Welcome to Gaia! ::

All of the women in GoT/Song of Ice & Fire go through a lot of trials and tribulations and deal with them in their own way. I was just curious to see who everyone thought showed the most strength in the face of adversary and why you consider them to be the strongest (be it physical/emotional/mental/etc.) female on the show.

5,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
Sansa.

People think shes weak, and stupid and hasnt shown much progress but she has. People have this misconception of what strong women are (super-assertive, or physically strong). Tyrion made a comment to her "You may survive us all" and I completely agree with him, im almost certain that when the dust clears, she'll be one of the last ones standing.

She's a player in the Game of Thrones, so good that no one knows she's playing (even she doesnt know), they assume that she's a pawn so they dont pay much attention to her and she tells them what they want to hear, making them believe that she's just another stupid little girl. I think she's the strongest because she has gone through alot and people underestimate her.

Courtesy is truly her armor.

Ferocious Browser

I couldn't pick lol. They have all been through so much individually.

I think Cersei, Sansa, Catelyn and Lysa were all dealing as best as they could, even though I hate them all lol. They didn't have easy lives (taking into account that they were high born and wealthy...), especially Lysa, so I can't overly fault them for their poor-world-war-causing-decisions. They are still annoying characters though.

I like Brienne, Arya, Dany, Gilly though. Arya and Dany for being hunted and alone and yet still caring about others. Brienne for surviving intense bullying and being true to herself. Gilly for well.. I would not be a happy camper with the life she lived, and yet she ended up doing what Jon asked of her even if it hurt her.

I have no real comments on characters like Margaery or Melisandre because we don't really know about their lives in the past at all.

No comment about Asha, I like her character for sure, but I don't know that she had a particularly hard life, I think she enjoyed her life rather well until the series gets underway. Same for the Sand Snakes.

Fluffy Bunny

24,275 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
Arya because she surviving by her wits alone.

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Wow, that's a tough question. . . I have to go with Arya. Her training later is pretty tough and I'm sure it'll only get tougher.

Desirable Sex Symbol

Brienne Why me, of course.

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
Valar Morghulis

All men must die.

-----------------------------------

It's pretty obvious that Brienne or Daenerys should be considered as the strongest one, but when I saw this topic I just thought of Sansa. Who said that you needed to wield a sword or to have three dragons to be strong? Sansa has survived some of the things that would make most men in Westeros cower. She knows how to play the game and in a few year's time, I'm certain that she'll come out as one of the only survivors of this game. Most often view her as stupid and weak which I have to say that they're right, insofar as the first season/book was concerned. She was stupid and weak, now she is as strong as a knight.

Physically, it's either Arya or Brienne who's the strongest one. On any other account, it would have to be Sansa.
I am of House Greyjoy.
We Do Not Sow.
ქἆῆᾇ ἿЛїՖ𐑿
Windalin
Sansa.

People think shes weak, and stupid and hasnt shown much progress but she has. People have this misconception of what strong women are (super-assertive, or physically strong). Tyrion made a comment to her "You may survive us all" and I completely agree with him, im almost certain that when the dust clears, she'll be one of the last ones standing.

She's a player in the Game of Thrones, so good that no one knows she's playing (even she doesnt know), they assume that she's a pawn so they dont pay much attention to her and she tells them what they want to hear, making them believe that she's just another stupid little girl. I think she's the strongest because she has gone through alot and people underestimate her.

Sansa seriously grew on me, but she isn't the strongest..

5,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
Protego Maxima
Valar Morghulis

All men must die.

It's pretty obvious that Brienne or Daenerys should be considered as the strongest one, but when I saw this topic I just thought of Sansa. Who said that you needed to wield a sword or to have three dragons to be strong? Sansa has survived some of the things that would make most men in Westeros cower. She knows how to play the game and in a few year's time, I'm certain that she'll come out as one of the only survivors of this game. Most often view her as stupid and weak which I have to say that they're right, insofar as the first season/book was concerned. She was stupid and weak, now she is as strong as a knight.

Physically, it's either Arya or Brienne who's the strongest one. On any other account, it would have to be Sansa.
I am of House Greyjoy.
We Do Not Sow.
ქἆῆᾇ ἿЛїՖ𐑿

THIS, BIG TIME.

Liberal Codger

All of them are strong in their own ways (except maybe Lysa, she's just crazy), however, the ones that distinguish themselves in the strong category have got to be Daenerys, Sansa, and Arya.

I mean, all the crazy s**t they've put up with...I mean, Arya's only what, 10? And she's already killing people, and she shouldn't be doing that anyway because she's a girl.

And Daenerys, having to put up with VISERYS all that time, and outrunning every hired knife that Robert sent after her from the day she was born...

And Sansa having to put up with Joffrey's bullshit. I wanted her to push him off the battlements. DEARLY. Would've paid good money to see it.

Shameless Lunatic

From where i am in the books (just starting the third) i would have to go with Dani or Catelynn. Both are clever and determined. I also love arya, but who doesn't?

I am surprised to see people saying Brienne and Sansa. I really didn't think of brienne being that strong. i know she may be a good fighter but mentally she seems quit frail. and i don't really like sansa, she has courage but i still don't think shes that clever. i can wait to see how the character grow in the next books.

Dany of course...she has grown (as well as the other female characters) but she holds the lives of her people and her dragons in her hands...that is a lot for one person to deal with.

Sugary Gaian

ღ I'd have to say Arya, Brienne, and even Sansa.
Windalin
Sansa.

Nope... I read the books. She isn't playing the "Game of Thrones" - game of thrones is political jockeying. Shes just trying to remain alive: a scared little girl. If she had pushed Jeoffry into the spike pit I would have given her more credit but all she is good for is craven pandering. She couldn't even work up the lady-balls to go with the Hound though that's probably a smart move by accident on her part.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff