< 1 2 3 4 >

Hunter

Why isn't Jon Snow and option?

Enduring Explorer

26,525 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
Danerys feelsit is her birth right as a Tarygaryan, and according to custom she would be right. That's why Ned had to die - he knew Joffrey wasn't the legitimate heir and couldn't stand by and let injustice rule. In the books Danerys shows herself a kind regent tho' tough. i still think she be a great ruler!
twilightwyrm
Elyria Stone
I would love to see Rob Stark but due to the "Red Wedding" I have to vote for Danerys. She would be agreat ruler - not a bloodthirsty, power hunger regency like the Lannisters

She wanted to give birth to a child that would "Mount the World" and constantly asserts her "right" to the Iron Throne, while having done nothing to earn such a position. That sounds a bit bloodthirsty and power-hungry to me. Perhaps not quite as power hungry as Cersei Lannister, but that's not really saying much as the women practically eats and breaths ambition (when it isn't lust for her blood relatives, apparently).

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Breezes

Well, most of the characters/Nations/Houses I listed all have one long term goal or mission, or want to rule/become a kingdom. Other than holding the wall, Jon doesn't really have any goal or mission... Plus, given that he's a b*****d, he doesn't really have any real way to take of Westeros legitimately.

Hunter

Symorin
Breezes

Well, most of the characters/Nations/Houses I listed all have one long term goal or mission, or want to rule/become a kingdom. Other than holding the wall, Jon doesn't really have any goal or mission... Plus, given that he's a b*****d, he doesn't really have any real way to take of Westeros legitimately.

Oh I guess you haven't read the books then...

Quotable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Manas Advocate
twilightwyrm
Elyria Stone
I would love to see Rob Stark but due to the "Red Wedding" I have to vote for Danerys. She would be agreat ruler - not a bloodthirsty, power hunger regency like the Lannisters

She wanted to give birth to a child that would "Mount the World" and constantly asserts her "right" to the Iron Throne, while having done nothing to earn such a position. That sounds a bit bloodthirsty and power-hungry to me. Perhaps not quite as power hungry as Cersei Lannister, but that's not really saying much as the women practically eats and breaths ambition (when it isn't lust for her blood relatives, apparently).

Rights aren't earned, and rights cannot be taken away. She has a birthright to the Iron Throne based on her lineage.

And why would that be exactly? The only "right" to the ruler ship of the Seven Kingdoms her ancestors had was the strength of their dragons backing up their claim. Now, they have lost their dragons (these dragon eggs are not from the same lineage as the Targaryen dragons), and their strength, which was their only "right" to the throne, hence she has also lost that right.

Quotable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Elyria Stone
Danerys feels it is her birth right as a Tarygaryan, and according to custom she would be right. That's why Ned had to die - he knew Joffrey wasn't the legitimate heir and couldn't stand by and let injustice rule. In the books Danerys shows herself a kind regent tho' tough. i still think she be a great ruler!
twilightwyrm
Elyria Stone

And what right does her family actually have to the Seven Kingdoms? The fact that they bullied everyone else into submission generations ago, from the backs of now dead dragons?
As for Ned, he died because he accused Joffery of usurping the kingdom from the current line of rulers, it had nothing to do with whether or not the Targaryens should be welcomed back.

Hygienic Fatcat

twilightwyrm
Manas Advocate
twilightwyrm
Elyria Stone

Rights aren't earned, and rights cannot be taken away. She has a birthright to the Iron Throne based on her lineage.

And why would that be exactly? The only "right" to the ruler ship of the Seven Kingdoms her ancestors had was the strength of their dragons backing up their claim. Now, they have lost their dragons (these dragon eggs are not from the same lineage as the Targaryen dragons), and their strength, which was their only "right" to the throne, hence she has also lost that right.

She knows that the Lannisters aren't just going to give her the Iron Throne because she asks for it. Her goal is to reconquer the seven kingdoms and claim them by right of conquest.

Edit: You have to remember, that in her mind she is Queen of Westeros already, and that she is simply in exile.

Moonlight Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
Go Dany! May the Dragons RULE!

Quotable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Manas Advocate
twilightwyrm
Manas Advocate
twilightwyrm
Elyria Stone

She knows that the Lannisters aren't just going to give her the Iron Throne because she asks for it. Her goal is to reconquer the seven kingdoms and claim them by right of conquest.

Edit: You have to remember, that in her mind she is Queen of Westeros already, and that she is simply in exile.

I was thinking she would be more likely to have the Baratheons in mind for fighting, since I don't think she's aware of the whole situation with the Lannisters yet.
And yes, I know she believe she is the rightful queen. But she also believed that birthing the man that would "mount the world" is a good idea, so let's just say I'm not terribly inclined to accept her way of thinking at this point.
Stormborn for Westeros!

And if not Dany...Renly.

Am I the only one who LOLed at Littlefinger being a poll option? I'd rather have Hodor on the Iron Throne! Hodor.

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
THE IMP IS THE BEST!!!!

Hygienic Fatcat

twilightwyrm
Manas Advocate
twilightwyrm
Manas Advocate
twilightwyrm
Elyria Stone

I was thinking she would be more likely to have the Baratheons in mind for fighting, since I don't think she's aware of the whole situation with the Lannisters yet.
And yes, I know she believe she is the rightful queen. But she also believed that birthing the man that would "mount the world" is a good idea, so let's just say I'm not terribly inclined to accept her way of thinking at this point.

I suppose, but judging by how she has been positioned thus far in the series, I think its reasonable to assume that she will be Queen.

Unless there is some kind of insane plot twist.
A Lannister always pays his debts.

Quotable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Manas Advocate
twilightwyrm
Manas Advocate
twilightwyrm
Manas Advocate

I suppose, but judging by how she has been positioned thus far in the series, I think its reasonable to assume that she will be Queen.

Unless there is some kind of insane plot twist.

You mean in the book series or in the TV series?

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Based on the way things are going, I'm betting on Dany winning back the throne with her nephew her consort and Tyrion their Hand. Because a Lannister always repays his debts, and he doesn't have much chance staying alive through anyone else's reigns (thus being unable to repay his debt to those who have humiliated and betrayed him). House Targaryen is the only house he hasn't pissed off yet.

And I really want Tyrion to survive everything. TT.TT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces