Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
I got the PSTV lately and so far I like it alot. Waiting for DanganRonpa and Persona 4 Golden to arrive in the mail at the time of this post, but until then I was trying out Vita demos and a couple of PSP games. I really like it, since I prefer niche Japanese games. Plus its kind of adorable to hold and look at. Though I understand that it probably won't be mainstream anytime soon, since people want more powerful hardware and play something other than whatever Vita offered. So did anyone else get a PlayStation TV? If you did, what are your impressions of it and which games did you play?
No, but it does look interesting.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

I originally bought one just because it would let me play P4G on my TV, but I've so far mainly used it for Freedom Wars. I picked up Conception II and Mind Zero for it as well, but I haven't had a chance to really play them yet.

I'd like to find a way to strip the HDCP encoding from the HDMI so I could stream from it.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Mir Teiwaz
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

I originally bought one just because it would let me play P4G on my TV, but I've so far mainly used it for Freedom Wars. I picked up Conception II and Mind Zero for it as well, but I haven't had a chance to really play them yet.

I'd like to find a way to strip the HDCP encoding from the HDMI so I could stream from it.

I was playing Conception II's demo (not done with it though, it's practically the first chapter). The interface and not-so-engaging battles turned me off, but I'm having fun mainly because I'm laughing my a** off at how sex and reproduction can be turned into a science fantasy concept. Whenever I go to the Church, I keep thinking "this is where the magic happens" and where they make their babies. Doesn't help that the dialogue makes it sound like they actually porked each other. I just think that literal innuendos are hilarious.

Would be neat to stream/record gameplay, especially if I want to share my favorite obscure games to friends who don't know it.

How's Freedom Wars, anyway? It's been on my radar for quite some time.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Nope. I'm just fine with playing my PS Vita!

My only complaint against Conception II would be the tedious grinding. The way in which they create the "Star Children" is more of a magical explanation than it is one of having anything to do with biology. They get you with the risque poses that that the heroines happen to make and turn it around on you as situational irony. Not to mention all those Anime/TV tropes in the game. There's also some "nuances" in the story that contradict each other but it's nothing "PLOT HOLES 101!" worthy.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Reno Takamiya
Nope. I'm just fine with my PS Vita!

My only complaint against Conception II would be the tedious grinding. The way in which they create the "Star Children" is more of a magical explanation than it is one of having anything to do with biology. They get you with the risque poses that that the heroines happen to make and turn it around on you as situational irony. Not to mention all those Anime/TV tropes in the game. There's also some "nuances" in the story that contradict each other but it's nothing "PLOT HOLES 101!" worthy.

A decent plot is probably one of the last reasons I'd get further invested in Conception II. And yeah, the grinding does get tedious. I could tolerate grinding if the gameplay is good, but the grinding I faced is from surfing through menus to raise affection levels and get enough bond points to make enough babies to form new teams.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Silver Highlights
A decent plot is probably one of the last reasons I'd get further invested in Conception II. And yeah, the grinding does get tedious. I could tolerate grinding if the gameplay is good, but the grinding I faced is from surfing through menus to raise affection levels and get enough bond points to make enough babies to form new teams.

Well, I was really only talking about the actual leveling of your teams in the labyrinths. Once you get up to level 50-60+ it becomes beyond tedious. I don't really mind the plot for what Conception II has. Conception II is more of a fanservice/anime game with a harem of girls (I.E getting to know them) than anything else. In other words, it's a rather silly game that's not to be taken seriously. I actually don't mind the gameplay all that much. I just wish they didn't have parts in the game that contradicted what they're saying and what I've actually seen happening in the games story. But I won't spoil anything.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Reno Takamiya
Silver Highlights

Well, I was really only talking about the actual leveling of your teams in the labyrinths. Once you get up to level 50-60+ it becomes beyond tedious. I don't really mind the plot for what Conception II has. Conception II is more of a fanservice/anime game with a harem of girls (I.E getting to know them) than anything else. In other words, it's a rather silly game that's not to be taken seriously. I just wish they didn't have parts in the game that contradicted what they're saying and what I've actually seen happening in the games story. But I won't spoil anything.

Grinding new characters to dozens of levels is kind of a given for me, but when it becomes more of a necessity than it has to be, that's where I draw the line. I remember doing it in Disgaea games, but I didn't need to grind too many characters to get through the story.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Silver Highlights
Grinding new characters to dozens of levels is kind of a given for me, but when it becomes more of a necessity than it has to be, that's where I draw the line. I remember doing it in Disgaea games, but I didn't need to grind too many characters to get through the story.

Spike Chunsoft (developer) and Atlus (publisher) are quite the team when they work together on games. Even with the flaws Conception II has accounted for. I don't mind grinding either but Conception II's grinding is another story. It helps that Conception II has enemies like the Golden Hands in Persona 4 called, Sagitta. That can give you 15,000 experience on occasion and if you're chaining in battles you get even more experience and bond points, but on any other regular monster when you're 50-60+ in levels? It becomes more of a chore than it does seem like you're progressing. But hey, at least there isn't a "Game Over" screen like there was in Persona.

Which also means you need to be close, higher or at least the same level as the Dusk Spawners in each labyrinth and know their weaknesses. That's when defeating a Labyrinths Dusk Spawner over and over again is good for leveling when the Sagitta's run out in the labyrinth. And 8 whole endings that I doubt I'll play through the game over and over again just to see them all thanks to that tedious grinding. Good thing there happens to be sites like YouTube with Let's Player's! Even if I wish I didn't have to resort to using it for this particular game. Here's hoping that Conception III addresses the tedious leveling/grind if the sequel ever gets green lit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff