Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
(Placing this here since this forum's more active)

I'm literally about ready to cry, I've tried EVERYTHING my little mind can think of.

Here's the deal: I'm trying to connect to our guest (unsecured) network. Sounds easy, right?

WRONG.

The problem is, we have 2 computers in our house, 1 upstairs, 1 in the basement. In order for the basement computer to work, we have a wireless router-thingy on top of our normal modem, so that it can get internet. Because of that, both computers share the same IP address, which only ******** up EVERYTHING for my 3DS XL.

I searched for the access point and tried to connect, until it told me that I basically couldn't use the IP because the other computer shared it. So I tried some things online, including changing my IP around, along with my DNS and so forth. I tried connecting again, and I got a lovely little error message that told me to move closer to the access point. I did. Same error again. So I tried the other things on it, such as making a proxy.

Then, the moment of truth came. It started to connect... And the 3 bars went to blue! But then the error message popped up again and my hopes were brutally murdered.

Please somebody help. I'll clear all my settings if I have to, I just wanna connect to the ******** internet so I can spam wondertrade on pokemon y for pokemiles. Srsly, I don't ask for much! I'll even try my stupid secure connection if I have to, just PLEASE help me!!! cat_crying

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Knowing the error codes would be a good start. confused
You should try to connect three internet.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Are you trying to connect as "guest" or as "home" in your 3DS? Trying to connect as guest also never works for me for some reason... I just set it to "home" when I'm connecting somewhere else instead... Never had problems that way... You can always just remove the connection later when you don't need it anymore anyway...
I don't think it matters how many devices are using the router/wifi... I have a router here with 4 ports (used by 3 PC's and my PS3 atm) and a (secured) wireless function... My 3DS, PSP, and Wii are currently using the wireless and some regular guest who bring their phone/tablet over... I have had no issues whatsoever... cat_sweatdrop

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Why would two computers share one IP? That's asking for trouble and probably why your 3DS XL refuses to connect. Here's a bunch of questions I'd like to have answered.

1. Is DHCP server enabled in your router?
2. Is DHCP server enabled in your modem?
If the answer to both of the above questions is yes, I suggest you have DHCP disabled in one of the two but that depends on how the router is set up.
3. Does the modem have router functionality as well? If yes, go to question 4. If no, go to question 5.
4. Is the router in your modem enabled or disabled?
5. How is the router set up? As a regular router or as an accesspoint?

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
If your 3DS refuses to do something then you should sit it down and use discipline. I find whacking it a few times often does the trick.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff