I secretly love Joffrey too! 0.16901408450704 16.9% [ 12 ]
*Pushes me out window Jaime style* 0.69014084507042 69.0% [ 49 ]
*Spins around pole in LittleFingers brothel 0.14084507042254 14.1% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Foxie Loxie
Melancholy Wish
But who I do hate....Is Joffrey's mother...D:
Cersi is stupid and hungry for power. She just doesn't know what to do with the power once she had it in her hands. I find there are several aSoFaI characters that I hate. Cersi is one of them, Joffery is another. I really have a strong hatred for Catelyn Stark.
I dislike Catelyn more than Cersi. classified_fu
Melancholy Wish
Foxie Loxie
Melancholy Wish
But who I do hate....Is Joffrey's mother...D:
Cersi is stupid and hungry for power. She just doesn't know what to do with the power once she had it in her hands. I find there are several aSoFaI characters that I hate. Cersi is one of them, Joffery is another. I really have a strong hatred for Catelyn Stark.
I am on book 4. So I haven't read any of the UnCat chaps. But I hear that she gets a little better because she turns blood thirsty. I was sad about Rob dying but it was bound to happen, he was too much Ned's son. The only redeeming thing about the red wedding was Catelyn being taken out. I kind of wanted to kick Nymeria for pulling her out of the river. Should have left her to the fishes. Then the stupid guy had to bring her back to life. Do you know if she becomes more tolerable?

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Melancholy Wish
Symorin
THE NORTH REMEMBERS!

Dear lord, now I worry that there's a Ramsay Bolton fanclub hiding out somewhere.
I don't see anything wrong with liking bad guys. D: Joffrey is a really interesting character.

@ symorin - omg.. DON'T EVEN SAY THAT.. >:C him and Reek.. holy moly

@mel- :/ if you ask me, he's just a spoiled rotten brat who needs more than just one good smack upside his head... i personally feel he deserves any little bit of harm that comes his way. by his age; you'd think someone should at least have the slightest bit of sense of right and wrong. well maybe he does have it; but he sure seems to pick the wrong.

though i must say; i think equal or worse of his kingsguard. really.. the men who do what he wants. those are grown men who should know FAR better. gotta love everytime Tyrion has to remind people that boy is only 13. would you let any 13 year old boys you know make decisions about anything? i think where you go out to eat be the most i'd let them have control over. :/

then again, i'm a mom. I find the way Cersei handles him to be rather appauling.

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Melancholy Wish

i'm just starting book three. so far, i'm not sure if i dislike catelyn that much, but I frequently am becoming really bored with her chapters. I mean.. omg.. she's always interfering.. and obstructing whatever's going on. she seems to think she knows better than EVERYONE else. i mean... if she was really concerned about her daughters; why doesn't she get some people and go get them herself? geesh. yeah i dunno... since the moment she dissed jon soon's Ned left; i was on a sudden path to dislike her. a lot of things that happened really were her fault if you trace them back to some form of intervention on her part that spiraled more and more things.
Dione Nightly
This..
User Image

and this..

User Image

and this..
User Image

and this...
User Image

and lastly...
User Image

Rainbow Genius

7,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Foxie Loxie
I never understood that either.

There is nothing wrong with finding bad guys compelling, and I don't mean for this to sound rude, but not understanding that is a little naive. You mean to say there was NEVER a bad guy you rooted for, or felt sympathy towards, ever? I was always more interested in Professor Snape than any of the good guys in Harry Potter, even back when the book first came out when I was in.. like, the 6th grade. I know that in the end he was a good guy, but that was ambiguous up until the end. And honestly, the character I'm most into in ASOIAF is Littlefinger, despite everything he does. Because it's the way he does things that fascinates me. The words he chooses to use, which strings he pulls... it's damn near poetic. And whats even better is sometimes he bites off more than he can chew (like spilling the beans to Cersei and her almost having his throat cut) because that makes him human.

There are dozens of reasons to like a bad guy/girl character. You find them attractive, you find them sympathetic, you identify with them in your darker nature (which absolutely everyone has), or you just find their antics amusing. That isn't even all of the reasons out there, just a few I could think up. I'm not saying any of those are the reason the OP has, because I'm not the OP. But to assume that there is no reason to like bad guys or that there is something wrong with doing so, which is the vibe I got from your posts, is just not right. If that wasn't what you meant, well, I'm sorry for misinterpreting. It's hard to tell tone in blocks of text like this. I'm not trying to be mean or confrontational, I'm just trying to explain how someone could like a character like Joffrey. I, for one, find his antics .. if not amusing, well, interesting to observe from a psychological stand point. Like in last nights episode *SPOILERS AHOY!* When instead of having sex with Ros and the other prostitute he has Ros beat the other prostitute, first with a belt, then with.. I think it was a candlestick. My boyfriend and I were afraid he wanted her to.. use the candlestick in a different way. Also, when he was torturing Sansa in public. *end spoilers*

Rainbow Genius

7,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
King Joffrey Baratheon

Aww, what's the matter baby? Don't like that people don't like your behavior. Remember this, b*****d Boy King, the king may do as he likes, but he has to deal with the consequences.

Actually, your avatar is frigging sweet, and I'm just messin' with ya.
Dione Nightly
King Joffrey Baratheon

Aww, what's the matter baby? Don't like that people don't like your behavior. Remember this, b*****d Boy King, the king may do as he likes, but he has to deal with the consequences.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b*****d? Mother will hear of this! And a king does not have to deal with the consequences if he does not want to....Perhaps lady Sansa will take my place.

Thank you and I am that you are teasing. All great rulers are mocked by their subjects, until their heads are placed on spikes.

Rainbow Genius

7,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
King Joffrey Baratheon
Dione Nightly
King Joffrey Baratheon

b*****d? Mother will hear of this! And a king does not have to deal with the consequences if he does not want to....Perhaps lady Sansa will take my place.

Thank you and I am that you are teasing. All great rulers are mocked by their subjects, until their heads are placed on spikes.

Even the crows will mock the king when consequences result in his head joining the others on spikes, your grace.
Dione Nightly
Foxie Loxie

There is nothing wrong with finding bad guys compelling, and I don't mean for this to sound rude, but not understanding that is a little naive. You mean to say there was NEVER a bad guy you rooted for, or felt sympathy towards, ever? I was always more interested in Professor Snape than any of the good guys in Harry Potter, even back when the book first came out when I was in.. like, the 6th grade. I know that in the end he was a good guy, but that was ambiguous up until the end. And honestly, the character I'm most into in ASOIAF is Littlefinger, despite everything he does. Because it's the way he does things that fascinates me. The words he chooses to use, which strings he pulls... it's damn near poetic. And whats even better is sometimes he bites off more than he can chew (like spilling the beans to Cersei and her almost having his throat cut) because that makes him human.

There are dozens of reasons to like a bad guy/girl character. You find them attractive, you find them sympathetic, you identify with them in your darker nature (which absolutely everyone has), or you just find their antics amusing. That isn't even all of the reasons out there, just a few I could think up. I'm not saying any of those are the reason the OP has, because I'm not the OP. But to assume that there is no reason to like bad guys or that there is something wrong with doing so, which is the vibe I got from your posts, is just not right. If that wasn't what you meant, well, I'm sorry for misinterpreting. It's hard to tell tone in blocks of text like this. I'm not trying to be mean or confrontational, I'm just trying to explain how someone could like a character like Joffrey. I, for one, find his antics .. if not amusing, well, interesting to observe from a psychological stand point. Like in last nights episode *SPOILERS AHOY!* When instead of having sex with Ros and the other prostitute he has Ros beat the other prostitute, first with a belt, then with.. I think it was a candlestick. My boyfriend and I were afraid he wanted her to.. use the candlestick in a different way. Also, when he was torturing Sansa in public. *end spoilers*

User Image
Dione Nightly
King Joffrey Baratheon
Dione Nightly
King Joffrey Baratheon

Even the crows will mock the king when consequences result in his head joining the others on spikes, your grace.
Then the crows will die. All those who mock their kill shall die! Mother says so.
Dione Nightly
Foxie Loxie

I think some villains have redeeming qualities and cause you to have a love/hate relationship for them. Not in all cases though. At a certain level cruelty cannot be forgive.

Some people/characters you can grasp where they came from and why they ended up the way they did. Your example of Snape for instance. I thought he was so well written. I wish the movies gave him more time on screen. I honestly at first found myself hating Snape and then by the end of the 5th book I loved him. With Snape we see that he does know how to love. He does care for people. He's not perfect...he's human. We learn about his inner struggle with Harry. He has sworn his life to protect him out of his love for Lily but at the same time Harry is too much his father's son. Every time he looks at him he is reminded of all the horrible pranks that James did. Does he act coldly towards Harry, yes. But when it counted, when it was important, he did everything he could to save him.

You can love the fact that someone makes a good villain.

Voldermort, I have no love for. He was completely evil even as a child. I have a hard time identifying with people who have no redeeming qualities. He made a good villain. When something/someone is pure evil they always make for a good villain. Good vs Evil always appeals to people.

Joffery....I hate that blond little monster. He was wrote to be hated and the actor surely makes you hate him on screen. He has no sense of empathy, no love, no compassion. I place a lot of blame on Cersi for the way he grew up. When Stanis is talking to Davos about Jeoffry...telling the story about the cat. He killed a pregnant cat, then cut open her stomach and killed each and every one of the kittens. I was deeply sickened by it. Then all the hells that he puts Sansa through. First the emotional pains he put her through. Watching her father be killed, constantly reminding her of it. Telling her how he is going ot do the same to her brother. Then there is him having her beaten. He had her stripped in front of his guard. Then when she finally thinks that she will be free and safe from him because he is marrying someone else. He tells her of how he plans to rape her over and over again. He leaves a bad taste in my mouth. He like his mother wants complete power but he uses it to fuel the fires of his hatred. If he wasn't such a sissy I am sure it would be even worse. I could see him growing up to be a serial killer if he ever grew some balls.
Again, I sill blame Cersi for the way he is. I mean if you look at the other 2 children, they are normal. Tommen infact is a very sweet and loving child. But they were raised more by teachers and servants I feel.

As for Little Finger. I like his character. He is very intelligent. He would be an expert at chess. He is very good at making people into pawns and moving them where he wants them to go. Although, there are some things are are beyond his control for sure. i.e. Ned's death. He didn't want him dead, just out of the way.

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
King Joffrey Baratheon
Then the crows will die. All those who mock their kill shall die! Mother says so.

who mock their kill huh? cool

It seems to me that if you are putting people's heads on spikes; that's mocking YOUR kills. Which.. by your own logic; would mean that you are destined to die. emotion_awesome

edit: and btw, your mother was a hampster; and your father smells of elderberries xp
Graceangel
King Joffrey Baratheon

It seems to me that if you are putting people's heads on spikes; that's mocking YOUR kills. Which.. by your own logic; would mean that you are destined to die. emotion_awesome

edit: and btw, your mother was a hampster; and your father smells of elderberries xp
D-DO NOT MOCK THE KING'S SMALL MISTAKE!

classified_fu

Codebreaking Borg

12,850 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nerd 50
King Joffrey Baratheon
Graceangel
King Joffrey Baratheon

D-DO NOT MOCK THE KING'S SMALL MISTAKE!

classified_fu

(That's what she said?)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out