Welcome to Gaia! ::

14,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I was so thrilled when it happened, I am going through the audio books and I read/listened that Joffrey was going to die so when the episode came out, I was so excited.

It was so hard trying not to spoil things for my dad who watches the show, but hasn't read the books.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The thing I don't get is, while I don't doubt they'll keep who was behind the poisoning, I wonder who they'll get to replace who actually did the deed...I mean, they replaced Ilyn Payne with Bronn. It makes more sense...I mean, its more witty and funny to have Bronn and Jaime banter back and forth rather than having Jaime talk to himself and ONLY himself.

So...what I'm wondering is, since we've seen little to no Kettleblacks in quite awhile. Honestly, it looked like Sansa had something palmed when she picked up the cup and handed it to Tyrion. Of it turns out that Dontos and Sansa were in on the whole thing instead of Sansa being left in the dark...I could see if Dontos did it with Littlefinger's leave... I can't wait to see how this plays out different (or the same) from the book. emotion_dowant

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
DYRL
Ser Jaime the Kingslayer
DYRL
Oh god, GOT Book readers are getting ******** annoying

why?
Because they're just sitting there with there smug expressions enjoying s**t that they already is going to happen

I hate it when people enjoy themselves emotion_donotwant

GRRM changed stuff in this episode, and the series is starting to diverge from the books in some ways. So, take comfort in the book readers going "WTF?" and also worrying that there's too much episode writing going on and not enough "Winds of Winter" writing.

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Kaiser Khorosho
The thing I don't get is, while I don't doubt they'll keep who was behind the poisoning, I wonder who they'll get to replace who actually did the deed...I mean, they replaced Ilyn Payne with Bronn. It makes more sense...I mean, its more witty and funny to have Bronn and Jaime banter back and forth rather than having Jaime talk to himself and ONLY himself.

So...what I'm wondering is, since we've seen little to no *deleted to avoid spoilers showing in quote* I can't wait to see how this plays out different (or the same) from the book. emotion_dowant

I was irritated about that until I remembered: Wilko Johnson, the actor who plays Ilyn Payne, had to step down because he has cancer. Probably they made Bronn Jaime's sparring partner just to keep from having to recast the role.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
jadedrenee
Kaiser Khorosho

So...what I'm wondering is, since we've seen little to no *deleted to avoid spoilers showing in quote* I can't wait to see how this plays out different (or the same) from the book. emotion_dowant

I was irritated about that until I remembered: Wilko Johnson, the actor who plays Ilyn Payne, had to step down because he has cancer. Probably they made Bronn Jaime's sparring partner just to keep from having to recast the role.

It makes sense, though. I mean...SO FAR Jaime hasn't really made any improvement with his swordsmanship but rather uses his threat as being one of THE best swordsmen in Westeros, as well as his family's history of brutality to get the same results as he had when he just swung at everything.

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Kaiser Khorosho
jadedrenee
Kaiser Khorosho

It makes sense, though. I mean...SO FAR Jaime hasn't really made any improvement with his swordsmanship but rather uses his threat as being one of THE best swordsmen in Westeros, as well as his family's history of brutality to get the same results as he had when he just swung at everything.

Oh, Jaime definitely needs to re-learn swordsmanship, no question. My initial reaction had more to do with the idea of Bronn being the one to spar with him. Bronn is nowhere near the soul of discretion; at heart, he will always be a sellsword, and there's always the possibility someone will outbid Tyrion. (Tyrells, Martells, other Lannisters, a White Walker with his own platinum mine...)

From a character standpoint, though, I agree - Bronn's a lot more fun than Ser Ilyn.

Lonely Lunatic

I was smiling from the moment he started eating the pie. "It's close, it's so close, I can feel it, I CAN FEEL IT!"

Yes. Now that's a wedding, wouldn't you say? twisted

On the other hand, my face was of disgust when the play started

Shameless Nerd

Metal Fennrir
I was smiling from the moment he started eating the pie. "It's close, it's so close, I can feel it, I CAN FEEL IT!"

By dothraki standards though, it was pretty boring. wink Also, yes, that play was awful, they really had to remind us why Joffrey is a c**t.

Lonely Lunatic

Tacofoolio
Metal Fennrir

By dothraki standards though, it was pretty boring. wink Also, yes, that play was awful, they really had to remind us why Joffrey is a c**t.

lol True, true

Yeah, no, I'm sure nobody needs a reminder of that

Oh well... I don't want to say it nor think about it, but one down, two to go
I remember reading it and thinking, "No…he's not going to give us that satisfaction. It can't be! He has to be planning to kill somebody we like!………No? He really is doing it?

…******** you Joffrey, choke on it."

Teacup's Bestie

Interesting Risk-Taker

my sister thought tyrion poisoned him with the drink,coz she said that aint no fcking choking he had blood coming out from his nose,she studies med rofl

Desirable Sex Symbol

I just laugh whenever my non-book readers friends come up with any theory on the show. Then I pat them on the head & say, "You sweet summer children" & they get annoyed, haha.

Ghostly Trainer

My boyfriend and I have have both read the books, I'm one book ahead of him and still working on it but as soon as I saw the wedding taking place I grinned from ear to ear. My boyfriend gave me a fun look and when Joff turned purple I was singing "The king is dead, the king is dead" and doing a dance.

The actor who portrayed Joff did a really excellent job. I can't wait to see what happens after A Dance with Dragons is over and the new book comes out. I really want Dany to sit on the iron throne thought.
Wait if Jeoffry is dead, Where will Arya's rage go?

Dapper Genius

5,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
A friend of mine was disappointed that Arya wasn't the one who killed him... he does not deserve to be killed by her blade.

People who didn't read the books' theories are amusing...

(づ☉ᴥ☉)づ { xGIVE ME YOUR BABIESx)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces