Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does Theon deserve everything that's happening to him?

Yes, definitely 0.31313131313131 31.3% [ 31 ]
Not at all, poor baby 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 33 ]
Asha for Queen 0.35353535353535 35.4% [ 35 ]
Total Votes:[ 99 ]
1 2 3 >

Sparkly Fatcat

8,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
So, my friend just got into GoT and is also reading the books. She's on season two and Theon has just sacked Winterfell, so she hates him.

Now, I'm up to date on viewing and I've read up on important plotlines in the books and I honestly feel sorry for him. We both know what happens to him but she doesn't know who does it, and she still hates him.

Even thought he deserves what happened, don'tcha think Ramsay is going a little too far with the whole Reek thing?

Gatekeeper

I will always talk about Theon lol. He's my favourite character. While he deserved something coming to him because he did do some awful things, he didn't deserve what did end up coming to him. Torture, flaying, castration, mental torment to the point he became Reek, and the constant vile actions and threats by Ramsay =/= killing Rodrik and the 2 boys (also considering he was influenced by Dagmar quite a bit and it's Game of Thrones, practically every character has killed at least one person!).

I don't even really include taking Winterfell in the punishable acts list, to be honest. Yeah, it was a really jerk move considering he grew up there and everything but as a character decision, I think it's amazing. He did it in hopes of trying to gain respect from the father that rejected him. You can't fault him for that when his character was always so focused on his identity of constantly being reminded he isn't a Stark, but it turns out he's also not a Greyjoy.

I have a lot of Theon feels ; ______;
OBVIOUSLY!!
Poor little guy, just trying to please his a*****e of a father. Raised as a hostage in a strange land. . .

They don't have a Jyne Castle in the show so I don't know who they're going to make "Arya" for Ramsy to marry and abuse.

Sparkly Fatcat

8,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm just waiting for her to get to the part where he gets tortured so maybe she'll change her mind. She's also a huge Bran girl.

I thought he married Jeyne Poole? I must have read it wrong, but they'll probably create a random character liker they did for Jeyne/Talisa.

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
He deserves it. =x

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Totally deserves it. ^^'

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
I think he totally deserved it, after what he did to the children from the farm.

Gatekeeper

Atrophic Soliloquy
re: your spoiler button

You're right, marries Jeyne Poole.
I think he definitely had something coming to him, but what he actually got is more than anybody deserves, in my mind. D: I wouldn't wish it on the worst of the worst. (But then I've always had a particular aversion to fingernail/finger trauma >< )

What I find sad about Theon is that all the terrible things he did, he did trying to please his father. The father he hadn't seen since he was a kid, had built up in his head as some great guy. He was a cocky a-hole and kept telling people he was going to be Lord of Pyke, welcomed back with a parade as his house's last son and heir, etc. only to come home and find out that his dad thought he was weak and soft, and basically hated him. So he went out to try and change his mind, and turned out to make some really stupid and loathsome decisions that got him captured in the end. But he was never going to succeed. His father was going to resent him and see him as a symbol of the Greyjoys' defeat no matter what.

So, everything he did was for nothing, and wound up putting him in a massively worse position than he would've been in had he just lived with his father's hatred (or gone back to the Starks, who he remarked were more like his true family).

Theon's story kind of sucks all around.
Star of the South
Atrophic Soliloquy
re: your spoiler button

You're right, marries Jeyne Poole.

POOLE! Ok, I thought she was Sir Rodrick Castles daughter for some reason sweatdrop

Melodious Member

18,065 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Theon's done some terrible things and he certainly deserved punishment for his actions. However, what that deranged Ramsay did to him was far worse than anyone could ever deserve. I can't think of anyone who could deserve such horrible torture.

I'm actually hoping that things will work out for Theon. He's been broken but I hope that he will recover, to some extent at least. I haven't read the books so I don't know what's going to happen, but I think that he regrets what he did and if he survives through the ordeal, he might actually become a decent person.

Fuzzy Exhibitionist

In the end he got a bit (Understatement) much for what he did but does anyone deserve anything? Saying this as a huge fan of Theon.

I just love the Reek chapters so much, though. If they didn't exist I'd be really missing something.

Hardened Warrior

Star of the South
Yeah, it was a really jerk move considering he grew up there and everything but as a character decision, I think it's amazing. He did it in hopes of trying to gain respect from the father that rejected him. You can't fault him for that when his character was always so focused on his identity of constantly being reminded he isn't a Stark, but it turns out he's also not a Greyjoy.

I have a lot of Theon feels ; ______;
I agree with all of this.

@Thread: A friend of mine thinks that he deserved to die, so I've had to defend him to a friend too and I don't think that he does deserve death, for the reasons listed above. That world is a tough world. Almost EVERYTHING revolves around families and proud houses. He was "stolen" from his family when he was younger, he grew up in Winterfell, yes, but he never belonged there. He always thought of himself as a Greyjoy. In the books he was proud of his House... or at least what he thought that his House was. Imagine going back to your father to find out that he doesn't want anything to do with you and you only wanted his approval. Theon would do anything to get his approval. To go back to being his father's son, to be accepted in the House that he had been so proud of for so many years. He was desperate and he made a mistake. A big mistake. He doesn't deserve to die, he learned his lesson and now I feel bad for him... He isn't my favorite character, but I never wanted to see him like he is now. It's sad :/

Malevolent Fairy

12,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
He's a petty, vain fool, ruled by supposed credentials and the now-deceased Little Theon...
But the way he's portrayed in the books, it's like he doesn't know any different; he doesn't understand why his father abandoned him, why Winterfell doesn't accept him as their lord, why Ramsay Snow is such an arse. He's totally ignorant, and it makes me feel so sorry for him, even if he is a little s***.
I wouldn't say he deserved it necessarily,
but his previous actions and history do make him a pretty despicable character.
I haven't read the books, so as far as the tv series go,
I'm still confused as to why Ramsey is going out of the way to do so much to Theon.
Did Theon personally do something to him?
Or was Ramsey taking liberties with his father's orders?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff