Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
GAIA Town Bug Report Thread

Welcome to the GAIA Town Bug Report thread. This thread is regularly checked into by Gaia staff so make sure to always act positively because you never know who could be watching. Make sure to read all the information before posting glitch information. Also, there is a Glitch report forum on the third post. Please use this to help us get as much information as possible when dealing with your glitch. This will enable us to figure out what might becausing it and fix it that much quicker.

Thread Contents
Post 1 - Introduction
Post 2 - Current Issues
Post 3 - Tech Info
Post 4 - How to report

Side Note
Please do not make threads saying towns is down, they will be moved to the Recycle Bin because it is not needed because we have a sticky for this.

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
Current Issues

Many Loading issues
Many users are reporting that Towns, are not working on the new version, This is the same for many users, there is no current walk around but if I find info or a pattern I will post the info here. This is not happening to all users, only some. If you are having issues make sure to fill in a glitch report forum and post them in this thread. A glitch report forum can be found on post four, make sure to read all possible workarounds first. 3nodding
Lanzor's work Diary

The bigger reason for me to go was to talk to the people who worked on Sun Microsystem's game server called Project Darkstar. A cool name for a project that won't really see be mentioned a lot, because it'll run underneath game systems to handle communication. Kind of like our web servers, if it runs well, things are fast and they won't lag or crash. Once Darkstar is working properly, then everything else on Gaia will use this server, and Gaia Towns won't have trouble loading up half the time. I was also there to talk to other people that we might work with, for mini games and so forth.

Random towns breaking
Some random towns will not load, a list would not help because they seam to change. For example, many users can not goto town X all day but they can go to town Y. The next day they can go to town X but now they cant go to town Z.

"." in name causing issues
If you have a "." in your name, you are unable to talk in GAIA towns. Only solution is to change your name

"%" sign glitch
If you type % by itself while you are in a town (not station) you will get random text appearing... walk around? dont use %.
UPDATE: Now you just get random space

games@gaiaonline.com messages
Please dont just post them here, please email them the email specified. The developers who need that info may not come to this thread.

"Guest" Avitars all over towns
Right now only some AVI's load in town, it is normal right now to see many black shadowed AVI's.
UPDATE: Not a issue, for info look here

Empty housing areas in towns
Just gonna add a note here saying that every town has two or three empty areas, this is supposed to be like this. Those lots are saved for things that will be released later... a rumor says guild homes may be one of those things... but that is only a rumor...

Key
UNRESOLVED - New Issue, or no resolution has been found
PENDING - Item is being worked on
WORKAROUND- Gaia Users have found a way around the problem
RESOLVED - This problem should be resolved
FYI - Temporarily posted information that is not a problem

wahmbulance - Major issue

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
GAIA Towns Tech Info

Please read this first before you post or report an issue. Some things to check first are:

• Make sure to clear your cache and cookies. This often can solve many issues especially if you are one of the few who are having troubles. For information on how to check this out look here
  • Try closing the browser and perhaps even restarting the Computer because it may have been a one time incident. They do happen.
  • Sometimes there are glitches that only affect a single browser. Some of the more commonly used browsers for here are Internet Explorer and Firefox.
  • Check to see if you have the most recent version of Flash. To see what version you have check here.
  • If your screen is to small I suggest clearing your changing your screen resolution. For information on how to do this click here but if that dose not work try pressing F11 in towns
  • To download the most recient version of flash use this link to get it. If you have questions, maybe [NPC] Rina can answer with her FAQ Announcement
  • NEW: here is a good guide I found to help you with the flash player. [ Adobe Flash Player 9 Guide ]

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
How to Report.

When GAIA Admin and developers learn about glitches they need as much information as possible so that they can find the issue as quick as possible. Please fill in all the information below that you know so that we can help the admins fix GAIA Towns so we can go back to playing. Please: post your glitch reports in here. Do not pm them! It's a lot easier to keep track of what's going on if we have all the same info in the same place, and a lot easier to note any repeating patterns as well.

Bug Report Forum
Did you try everything posted above?
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
What browser are you using?
What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)
Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!)
How long has this been going on?
Has Towns ever worked properly before now?
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it?
Will Towns work properly with a different computer?
Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns?
Anything else we should be aware of?
sso what is with this bug is it a big problem?

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
cybervampire
sso what is with this bug is it a big problem?
This is an area to report issues so that if there is a problem you can find info on it here (like the Q&A one)
This seems really helpful!!!! I'll probably check back more often!!! mrgreen
OK, Boxed, I hope this is in the right place to put this. cool

Here's my original post:

OK. I've been trying to change a few things in my house all week and it's not saving. I've tried at all different hours of the day and night and I've been at it since last Saturday or Sunday. I've even updated my version of flash which didn't need updating, and emptied my cache and cookies. I've tried on 2 different browsers. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there one browser that's saving while others are being glitchy? Do I have to empty my house and reset everything? I don't really want to end up with an empty house for a few months while they fix this. xp It's happened to me before. Any advice? Any work-arounds? Any threads on this topic? Any help would be appreciated. cool

- Did you try everything posted above?
I did everything listed on your second post.
- What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
As noted above, I can't save a new furniture layout for my house.
- What browser are you using?
I've tried to save on Safari, Netscape and Firefox.
- What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)
Mac OS X v10.3.9
- Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!)
I have no idea where to get this information. sad
- How long has this been going on?
I have noticed posts from others saying that they haven't been able to save for over 2 months, I just tried to save as of last weekend and have tried every day since then, several times a day.
- Has Towns ever worked properly before now?
Yes. I'm sure I made some changes to my house a couple of weeks ago and I've made many changes since towns came out.
- Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it?
I did notice that one small change took place. One of the booksleves in my house did get saved to its new position, but I've been hitting the save button every time I make a few changes to see if I get lucky and something gets saved. Obviously something did. But that's only one out of the many changes I've been trying to make.
- Will Towns work properly with a different computer?
This is the only computer I have to work with.
- Anything else we should be aware of?
Nothing I can think of at the moment.

UPDATE: I've managed to make all the changes I wanted to make except 2. I had to add or move only 1 to 3 items at a time, then save, then go back and click on the "Furnish Home" link each time and start the process over again. I cannot, however, seem to add 2 White Snuggle Desk Lamps to my house. The one that is there now, was there to begin with before this problem started.

UPDATE 2: I also can't place more than one Red Ceramic Mug in my house even though I have 4 in my suitcase. One is in place, but the others are dimmed and I can't select tem to put them in my room. This differs from the problem I'm having with the White Snuggle Desk Lamps. I can put the lamps in my room, they just don't stay there once I save.
wow... it is really helpful,thanks

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image@Vahrley - First of all, sorry I did not get to this sooner, I need to sleep too... Anyways. Do the changes appear when you go to here (the home viewer). If so I think It is likely that GAIA Towns is just being slow to save. Sometimes GAIA Town is just slow with making changes in the house and sometimes GAIA Town dose not want to save. I will add a note about this on the first post.

EDIT: Just thought of something small... have you tried clearing the house once and then adding things to it. A while back there was a house glitch and that's what you needed to do sweatdrop

EDIT2: Sorry, I will be gone for most of the day but I will try to help you later...
User Image

User Image Boxed Lunch User Image
~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~
Did you try everything posted above?
Yes.
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
When i go to the navigate map, I can only go one time either left, right, up, or down then I can't go any further, so I can't explore towns by specifically going to a block. Everything else in towns seems to work fine.
What browser are you using?
Internet Explorer
What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)
Windows XP
Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!)
Not that I know of
How long has this been going on?
Since December
Has Towns ever worked properly before now?
Back when it went public, it worked fine.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it?
All the time I try to use towns, cleared cache or not.
Will Towns work properly with a different computer?
I have no way to test this.
Anything else we should be aware of?
Boxed Lunch
User Image@Vahrley - First of all, sorry I did not get to this sooner, I need to sleep too... Anyways. Do the changes appear when you go to here (the home viewer). If so I think It is likely that GAIA Towns is just being slow to save. Sometimes GAIA Town is just slow with making changes in the house and sometimes GAIA Town dose not want to save. I will add a note about this on the first post.

EDIT: Just thought of something small... have you tried clearing the house once and then adding things to it. A while back there was a house glitch and that's what you needed to do sweatdrop

EDIT2: Sorry, I will be gone for most of the day but I will try to help you later...
User Image

~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~

LOL! Don't sweat it Boxed. I just got on to check for a response myself. We all have lives. wink

I checked the link to the home viewer and the extra White Snuggle Desk Lamps are still not there, even though I have continuously saved with at least two of them in the room there is only one which was there to begin with. Like I said, I've been trying to save several times a day for over a week, including during *veryveryvery* offoffoff-hours and have had no luck until yesterday when I tried saving only one or two things at a time.

I did clear my entire house a couple of weeks ago and was able to put everything back and save it except for the extra Red Ceramic Mugs. I haven't been able to place more than one Red Ceramic Mug in ages, although I've been able to place several in there in the past, even after towns came into being. sad

I'm afraid to delete everything and start over ... what if I can't put anything down for weeks or months? That's happened before. eek I guess I should try it, huh? xp

BTW, I'm having the same problem with a mule account. I have a couple of mules, or alternate characters, as I prefer to call them, and I tried adding some of the new furniture to one of their houses without any luck so far. Haven't tried with the alt in a few days, though. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help. cool

EDIT: That little, flying gift box is tooooo cute! May I use it on one of my alt's my siggies (I'll host it, of course)? Or are you going to make me animate my own? xd

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
User ImageAfter A bit of trying to replicate the issue I have come to the conclusion that the glitch right now is making it not possible to use two of the same non house Items. I will add a note to the first post soon as well as add a note about what Syntome stated...
User Image

~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~
Oh. I thought I had read somewhere that they had fixed that. What about the lamps not saving? (And the cute flying gift box? cool )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff