Welcome to Gaia! ::

Really. Discuss.

Highlight:
        There's no way the father could have been Eddard. He may have fallen in love with another woman soon after marrying Catelyn, but he was such an honorable, righteous man, I just don't see him dishonoring himself, the woman he loved, and his new bride.
        I think the mother is Lyanna. Not 100% sure who the father is, but I'm leaning towards Rhaegar. Could not have been Robert Baratheon: he was more admiring Lyanna from afar and wanted to make a proper woman out of her. The words, "Promise me." haunt Eddard to the end of his days. Why is that? Why does that promise weigh so heavily on him? The books also say that he remembers seeing Lyanna in a bed of blood--associated with child birth, when he finally rescued her. She was also surrounded by winter roses--a man who kidnapped her with the intent on killing her for no reason wouldn't bring her winter roses or give her every comfort. Could Rhaegar have killed her? Or have his kingsguard do it instead? Robert Baratheon seems to think so, but every one who knew Rhaegar described him as being honorable. Of course Robert is going to try to make Rhaegar out to be a monster: he stole the woman he loved. Rhaegar crowned Lyanna the most beautiful woman at the tourney, skipping over his wife. I highly doubt he would have taken her against her will and much less: have her killed during her rescue. Lyanna was a willful woman, good with a sword and possible tourney champion: Rhaegar couldn't take her quietly against her will.
        And lastly: Arya and Jon look a lot alike. None of the other children look like them: Sansa, Robb, Bran, and Rickon all favor Catelyn and the Tully line. We know for a fact Arya came from Catelyn and Eddard. We also know that Arya strongly favors Lyanna, in looks and personality. Since Arya, a female, looking like another female in the Stark family isn't unheard of, there's no question there. But why would Jon, a male, look like his aunt and not his father?
        The End.

Actually, since you pointed that out, I can honestly see that being a possibility. It actually does make a lot of sense.

Festive Witch

24,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
You know, that a rather important theory. I haven't read that far, but I've ran across certain interesting facts like Why is the Kingsguard watching Lyanna instead of guarding the King as they bowed to? And someone noticed that Ned thinks of Jon as "my blood" rather than "my son"

And some consider this grounds for Jon to be One of the Three Heads of the Dragon with Daenerys and someone else
Mars_The_Hobo
You know, that a rather important theory. I haven't read that far, but I've ran across certain interesting facts like Why is the Kingsguard watching Lyanna instead of guarding the King as they bowed to? And someone noticed that Ned thinks of Jon as "my blood" rather than "my son"

And some consider this grounds for Jon to be One of the Three Heads of the Dragon with Daenerys and someone else

That's something I missed! The whole 'my blood' thing.
        He could easily be one of the three heads. Since we already know Dany and Aegon are two, it's very easy to assume that Jon, if he is Rhaegar's son, could be the third.
        But you know what, since so many people have guessed that the parents are Lyanna and Rhaegar, GRRM is gonna be like 'HAHAHA! You're all wrong, bitches!' and throw us all for a loop.
I did love Lyanna very much, so I won't deny the possibility of Snow being our child....

Another thought to consider... If Jon Snow is indeed my child, is it possible that he is the one born of the prophecies, and not my sister Daenerys?

Ferocious Browser

Prince Rhaegar
I did love Lyanna very much, so I won't deny the possibility of Snow being our child....

Another thought to consider... If Jon Snow is indeed my child, is it possible that he is the one born of the prophecies, and not my sister Daenerys?

Dany sees YOU talking about the prophecies in the House of the Undying and you said it was your son Aegon razz
Eveille
Prince Rhaegar

Dany sees YOU talking about the prophecies in the House of the Undying and you said it was your son Aegon razz
That is also a possibility, but I might as well throw other ideas out there. =P

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
I had never really thought of this till recently, a sad overlook on my part. Ned's honor would never have allowed him to sire a b*****d, the same honor that got him killed
Hopefully George doesn't change the story just to spite us razz though I'd rather see jon with dany then where he seems to be at the end of dance

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I thought it was fairly obvious who his parents were. It's just subtle, like Mel's shadow babies and the "sword wounds" that Loras & Renly inflicted on each other.

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I guess we won't know for sure while everyone waits for the next book. I'm guessing that the truth won't be revealed my in the new book or the last one. We just have to sit and wait.

And yeah, I could agree with you guys more about Jon snow parents. It's been bugging me for a while and it really want to know. It says, that his mother was a fisher daughter or something like that, but maybe George is pulling our leg here just to fool us, and there might be a huge twist in store for his next book or the next final book.
Centipedes In Utero
I thought it was fairly obvious who his parents were. It's just subtle, like Mel's shadow babies and the "sword wounds" that Loras & Renly inflicted on each other.

GRRM says he's not ready to tell about Jon's parentage just yet and that it will be revealed in later volumes eventually. It is not assumed. There have been multiple layers of foreshadowing. For all we know, the next book to come out could completely destroy all the evidence for the LyannaxRhaegar theory.
Eveille
Prince Rhaegar

But then Maester Aemon completely dashes that prophecy saying that the PTWP is Dany, not Rhaegar or Aegon or Viserys. Princess, not Prince.

Ferocious Browser

Bavarian Creme
Eveille
Prince Rhaegar

But then Maester Aemon completely dashes that prophecy saying that the PTWP is Dany, not Rhaegar or Aegon or Viserys. Princess, not Prince.

I had forgotten that o:

I was very sad when he died.

Moonlight Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
I have to agree about who Jon's parents are, or at least who his mother is. My only question is why did Ned not tell at least Catelyn who Jon's parents were? Why keep it a secret?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff