Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
So, part of the fun in Game of Thrones is imaging all the "What If" scenarios. "What if Ned Stark became King of The North?" Whether it's what you think would happen if a certain character lived or died, or if someone didn't make a certain decision, all the scenarios and fan theories are fun to listen to.

So, let's say you have the power to go back and change one thing in any of the previous books, you can stop one event from happening, or have it go a little bit differently; What would you change and why? What do you think would happen in the books if that change took effect?

Personally, if I could change one thing, it would be

(Spoilers)

Jon officially "Turns Cloak" and Joins up with the Wildlings. I'd like to see this for three reasons. One I think Jon and Yggrite make a great couple, he'd probably be able to keep her alive and love her freely. Plus, if he was with the wildlings, they probably would be able to defeat the Night's Watch on that one night without Jon to warn them, so the Wildlings would start raiding all of Westeros, that would be awesome just so I could read about how each of those pompous southron nobles react when they learn that "We shouldn't have ignored the Night's Watch pleas for help after all". Plus, I absolutely LOVE Mance, it would be awesome to see more chapters of him.
Symorin
So, part of the fun in Game of Thrones is imaging all the "What If" scenarios. "What if Ned Stark became King of The North?" Whether it's what you think would happen if a certain character lived or died, or if someone didn't make a certain decision, all the scenarios and fan theories are fun to listen to.

So, let's say you have the power to go back and change one thing in any of the previous books, you can stop one event from happening, or have it go a little bit differently; What would you change and why? What do you think would happen in the books if that change took effect?

Personally, if I could change one thing, it would be

(Spoilers)

Jon officially "Turns Cloak" and Joins up with the Wildlings. I'd like to see this for three reasons. One I think Jon and Yggrite make a great couple, he'd probably be able to keep her alive and love her freely. Plus, if he was with the wildlings, they probably would be able to defeat the Night's Watch on that one night without Jon to warn them, so the Wildlings would start raiding all of Westeros, that would be awesome just so I could read about how each of those pompous southron nobles react when they learn that "We shouldn't have ignored the Night's Watch pleas for help after all". Plus, I absolutely LOVE Mance, it would be awesome to see more chapters of him.

I think this whole thread should me labled SPOILERS lol. There is going to be a lot of white text

I think that allowing the wildlings to invade the south would be too much chaos. I don't care for their barbaric ways. For that matter I don't like the slavers nor do I really like the dolthraki raping and pillaging villages. It is common though in times of war. It doesn't make it any more right.

I would have liked to see Ned go to the wall instead of beheaded. I would have liked to hear his conversation with Jon about his mother. I have theories about who she truly is.
I would stop my death.

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I asked the strong man in the sky...

Sansa leaves with the Hound.

And if I can't have that, the gravedigger with the bad leg. He's totally the Hound. Head Canon accepted. Refusing to give it up even if GRRM says different...

Just in general The Hound wouldn't die. If he's even dead at all... [/colour]

...Why do doughnuts have to die?

Desirable Sex Symbol

That my sun & stars didn't die so my son could have been born & be the stallion who mounted the world.
The Red Viper didn't die when battling the Mountain. I wanted to see him cut the guy's head off. Well, at least Cersei sent the man's head to Dorne anyway. If the Red Viper lived, then Tyrion wouldn't have left, and Tywin would still be alive. Okay Tywin can stay dead, but I miss Tyrion's chapters! Maybe if Tyrion was still around Jaime wouldn't be such a lame (no pun intended) character now.

So yeah... Spoilers in there for people who haven't read the books.

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
Since this is basically basic information, I have no need to color it in white.

Basically, I would change the outcome of the Battle of the Trident, so that Rhaegar would still live and be the king on the Iron Throne. I mean, I don't really care about Mad King Aerys, so he could still die, but Rheagar would live and be the King if I was given the choice to change anything. That way, none of this would have happened and the Targaryens would have still ruled the Seven Kingdoms.

If that isn't alright and would be counted as cheating, this is what I would change.

I'd totally change how Theon betrayed the Starks and took Winterfell. I'd probably make him i. either send that letter or ii. run away from Pyke and just warn Robb himself. If not that, I'd change the Red Wedding and make Robb not attend. It could still happen, but the only difference is Robb does not attend.

THEN MY HEART COULD SHIP THEM UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

---------------------------------
I am of House Greyjoy.
We Do Not Sow.
ქἆῆᾇ ἿЛїՖ𐑿

Newbie Traveler

1. Catelyn kidnapping Tyrion and bringing him to Vale. - happened in Book 1 and season 1.
2. For aDwD readers, the entire Quentyn Martell chapter. Whether he lives or he dies, I don't care. His PoVs should be given to the Sandsnakes instead, or better yet, to Prince Oberyn. :/
**Spoilers** Text in white

would have liked to see Arya become the "Faceless Man" that I believe she's going to become and end up being the one killing Joffrey. The way Joffrey died was not satisfying at all. After all the things he did a friggin pie ended him. Well, I guess it was Lady Highgarden who administered the poison, but still.
I would reverse the events on the Trident. We should've won.

Shameless Smoker

11,675 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Millionaire 200
I want to read the books. :c
My ex was gonna buy them but we broke up before he could. LOL
Lucky b***h cause I would have kept the books too. LOL

Sparkly Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Megathread 100
King Joffrey Baratheon
I would stop my death.

I would have had you aborted like all of the king's REAL children she conceived. And Tommen would be (the false) king during the time you would have ruled lol.

Dedicated Explorer

6,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I would change the Red Wedding in book three and EVERYTHING that happened there. I mean, I didn't like that Robb married someone he shouldn't have, but the Freys really pissed me off. And what they did with Robb and Grey Wolf's body afterwards made me want to throw the book against the wall. I also wanted to cry when Arya finally finds her mom only to see her cut down before her very eyes. I would have changed all of that. The North would be faring a lot better if Robb would have lived.

Invisible Phantom

The events of the Red Wedding,
and also Bowen Marsh

Newbie Traveler

I Dec I
The events of the Red Wedding,
and also Bowen Marsh

Oh yeah. Bowen Marsh. It reminds me of Brutus in Caesar's assassination.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff