Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, my b/f and I watched the season 2 finale last night, and it got me thinking.

It takes the dragons a while to mature (although it's better now that they can breathe fire). So they're vulnerable. Now that Khalici (spelling?) has killed the 'king' of Qarth, wouldn't it be wiser to wait in Qarth until they're mature? Then she really wouldn't need ships 'cause the dragons could fly her across the sea and KICK a** and burn Geoffery's fat head.

LoL

Any thoughts?
MistressDeeAnne
So, my b/f and I watched the season 2 finale last night, and it got me thinking.

It takes the dragons a while to mature (although it's better now that they can breathe fire). So they're vulnerable. Now that Khalici (spelling?) has killed the 'king' of Qarth, wouldn't it be wiser to wait in Qarth until they're mature? Then she really wouldn't need ships 'cause the dragons could fly her across the sea and KICK a** and burn Geoffery's fat head.

LoL

Any thoughts?
She left so that she could continue to build her army.
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne

LoL

Any thoughts?
cat_emo *Waffles runs away*
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne

LoL

Any thoughts?

I suppose, but would she need much of an army with 3 dragons under her?
MistressDeeAnne
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne

LoL

Any thoughts?

cat_cry *Waffles runs away*
MistressDeeAnne
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne

LoL

Any thoughts?

Yes, you need more than dragons to win war on the 7 kingdoms. Dragons can only do so much and there is only 3 of them. If she had an army of dragons I would say that she doesn't need to continue to grow her forces. Westeros is a big place.
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne

LoL

Any thoughts?

Yes, you need more than dragons to win war on the 7 kingdoms. Dragons can only do so much and there is only 3 of them. If she had an army of dragons I would say that she doesn't need to continue to grow her forces. Westeros is a big place.

True

Wheezing Gekko

4,350 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
oh well, you know Daenerys is always on a rush.

5,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
Besides all the others said, maybe she is getting a grasp in the game of thrones by now, and does not want to be involved in Qarth's politics.
As others said, her dragons are still vulnerable, and staying after capturing the king of Qarth could be dangerous.
Qarth is not safe or stable anymore, and her khalasar suffered a lot and has even less people than when she arrived.
[NPC] Waffles the Cat
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne

LoL

Any thoughts?
cat_emo *Waffles runs away*

LOL CUTE
i would say she is not safe where she is at, someone would find out she killed a few of the founders of the city and go after her.

Fashionable Phantom

If you read the books you would know that she does in fact stay in the eastern lands. However, through the use of some hinted magic the dragons mature quickly.

You'll see, but I'm sure hbo will amaze us by tweaking things as it is an adaption.

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Dark North
If you read the books you would know that she does in fact stay in the eastern lands. However, through the use of some hinted magic the dragons mature quickly.

You'll see, but I'm sure hbo will amaze us by tweaking things as it is an adaption.

I'm not going to tell you what'll happen (I've read all the books so far), but no magic was used to make the dragons mature more quickly. Well, at least not in the books.

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne

LoL

Any thoughts?

Also, this is very true. smile If you check some real war history you can see that while aerial attacks work well in conquering land quickly, you need land troops to keep the areas you just conquered, because otherwise they'll just return to the enemy as soon as you leave. Land troops are the war equivalent of a housekeeper, in a way.
Lady Snowfaerie
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne
Foxie Loxie
MistressDeeAnne

LoL

Any thoughts?

Also, this is very true. smile If you check some real war history you can see that while aerial attacks work well in conquering land quickly, you need land troops to keep the areas you just conquered, because otherwise they'll just return to the enemy as soon as you leave. Land troops are the war equivalent of a housekeeper, in a way.
Not to mention some captains and commanders are great at winning people over to your side without the use of violence. It does no good to rule if there are no people to rule because you set them on fire.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff