Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Gaian

no one frightened her
        she was the daughter of the rock, a lion

Some of you may be aware that a large part of GoT is filmed in Belfast/other locations in Northern Ireland. They have a large extras casting agency through a website called ExtrasNI. Living in N.I myself, I know a lot of people who have been extras in many episodes. Wanting the opportunity myself, I signed up for the website in June 2013 and for months didn't hear a single thing. Until I got a casting call in October that year.

On that particular day I was in class at a college which is literally 2 minutes up the road from Titanic Studios where a lot of GoT filming takes place (the throne room is filmed in the large paint hall where the Titanic was painted). So I got a call from ExtrasNI asking me if I could make it within the hour to audition for the part of a body double for GoT. As it was a paid job and I would have done anything to get out of class that day, I agreed and attended. I wasn't told what part it was or any other details. I assumed it was a background extra that hadn't shown or something.

I arrived and there was only one other girl there to "audition" for the role. We were taken to be fitted for a costume and told that it was nothing personal to whoever didn't get the role, it was just whoever fitted the costume more appropriately. The other girl went first and then I was taken for my fitting.

I was putting on Cersei Lannister's dress and I almost ******** vomited.

The extras casting director and the costume designer decided that I was the better fit and that was that. I'd gotten the part of Cersei Lannister's body double and was asked to return the following day for shooting. And I did.

I turned up to set the next day and after a long while of waiting around, I was put into costume and taken to set. Up until this moment I wasn't told what I was to be doing, but a script was placed in my hands and I was told to read over the scene. I wouldn't be speaking, but it would be better if I read over it to get a feel for the scene.

Again, I almost ******** vomited. It was Joffrey's death scene.

It was Jack Gleeson's last day of filming and as they had previously shot the initial scene in Croatia, they needed a final shot of his last breaths and either didn't bother hassling Lena Headey for a couple of hours of shooting or she just couldn't make it.

I was then taken to meet Jack Gleeson and Alex Graves, the director of the episode, for an introduction and quick chat. They were both lovely.

Then we went to set and got to filming. It was incredibly overwhelming as I've never done anything like it before in my life. I had Jack Gleeson laying on my lap as he acted out his last breaths as Joffrey. The extras co-ordinators warned me that Jack was extremely intense during his performances but told me just to go with it and let him do his thing. It was very intense and highly emotional.

After filming was done we waited for cars to take us back to costume fitting, and as only one arrived Jack opened the passenger door for me and told me to share his car. I still can't believe I managed to contain myself.

So yeah, I thought I'd share this story with you all. 6 months on and I still can't believe those couple of hours happened to be honest. It was pure chance.

The scene:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know I will probably have many non-believers so here's a photo I took of my trailer door lmao:

And my paycheck:

Fatcat

I wish you were also dead, Cersei. But you will rule the 7 kingdoms one day. So ******** the queen. lol

Fatcat

nah srsly i think u did a good job. i did not thought they need body doubles tho. Awesome!
Thank you for letting us look down on your breasts. I look at breasts from far away, and my aim is remarkable.
Not that I don't believe you, but why would they need a body double of Cersei if all what Joffrey would be doing was lay his head down on her lap? xd

Tiny Friend

That is absolutely awesome! You were so fortunate to have him on your lap. xD

Divine Muse

I wonder how many breast comments you're going to get.

Bashful Gaian

Tuken
Not that I don't believe you, but why would they need a body double of Cersei if all what Joffrey would be doing was lay his head down on her lap? xd

The original scene was filmed in Croatia, Jack's final scenes on Cersei's lap were filmed in Belfast. I think there was moments of the filming that they needed to fill in, and it's obviously cheaper to get a body double for a couple of hours of shooting rather than Lena Headey.

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
congrats
you have a really nice body

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
That's pretty damn cool!
I'm going to miss Jack on the show, he was a really great performer, it's too bad he's apparently retiring. I would wish him luck in whatever he decides to go for next, I hope he really enjoys it.

King Werewolf

How much did you get paid?

Indulgent Foe

23,875 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Wow, that is so cool!!
Lady of Casterly Rock
Tuken

The original scene was filmed in Croatia, Jack's final scenes on Cersei's lap were filmed in Belfast. I think there was moments of the filming that they needed to fill in, and it's obviously cheaper to get a body double for a couple of hours of shooting rather than Lena Headey.

So they filmed some of the Purple Wedding without the actual actors? Weird. confused

Enduring Regular

Tuken
Lady of Casterly Rock
Tuken

So they filmed some of the Purple Wedding without the actual actors? Weird. confused
This happens quite a lot in the industry, if you weren't aware.During editing, the director will sometimes have to/want to reshoot parts of a scene that didn't come out quite right, and they can't always get the actors/actresses on such short notice.

Bashful Gaian

Tuken
Lady of Casterly Rock
Tuken

Everything else was already done previously. All they needed was Joffrey's death, literally his last breaths.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff