26,525 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
Really - I must've missed that!

King Joffrey Baratheon
Elyria Stone
He wasn't with loras in the book - in fact he was engaged to Loras' sister
There relationship was hinted at in the books.

Desirable Sex Symbol

He is simply another wannabe king, I am the rightful ruler!
Elyria Stone

King Joffrey Baratheon
Elyria Stone
It was strongly hinted. Because GRRM didn't say straight "Renly is gay!" in the book a lot of people over look it. You are not the first.

Renly is “gay in the books, too,” says George R.R. Martin, the author of the bestselling novels. But online chatter suggests that not every reader picked that fact up.

“I never meant to make it a mystery,” Martin says. “I like to handle things subtly. I couldn’t ever actually say, ‘such-and-such is gay,’ because, as I’m sure you know, the word wasn’t invented until the 60s. And I’m talking medieval times, and I’m not going to say, ‘so-and-so is gay.’ But I thought it was pretty clear in context.”

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
I loved Renly, I screamed during the last episode, I hope Loras doesn't die crying
OMG, literally, when I was watching episode five, I went, "I really like Renly." Two seconds later, Little Red Riding Ho's demon spawn gets him. WHY?!!!!!!! T__T

I felt so bad for Loras and Brienne. And Margaery.

Enduring Explorer

26,525 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
now I'm gonna have to read them again!
Foxie Loxie
Elyria Stone

King Joffrey Baratheon
Elyria Stone
It was strongly hinted. Because GRRM didn't say straight "Renly is gay!" in the book a lot of people over look it. You are not the first.

Renly is “gay in the books, too,” says George R.R. Martin, the author of the bestselling novels. But online chatter suggests that not every reader picked that fact up.

“I never meant to make it a mystery,” Martin says. “I like to handle things subtly. I couldn’t ever actually say, ‘such-and-such is gay,’ because, as I’m sure you know, the word wasn’t invented until the 60s. And I’m talking medieval times, and I’m not going to say, ‘so-and-so is gay.’ But I thought it was pretty clear in context.”

Friendly Genius

9,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Market Browser 100
Fearmyboxers
I loved Renly, I screamed during the last episode, I hope Loras doesn't die crying

He is heartbroken for the rest of the story...
He really loved him
Elyria Stone
Foxie Loxie
Elyria Stone

King Joffrey Baratheon
Elyria Stone

This site has a few quotes that show the hints shattered through the books
http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/mlarchives/faq/lorasrenly.html

Enduring Explorer

26,525 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
Thanks - I'll check it out now!
Foxie Loxie
Elyria Stone
Foxie Loxie
Elyria Stone

King Joffrey Baratheon
Elyria Stone

Enduring Explorer

26,525 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
I checked out your link - boy!!1 Am i dense! rofl
Elyria Stone
Thanks - I'll check it out now!
Foxie Loxie
Elyria Stone
Foxie Loxie
Elyria Stone

Elyria Stone
I wouldn't feel bad, A LOT of people missed it. There were so many complaints when season 1 aired....then it was pointed out that yes they were indeed gay in the books. GRRM even made several comments at conventions and interviews because fans were so outraged, "How dare the show make them gay" and so on. Gay or not gay. The people loved him and I think that he could have made a good king.

Sex Symbol

Lorenly all the way. gdpojigadpioadgadgh

Lonely Lunatic

Oh SNAP, he died! Didn't see that coming... when I was reading that part of the book. I think it didn't matter nobody wanted Stannis in the throne, he is the older brother. They should have joined forces and ended the Lannisters. At the end, most of the bannermen of Renly went to Stannis after all. It was the only posible outcome

Al Oxa's Fangirl

Naughty Wife

15,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
I liked Renly.

Fluffy Millionaire

10,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200