometimes they don't...and again, I fall out of the air like a rock. I never had trouble with either in 2 (that's a lie because sometimes those wings were hard to keep straight, just like in 3). I'm just thinking that something in that area of the disc is messed up since it's the only place (so far) that's glitched so badly. yes, it was weird that a save point didn't want to save a couple of times (it did eventually), but so many missing monsters? sound glitches? gah! I want to finish the game! cat_sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff