Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Player

8,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
zomg needs to be a true 3d game. Otherwise im never going to care.

Feline Gaian

How does one get to those maps?

Appelsina's Partner In Crime

Dangerous Wolf

LimonceIlo
Anyone know where they can be found in Towns 2?

Now that the zOMG maps are up and functional, what do you guys think about them?

I think that they're pretty on spot besides the fact that either our avatars are giants compared to the doors/bridges/buildings/etc or they made the world smaller.

Any idea where the maps are sweatdrop ?
I've only managed to find the Lonely Island.

Romantic Vampire

Crescelius
How does one get to those maps?

Ace the Wolfe

1. Enter Towns 2

2. Pull up your smartphone located on the bottom bar, right of the chat box.

3. Once you click it it will show different "smartphone apps", click on the app in the top right of the phone called "World Map".

4. It will bring up a giant map with different locations you can click on. Wallah!

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
ok, I'm going to just say it and hope i don't come across like a jerk But...
What is up with he scale issues? I know it's been mentioned before and i will not pretend that i know all the difficulties involved in putting these maps into the towns 2 frame work.
But it just makes you shake your head after having experienced the original maps in places like Zomg and V-H. Makes the site look unprofessional as well imo.
I guess its just something that isn't deemed important enough to do right. Though as i have said there may be issues of which I'm not aware that caused this to happen. Any opinions? anyone?

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
The scale issue is annoying as hell. Now with Zomg officially kaput, the messed up perspectives, plus the lack of tree animation in zen gardens makes the whole thing somewhat irritating.
They should be 'spot on' as they used the actual flash data maps from the original zomg.
Unfortunately that's where the scale issue bit them in the rear. Zomgs maps were configured longitudinally while the towns2 maps seem to favor a more horizontal approach.
( I dabble in flash programing. biggrin , not an expert.)
What i find curious is why didn't they add a scaling factor into the towns 2 environment? If there is one there I don't see any evidence. The fact that the zomg maps are not scaling correctly would seem to indicate this. (I could be wrong?)
I find it bizarre and frankly suspect that they didn't even bother to redo the maps for the new format?
At the very least this sort of thing tends to reenforce a growing opinion that Gaia no longer gives a crap imho.
Still, now that zomg is gone I'm hoping that they will at the very least add the other space.
If for no other reason zomg dawgs like me can gather in the resurrected location and remember. biggrin

Merry Bard

9,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Survivor 150
Now that they have a few of the area's up (Zen garden, Bas'ken lake, Gold beach, Baron town and the gambino port) i wonder if they are debating on getting the other areas set up for everyone to roam.

What do you guys think?

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
Vixibella Izoova
Now that they have a few of the area's up (Zen garden, Bas'ken lake, Gold beach, Baron town and the gambino port) i wonder if they are debating on getting the other areas set up for everyone to roam.
What do you guys think?

It would be nice to see them in towns 2 at the very least.
No disrespect to you, but I think that when gaia finally pulls that thumb out of its backside the resulting pressure release will drowned all of us in an ocean of crap.
rofl

Merry Bard

9,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Survivor 150
Belinda Aster
Vixibella Izoova
What do you guys think?

No disrespect to you, but I think that when gaia finally pulls that thumb out of its backside the resulting pressure release will drowned all of us in an ocean of crap.
rofl

hahahaha that seems true. non of the less, It would be nice to see a way in DMP and DMS

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
Vixibella Vian
Belinda Aster
Vixibella Izoova
What do you guys think?

rofl

hahahaha that seems true. non of the less, It would be nice to see a way in DMP and DMS

Agreed, At this point I think i'd be willing to just have them put the rest of the damn maps in.
retarded scaling and all.
Seems like this is the only thing we can look forwards to as they seem to be ignoring all the petitions to bring zomg back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff