Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
srsly. it took 6 years to write A Dance with Dragons, I don't think I'll be able to wait for the new one. ;c

High-functioning Waffles

Maybe by the time he finishes The Winds of Winter HBO will be ready for the 7th season (I'm saying 7th instead of 6th because GRRM mentioned on his blog that the 3rd season of GoT will probably only cover the beginning of the 3rd book).
One reason I'm not in a rush to finish book 5....because there's a long wait after it. neutral Thankfully I have a massive stack of other books to read.

4,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
I tried my hardest to read A Feast for Crows. I tried, but I just couldn't do it. It's like he used all of his creative talent on all of his other books (currently written), then had a 2-year-old write it.

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Survivor 150
Im pretty sure he held onto the book to time its release with the show. i had been waiting for it too.

4,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
SmileyElf
Im pretty sure he held onto the book to time its release with the show. i had been waiting for it too.

old bastards and their personal agendas. i want it now plz.

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Survivor 150
Have to pee LOL BRB
SmileyElf

old bastards and their personal agendas. i want it now plz.

He knows, he just wanted more sales.
He doesn't give out definite time lines because he really doesn't want to hear the complaining. According to his website there is a tentative 3-yr date for the finishing of his 6th book. I'm not holding my breath and will wait until it comes out. There are more than enough books to read until it does come out.

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
I think he should take all the time in the world if that's what he needs. I'd rather wait for a long time and have a satisfyingly good book to read, rather than not wait at all and just be given trash.

Adorable Nymph

9,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Would you prefer that he writes a 400+ page book that took a year and is total s**t? He can take his time if it means that I can read a great book.

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
It takes so long, because GRRM vision of the story is so detailed and long...... and the fact that he tell so much of the story....

SOFAI was meant to be a trilogy..... it is currently looking to be 7 books.... but who know.

The next book should be released quicker than the 6 years it took for Dances as he has a good amount already written (ie, chapters that were planned for Dances, but pushed to the next book due to Dances getting too long)

I love the story, so I'm willing to wait so that it can be told in the best way.

Enduring Explorer

26,525 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
I know! I don't think i can stand it!
Have to pee LOL BRB
srsly. it took 6 years to write A Dance with Dragons, I don't think I'll be able to wait for the new one. ;c

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I'm afraid at this pace, he's going to die before the series is finished sweatdrop

4,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
shadowkills69
I'm afraid at this pace, he's going to die before the series is finished sweatdrop

Friendly Phantom

9,300 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
If you're really needing another fix, there are two short ASOIAF novellas in "Legends" and "Legends II", edited by Robert Silverberg. And yeah, I know quality takes time and I'd rather he write the book his way, but still.... it's like waiting for Christmas for years!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff