Welcome to Gaia! ::

Al Oxa's Fangirl

Naughty Wife

15,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
oh you liked that character? now he's dead.
oh, you thought she was cool? Dead!
emotion_donotwant

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Foxie Loxie
Yeah it happens at the end of the 3rd book. I was rather disappointed. Since I hate her.
yeah i was kind of neutral on her, but after a storm of swords.. I am pretty damn done with Catelyn. Let's all be honest... Let's just say that Arya had been her only child to die, and she had to rescue Sansa from the Lannisters.. well.. I'd bet she wouldn't seem to damn depressed over it. :/ I mean.. she didn't really seem to really wanna accept Arya's tomboyishness.

Cat almost annoys me as much as Cersei.

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
King Joffrey Baratheon
I never liked Robb, but I do not agree with how the Frey treated his body. I would not mind if he lived.

what a little liar.. we all know you dislike the red wedding.. because you had rathered to have killed him yourself. the way they did it; prevented you from putting his head on a spike or a silver platter to serve to sansa. admit it...

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Lord Eneon
Also, can I just say that these characters need to pay more attention to their wolves? Grey Wind was clearly upset and even hostile towards the one Frey that came out initially to greet them. As soon as I read that I was like "Robb, turn around and leave... right now" Seriously people, these wolves are freaking smart.

you are so right!!! in every instance before something bad happened.. their wolves always knew. every single time. :C

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
twilightwyrm

Well actually she, and her council, decides to withdraw their favor from Walder Frey's actions since the move was highly unpopular with the west of the Kingdom, and therefore it was more politically expedient to pretend they had no idea and condemn the Freys for it, what with guest right being honored and all. I don't get the impression she was terribly upset over the whole ordeal, though to be fair her father was just killed at the hands of her brother, and she was beginning to go insane. I would much rather the Freys have paid the karma price in that book for that particular crime, but I'm not terribly broken up over the Lannisters paying it instead. After all she did just put up a show trial in order to get her brother killed, so really it serves her right.

i'm really at a point where.. i feel anything that happens to her is what she gets. Her inability to have any ounce of humility whatsoever... she has had 2 major losses... and turns into a drunk...

I'm sorry... I find her utterly despicable. And.. now we can all understand how Joffrey turned out how he did.
Graceangel
Foxie Loxie
Yeah it happens at the end of the 3rd book. I was rather disappointed. Since I hate her.
yeah i was kind of neutral on her, but after a storm of swords.. I am pretty damn done with Catelyn. Let's all be honest... Let's just say that Arya had been her only child to die, and she had to rescue Sansa from the Lannisters.. well.. I'd bet she wouldn't seem to damn depressed over it. :/ I mean.. she didn't really seem to really wanna accept Arya's tomboyishness.

Whenever I say that I hate her, most people give me a fight about it. She was a bad mother. She makes bad choices from the start of the books and she never learns from them. Then she whines about her children over and over again but continues to follow Rob around while he is at war. She really didn't help him with the war. Yes she talked to the Freys, yes she went to talk with Renly. Anyone could have done that.

Gracious Fatcat

6,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Foxie Loxie
Graceangel
Foxie Loxie

Whenever I say that I hate her, most people give me a fight about it. She was a bad mother. She makes bad choices from the start of the books and she never learns from them. Then she whines about her children over and over again but continues to follow Rob around while he is at war. She really didn't help him with the war. Yes she talked to the Freys, yes she went to talk with Renly. Anyone could have done that.

SPOILERS GALORE AHEAD!! PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

No, not anyone. Yeah, she's not my favorite character in the book but you cannot deny her value, the help she gave Robb, and her love for her family. She was the reason the Freys allowed him to cross their lands and she was the only one, both as a mother and a Stark, that could have assured Renly that Robb only wanted the North. It was her idea to join with Renly in the first place!

Sure, she wished Arya was more like Sansa (mainly due to marriage prospects) but she loved all her children. One of the reason she stayed behind with Robb was to ensure their safe return. She wanted peace because of them. The other was to say goodbye to her dying father. To say that she would not be depressed if Arya died shows a lack of understanding of her character and the book. No one in this series is completely black and white. They are all various shades of grey.

I can't forgive her treatment of Jon Snow but I understand. How would you feel if your significant other suddenly brought home his illegitimate child conceived whilst you were pregnant? Some women would have done much, much worse. I'm not saying she was better than them but the alternative is worse. Her main problem was that she did not want Jon to contest with her own children, Ned's legitimate heirs, for their father's property. Hence why she was so relieved when he joined the Watch. The other was that he reminded her of Ned's infidelity. Think about it: What kind of woman must Jon's mother have been to make Eddard Stark, the embodiment of honor, forget his vows?

I don't think she was a bad mother; she made some choices that had terrible consequences. Despite her grief over the death of her husband, she remained strong for her son, who now has the responsibility of leading men into battle. It was not like she left Bran and Rickon completely alone. She left them in the hands of capable, caring individuals. Sure she should have gone to Winterfell (I urged her to ever since she first left) but she, like many others, felt Winterfell was impregnable. And it would have remained so had Robb listened to her. In fact, the Red Wedding would never have happened had Robb and his men listened to her.

I could go on but I think what I'm saying is this: I would choose Catelyn Stark, both as a mother, wife and person, over Cersei every time. She raised Joffrey, enough said.
Tenshi-Eclipse

I guess we will agree to disagree on Catelyn in that aspect. I find her to be a very selfish character.

Cersi is a monster and I want her dead.

Quotable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Graceangel
twilightwyrm

Well actually she, and her council, decides to withdraw their favor from Walder Frey's actions since the move was highly unpopular with the west of the Kingdom, and therefore it was more politically expedient to pretend they had no idea and condemn the Freys for it, what with guest right being honored and all. I don't get the impression she was terribly upset over the whole ordeal, though to be fair her father was just killed at the hands of her brother, and she was beginning to go insane. I would much rather the Freys have paid the karma price in that book for that particular crime, but I'm not terribly broken up over the Lannisters paying it instead. After all she did just put up a show trial in order to get her brother killed, so really it serves her right.

i'm really at a point where.. i feel anything that happens to her is what she gets. Her inability to have any ounce of humility whatsoever... she has had 2 major losses... and turns into a drunk...

I'm sorry... I find her utterly despicable. And.. now we can all understand how Joffrey turned out how he did.

Yeah, considering she is partly, if not mostly, to blame for pretty much everything that had happened to her, (Even if Littlefinger was pulling the strings) I'm fully comfortable seeing her go crazy and calling it just. The way Martin writes her, and the way the series portrays her, she is enough of a complex character to understand where she is coming from, but still vile enough of a human being to leave you feeling generally remorseless concerning the bad things that happen to her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff