Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's the difference? And which one gives the better feel when using it?

Distinct Bear

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
Size honestly. (Not trying to sound like a smart a**).

As for better feel, that all depends on the hand size. I love my XL because I have giant bear hands.

Chainys's Queen

Magical Girl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2DS
              You will not be using the 3D all that much and if you do you'll noticed it's not much of a difference in most games

But I dream a dream so pretty
That I don't feel so depressed
'Cause it soothes my inner kitty
And it helps me get some rest

Blessed Poster

Projectile Pastels
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2DS
              You will not be using the 3D all that much and if you do you'll noticed it's not much of a difference in most games

But I dream a dream so pretty
That I don't feel so depressed
'Cause it soothes my inner kitty
And it helps me get some rest

I have to disagree just because the design of the 2DS is ******** terrible.

9,425 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
3DS XL, Difference: Better battery life, bigger screen, the stylus slot is where it was on the DS.

Biggest con: 3DS games are made for a 400x240 screen so the games tend to look pixelated and the anti-alias could get worse.

My Opinion: If you don't mind the the size of the regular 3DS at all, then you can save yourself the extra $$, but keep in mind there are some games that work better on a bigger screen. For example, I found that playing the Conception II demo would look better on a 3DS XL because the game made the screen look small. When comparing both 3DS, you may be tempted to get the 3DS XL so it's up to your screen size preference too.
Thanks for all the ideas guys! Really appreciate it!

Interesting Businessman

Get a regular one for trips and the XL for home.
I have small hands so the XL is a bit bulky on me, plus I don't like the material it's made out of.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
m00tz

I have to disagree just because the design of the 2DS is ******** terrible.

Well, that's pretty much because Nintendo wants to appeal to the younger audience. And by that they mean kids. Knowing kids, it's pretty easy to snap in half a regular 3DS. That's pretty much why it's in slate form. Though it doesn't change the fact anyone can by it if their strapped for cash and really want a system. Then you've also have how while it happens rarely, you still have the ability of pinching skin when a regular DS/3DS closes if you're not careful. This can also happen to kids a bit easily and knowing some Parents I wouldn't be surprised if it leads to lawsuits.

My Brother actually happened to purchase one. And it actually feels pretty sturdy and doesn't feel too bad. However, if you're not a person who easily breaks things of course you'd go for the system that closes and has more portability. That doesn't mean the 2DS isn't portable, I see my Brother put it in his pants pocket all the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff