Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
I'm wondering if there's any good games on Xbox 360 like Dynasty Warriors or any good Dynasty Warrior games. I've played Ninety Nine Nights which reminds me of it and I liked the aspect of it but not really the characters.
Is Ninety Nine Nights 2 better?
What are your thoughts on a good DN game?

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
From what I've heard, Ninety-Nine Nights 2 is worse.

As far as Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games for the 360 go, I doubt you'll find anything better than Warriors Orochi 3. It's the third game in the Warriors Orochi series, which is basically a crossover between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. There is an excuse for a story that progresses from the first through the third games, but you really don't have to have played the first two to get it. If you really want to know what happened in the first two games, anyway, they include plot summaries of them in their in-game Encyclopedia.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Sadist Sedated

As far as Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games for the 360 go, I doubt you'll find anything better than Warriors Orochi 3. It's the third game in the Warriors Orochi series, which is basically a crossover between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. There is an excuse for a story that progresses from the first through the third games, but you really don't have to have played the first two to get it. If you really want to know what happened in the first two games, anyway, they include plot summaries of them in their in-game Encyclopedia.

What is the game play like in Warriors Orochi 3?

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Reno Takamiya
Sadist Sedated

What is the game play like in Warriors Orochi 3?

Pretty much the same as in any Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors game. Let's see...

Well, the first big difference is that, since the cast is so huge (consisting of every character to ever appear in Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, and then some), you choose a team of 3 rather than just choosing one character to play as. If one character is getting to low health, you can switch out for another teammate. Also, there are some team attack combos and special moves and such.

Characters have bonds with each other that makes them work better together, also. You can raise character's bonds by playing with them on the same team, and doing some other special stuff for them during and in between missions.

The game uses the Dynasty Warriors 7 (or whatever version they last appeared in) for Dynasty Warriors characters, and Samurai Warriors 3 for Samurai Warriors characters. This, unfortunately, does mean that several Dynasty Warriors characters use the same weapon as each other. But Dynasty Warriors characters' movesets were changed up, so they're not so much clones of each other anymore, even if they do use the same weapon or weapon type.

I would say there's no shortage of stages and things to do, especially if you care to max out characters and their weapons and get all the items, etc. There's some DLC stages, also (mostly from older Dynasty and Samurai Warriors games), and there might be some DLC costumes and such as well...

Oh, yeah, there's also some "Edit Map" mode, where you can "make your own stage," by taking one of the stages already in the game and switching out the officers that appear there and some things like that. I've never used it, though, and from what I've heard the stuff you can do with it is really limited, so it's pretty much worthless. But eh.

That's all I can think of to say about it that makes it different from any other Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors game.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff