Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Sex Symbol

Mars_The_Hobo
Of House Targaryen
Mars_The_Hobo
Of House Targaryen
Prince Rhaegar
I did love Lyanna very much, so I won't deny the possibility of Snow being our child....

Another thought to consider... If Jon Snow is indeed my child, is it possible that he is the one born of the prophecies, and not my sister Daenerys?

Brother, is it all really true?

Maybe you both are the Prophecy. The Dragon has three heads after all

That is true! Why must he be the Lord's Commander of the Night's Watch? It is going to be hard to get any sort of message to him let alone trying to go to him...
He must be told! If he really is part of the Prophecy & my nephew I must go to him!

I'm certain you'll need your nephews

If there was only a way where we could all meet each other easily. I must move from Mereen & the Lord Commander must move from the Wall. We will meet my other nephew in Westeros & reclaim the land with fire & blood. Just as Aegon the Conqueror did with Visenya & Rhaenys.

High-functioning Waffles

King Joffrey Baratheon
True, but I still I can not shake that he is not their child. I can not see Ned tolerating his wife treating Jon like crap...if that was his sister's only child. One could say to protect him from Robert's wrath...I don't know.
Ned didn't agree with how Cat treated Jon, but he understood and did stand up for him. He made a serious promise to his sister to protect and raise Jon as his own. In the first book, whenever he thought of Lyanna, his thoughts always turned to Jon. I think that's more than a coincidence.

Also, in the crypts when Robert visits him, they talk about Lyanna and Rhaegar kidnapping her, but Ned never once says a bad thing about him. What's that about? This guy kidnaps and rapes his only sister, then kills her and he doesn't think badly of him? That's some ******** up sense of honor to your family.

And if Jon Snow isn't Lyanna's son, then who is he? He isn't Ned's son, there's too many time discrepancies with what has been said in the books between characters. Especially Ned and Cat.
Lunata Drakon
        Ned wouldn't tell Cat to keep his promise to his sister, if indeed that is what he promised her. And, he's not stupid. If the masses--or even just a few people knew he was the son of Rhaegar, there would be those who would want to kill Jon or involve Jon in plans that would put his life at serious risk. Robert B. would even have serious problems with him. Sure, Jon may be the son of Lyanna, the woman he loved above all others, but he's also Rhaegar's blood and could be his heir.

Hopefully GRRM reveals it in the next book, but I doubt he will. He'll probably save it for the last.

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Bavarian Creme
Lunata Drakon
        Ned wouldn't tell Cat to keep his promise to his sister, if indeed that is what he promised her. And, he's not stupid. If the masses--or even just a few people knew he was the son of Rhaegar, there would be those who would want to kill Jon or involve Jon in plans that would put his life at serious risk. Robert B. would even have serious problems with him. Sure, Jon may be the son of Lyanna, the woman he loved above all others, but he's also Rhaegar's blood and could be his heir.

Hopefully GRRM reveals it in the next book, but I doubt he will. He'll probably save it for the last.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

{-"Yeah I realized all that so I deleted my question. I had typed it before I had actually read everyone's responses to the thread. razz "-}

With Love,
*~CB's Cupcake Fairy~*

User Image
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧Quote me so I don't lose you plez.

Festive Witch

24,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
Of House Targaryen
If there was only a way where we could all meet each other easily. I must move from Mereen & the Lord Commander must move from the Wall. We will meet my other nephew in Westeros & reclaim the land with fire & blood. Just as Aegon the Conqueror did with Visenya & Rhaenys.

I believe there are bigger forces at work here Khaleesi, Fate will happen; and when the time comes I will be with you (I finally found my sword! And got some armor! yay xd !)

Desirable Sex Symbol

Mars_The_Hobo
Of House Targaryen

I believe there are bigger forces at work here Khaleesi, Fate will happen; and when the time comes I will be with you (I finally found my sword! And got some armor! yay xd !)

That is great to hear! I will send one of my dragons to come & get you then!

Sugary Gaian

ღ I agree with what you have just said. I had my suspicions while reading the book. 3nodding

Hunter

I don't know if (highlight) Rhaegar is for sure Jon's father, but it makes a lot of sense. I do believe that he is Lyanna's son though. The last thing Lyanna said to Ned was "promise me, Ned" as she lay dying in a pool of her own blood. This suggests she died in childbirth and made Eddard promise to raise Jon as his own. PLUS we know that Lyanna was kidnapped and raped by Rhaegar. Dany also had the vision of the blue rose on a wall of ice (wall of ice being The Wall most likely). Lyanna died in a bed of blue roses, and they were her favorite flower. Don't forget the song of Bael the Bard, too.

BUT regardless of whether or not Jon IS a Targaryen, George R.R. Martin DID say that the "three heads of the dragon" don't necessarily have to be Targaryens. Either way, I think Jon will end up as one of the dragon riders.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff