Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Capitalist

I've always known that Game of Thrones was influenced by the Wars of the Roses in the 15th century. You know... Lannister = Lancaster, Stark = York, but I've only just pieced together that 'Lan' the clever usurped the house that owned 'Casterly rock'.
Lan
Casterly
Lancasterly
Lancaster.

I studied the history of this for a whole year in parallel to watching GoT and I only just now put the two together.

Go me

Dapper Lunatic

Whoa, that's really interesting. 0__0

truepac's Bae

Bear

The Colonist
I've always known that Game of Thrones was influenced by the Wars of the Roses in the 15th century. You know... Lannister = Lancaster, Stark = York, but I've only just pieced together that 'Lan' the clever usurped the house that owned 'Casterly rock'.
Lan
Casterly
Lancasterly
Lancaster.

I studied the history of this for a whole year in parallel to watching GoT and I only just now put the two together.

Go me

yes david bowie emotion_drool
User Image

Hardened Warrior

I learned something new today. That's pretty cool!

Manly Lunatic

Lancasters died out, and the only relative was Henry VII, of House Tudor. Founder of the Tudor Dynasty. Which seems more on par with Robert baratheon, even if it was a Rebellion, Robert was part Targaryen himself, and not just through his Grandmother, but through the fact the Baratheons were descent from Aegon the Conqueror's b*****d brother, Orys Baratheon.

Lannister/Casterly Rock does seem like a reference to Lancaster and all that. There is also the Tyrell Rose, and the fact both York and Lancaster had Roses as their main sigil. Then the Tudor Rose is the combining of both, and Joffrey combined the Stag and Lion of Baratheon and Lannister... then married to Margaery Tyrell...

Yeah, the Baratheon/Lannisters are the Tudors.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff