Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does Theon deserve everything that's happening to him?

Yes, definitely 0.31313131313131 31.3% [ 31 ]
Not at all, poor baby 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 33 ]
Asha for Queen 0.35353535353535 35.4% [ 35 ]
Total Votes:[ 99 ]
< 1 2 3 >

This is why I LOVE Game of Thrones. Always showing that everyone has their own definitions of what is good and is bad, and that there is no ultimate (Unless you can count Joffrey or Ramsay as the ultimate evil?) But I agree with a majority of people here. He does deserve what's happening to him, but at the same time he was as deluded as every character about their houses too.

Sparkly Fatcat

8,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Laughing Gas Giggs
I wouldn't say he deserved it necessarily,
but his previous actions and history do make him a pretty despicable character.
I haven't read the books, so as far as the tv series go,
I'm still confused as to why Ramsey is going out of the way to do so much to Theon.
Did Theon personally do something to him?
Or was Ramsey taking liberties with his father's orders?

I haven't gotten to Ramsay in the books yet, but I know he had a servant named Reek when he was a kid that he beat and tortured and I think he got killed. I think he only did this to Theon to relive what he did with the original Reek and to prove to his dad that he was worthy of being legitimized.
Atrophic Soliloquy
Laughing Gas Giggs
I'm still confused as to why Ramsey is going out of the way to do so much to Theon.

I haven't gotten to Ramsay in the books yet, but I know he had a servant named Reek when he was a kid that he beat and tortured and I think he got killed. I think he only did this to Theon to relive what he did with the original Reek and to prove to his dad that he was worthy of being legitimized.

Oh, okay! That makes sense.
That probably won't be explored in the tv series,
so I really need to read the books this summer!
Laughing Gas Giggs
I think Ramsey is just insane and he way overstepped his father's orders, haha. And sadistic. He is like Jeoffrey but Joeffrey's a little p***k, this guy is much worse.

Shy Witch

31,600 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Le Soleil Brille
I think Ramsey is just insane and he way overstepped his father's orders, haha. And sadistic. He is like Jeoffrey but Joeffrey's a little p***k, this guy is much worse.

I agree. I think also what makes Ramsay so dangerous is he's actually pretty intelligent, in addition to being a sadistic psychopath. Joffrey was a sadistic psychopath, but he was also an idiot.

Learned Genius

»he's done terrible things but he doesn't deserve all the crap he's getting.
I've watched the show and I'm onto the second book right now. From what I understand Theon's father is still bitter over the defeat of the rebellion and although Theon was always at a disadvantage because he was with the Starks so long it seemed to me like his family's main problem with Theon was his entitlement.

Theon says the only person ever "worth" his time was Robb, he talks about selling/marrying his sister after she humiliates him (with his own stupid behaviour), he is mostly at odds with the Iron Islands way of earning everything themselves. I don't think earning his respect would have been entirely impossible (though hard) at that early stage, they're still a cold people though and I can't imagine Roose will have en easy time working "Theon" back in with his family for his purposes? His sister wrote him off quite decisively.

Since he was thoroughly stripped of all his entitlement complex, I'm definitely curious as to how the rest of his part will play out until the end.
i think theon is a little d**k and i never really liked him, but even i think what happened to him is just too much
ramsay is possibly the best antagonist i've ever come across, imo. he has absolutely no redeeming qualities and no sob-cliche-backstory to explain why he's a psychopath. he is just evil, pure and simple.

Dapper Kitten

6,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
never liked theon.
he tried too hard to make father proud and welp
you had it good over at winterfell with the starks

but it's way over the top now.

Kawaii Avenger

Love Ramsey Snow, that guy is psychotic, twisted, intelligent, and hilarious.
Hate Theon, vain, spoiled, petty, insecure... emotion_yatta

Really wanted to like Jeoffrey for his psycho streak but he was a complete idiot, and a little s**t.

Theon done fraked up.
Totally deserved it.
Rule of three, plain and simple.

Tipsy Kitten

10,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Star of the South
I will always talk about Theon lol. He's my favourite character. While he deserved something coming to him because he did do some awful things, he didn't deserve what did end up coming to him. Torture, flaying, castration, mental torment to the point he became Reek, and the constant vile actions and threats by Ramsay =/= killing Rodrik and the 2 boys (also considering he was influenced by Dagmar quite a bit and it's Game of Thrones, practically every character has killed at least one person!).

I don't even really include taking Winterfell in the punishable acts list, to be honest. Yeah, it was a really jerk move considering he grew up there and everything but as a character decision, I think it's amazing. He did it in hopes of trying to gain respect from the father that rejected him. You can't fault him for that when his character was always so focused on his identity of constantly being reminded he isn't a Stark, but it turns out he's also not a Greyjoy.

I have a lot of Theon feels ; ______;

Aww now I feel horrible for him :/

Click my dragons?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tipsy Kitten

10,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
DaFire
He's a petty, vain fool, ruled by supposed credentials and the now-deceased Little Theon...
But the way he's portrayed in the books, it's like he doesn't know any different; he doesn't understand why his father abandoned him, why Winterfell doesn't accept him as their lord, why Ramsay Snow is such an arse. He's totally ignorant, and it makes me feel so sorry for him, even if he is a little s***.

Can't wait to read the books. There's just so much I'm missing out on!!!

Click my dragons?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thieving Gatekeeper

I want to feel bad for him.....
but because of his previous actions at Winterfell, I don't. neutral
Do I feel bad for him? Yes.
Do I think he deserves all this torture? No.
Do I still think he's a complete a*****e and hate him as a character? Uhuh.

Also, SOOOOOO sick of the amount of time we've spent on how Ramsay tortures him. It's like they don't believe that people will feel sympathy for him if they don't show in excruciating detail ever bit of damage that Ramsay does, but people are going to either feel for him or not. Endless torture scenes isn't going to change that. A fact that I thought the book made perfectly clear. We didn't see every bit of torture, just the aftermath, and I felt just as much sympathy for him with that. (More, in fact, cause I wasn't simultaneously annoyed with sitting through torture scenes when there were so many other stories more worthy of our time)

xx Gnellie's King

Raider

I don't think anyone deserves what he went through.

It's for naught, now. To think of redemption.

He's too far gone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces