Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Defender

11,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
wathever, im sticking with the old towns.
Lord Vincent Blackwater
Electro Feel
I must admit I was really excited about it, but now I'm just........ meh. I better like the old one.

IT'S A BETA

And its only one piece of what they're going to do, it will eventually lead to a new better towns which isnt in a crappy coded system. The old one is impossible to modify so they're trashing it end of year.

Where did you hear this/find out about it? Sounds interesting.
Captain Dory
1. Towns 2 isn't finished yet. This is just a sample of what's to come.

2. Aekea, Durem, and Gambino will be available when towns 2 comes out. I plan on moving to Aekea.

Cool!!! I had a post suggesting this a long time ago... Probably wasn't the first to suggest it either. But where did you hear this?

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
CloudstarVII
Lord Vincent Blackwater
Electro Feel
I must admit I was really excited about it, but now I'm just........ meh. I better like the old one.

IT'S A BETA

And its only one piece of what they're going to do, it will eventually lead to a new better towns which isnt in a crappy coded system. The old one is impossible to modify so they're trashing it end of year.

Reading the ATA when they first put it up, also talked to the developer. The thing is the oldtowns code is obsolete and in a few years browsers won't support it anymore hence they need to trash it.

The also have mentioned they can;t edit or change it much so they're building a new one so they can to more dynamic and better things. XD

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Paloc2
wathever, im sticking with the old towns.

Its going to be gone by end of year so better get as much out of it as possible. They're not going to save it no matter how much folks try to petition it either.
Lord Vincent Blackwater
CloudstarVII
Lord Vincent Blackwater
Electro Feel

IT'S A BETA

Reading the ATA when they first put it up, also talked to the developer. The thing is the oldtowns code is obsolete and in a few years browsers won't support it anymore hence they need to trash it.

The also have mentioned they can;t edit or change it much so they're building a new one so they can to more dynamic and better things. XD

Thanks for the info.

Angelic Hellhound

I like it, Things do look better than the old towns, graphic wise, I guess. Even if it isn't finished, I hope they fix how zoomed out it is :/ I don't like that, they should zoom in a little so I don't get so distracted when chatting with someone.

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I've been off gaia for a long time and just logged back in today. Towns 2 was the first new thing I saw. Looks neat, I'm excited to see how it turns out

Versatile Sex Symbol

Towns 2 is a complete total FAIL.
The developers need to be ashamed of it.
The artwork looks like a rip off of sesame street.
Beta or not ,if this is what they have to show for after almost a year..they need to get different people in there who can do the job right.
Keep Towns 1 as a second option.

Generous Genius

Notoriously_High
Towns 2 is a complete total FAIL.
The developers need to be ashamed of it.
The artwork looks like a rip off of sesame street.
Beta or not ,if this is what they have to show for after almost a year..they need to get different people in there who can do the job right.
Keep Towns 1 as a second option.

so true. People in the gaia devs do not even seem to care that we prefer towns 1 over 2 unlike you guys. anyone who likes towns 2 must have really low standards and need to look at a bigger picture. there will be no more snow, no more trick or treating, no more pools. No more of those fun little water balloons either.

if they're getting rid of towns 1 without even holding a poll about it, it only goes to show how much they give a ******** about gaia's community. they don't care if we don't want it or like it they'll release it either way.
Still loads of loading issues to deal with. Hopefully it will get better with time.

Interstellar Explorer

Captain Dory

2. Aekea, Durem, and Gambino will be available when towns 2 comes out. I plan on moving to Aekea.

According to what I've read in the recent ATAs, they plan to put up the full Gambino before the end of this year and they go on making the other towns next year. I have some quotes saved (mostly from codemonkey, who seems to be working on Towns 2 pretty much). Also I found a sticky Towns 2 thread where he answers questions, the thread was still started in February 2012.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/towns-2-0/t.78071015/?_gaia_t_=3934

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Obi Aoi
Captain Dory

According to what I've read in the recent ATAs, they plan to put up the full Gambino before the end of this year and they go on making the other towns next year. I have some quotes saved (mostly from codemonkey, who seems to be working on Towns 2 pretty much). Also I found a sticky Towns 2 thread where he answers questions, the thread was still started in February 2012.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/towns-2-0/t.78071015/?_gaia_t_=3934

It'll be worth the wait.

Interstellar Explorer

Captain Dory
Obi Aoi
Captain Dory

It'll be worth the wait.

I trust in that 3nodding Now I'm just simply curious and wondering if it would be up in November or December... smile

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Obi Aoi
Captain Dory
Obi Aoi
Captain Dory

It'll be worth the wait.

I trust in that 3nodding Now I'm just simply curious and wondering if it would be up in November or December... smile

My guess, December. It would be a Christmas present from Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff