Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Vampire

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
towns time keep going to 12:00PM, when its supposed to be sunset, sunrise, or night time
ive noticed its slow...... sweatdrop
Did you try everything posted above?

Yes.

What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)

When I go into Towns I enter the main town, obviously. When I try to navigate I get this error;

Method: Town Server
Error Code: Joining Session Failed
Error: Try reloading Gaia Towns. Report this if it fails the second time.

Please copy and paste the above message and send it to games@gaiaonline.com

I've tried to enter Towns through IE, Firefox, and Chrome. In Chrome and IE it gives that error, in Firefox it states that I don't have the latest version of Flash Player. So I downloaded the latest version up to three times and it still doesn't work. I've tried to start it 13 times now. When I try to send an e-mail to the adress from the error message, I get it right back in my inbox and it says the mail can't be delivered.

What browser are you using?

Mostly Chrome.

What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)

Windows XP.

Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!)

Avast.

How long has this been going on?

For a day now, I haven't tried to access Towns before since this is only my second day on Gaia.

Has Towns ever worked properly before now?

No.

Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it?

All the time even though I've restarted my pc 4 times.

Will Towns work properly with a different computer?

No.

Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns?

All of the other games work just fine.

Anything else we should be aware of?

Can't e-mail you, which is extremely aggravating.

Newbie Gekko

15,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Roderich Edelstein
War Prisoner
Anybody? T~T

iWonderous

Conciliator Fati Mundi
I don't know if this glitch has been fixed yet, but it helps to re-save your avatar and refresh Towns.
this is really old BUT THANK YOU!!!!

Romantic Genius

yes
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
my avatar flails about and does not stop. there are no error messages yet
chrome
windows 7
yes. Telus
not sure... just noticed in the past few days
yes
it happens all the time
nope
just towns

just read the post about resaving the avatar and it worked smile

Fanatical Zealot

gaia towns keeps freezing...dont know why

Shy Poster

First a big hello and thank you for reading my post here.
There has been a little problem in towns I have had for quite a while already and I search and search. Maybe I don't search good enough and the answer is just in front of my feet and I just look over it?
Anyway I hope this will finally help me in a way. So Here goes my report form:

Yes and I have read through a few times already too

Basicly that now and months before / a year ago??? I can gather my stuff in towns (you know the usual bugs, trash, flowers) but I can't send them to my inventory. This bothers me a lot because I actually like gathering bugs for ink and so on but it's all a waste of time since I gather and gather for nothing.

most of the times Firefox but I also have tried this on other browsers but the problem remains

Win XP

avast but a year ago when I first noticed this I had norton so it's probably no firewall thing

Months a year or maybe longer? I don't know lately I only go on gaia when I'm in a gaia mood or bored and want to play some simple browser games or so.

I had times where towns was perfect and had a lot of fun gathering

Since a random point I can't tell when it exactly started, this always happens.

I have no different computer to test this on sadly

In Firefox not at this moment.

I think I've told everything already. I'm a little bit dissapointed that I gathered bugs, cans and boots for nothing...
(not over dramatical don't worry I care less for pixel items than real life stuff but you know, more like oh I spend this time for stuff I never got in the end :/ )

One more thing: Don't close the original towns please because if I can gather my beloved cans, boots and bugs again I'll love spending a few minutes gathering every now and then.

Edit: I have been checking and I think I get them in my inventory anyway.
Thing is it confuses me since sometimes I would go to another map and I'd loose my stuff from my bag sometimes at random without clicking yes. And when I do click yes it stays sitting in the bag some longer too so that is an error... a confusing one... Let me look at this some more and I'll get back to it on the points needed. Sorry for possible confusion caused~!
But this whole thing confuses me a little bit in a way.

Pohmama's Wife

9,975 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
heloo im haveing problems with towns. when ever i try to get on or go to a room in towns itll freeze then black out completely. why is this? how can i get towns to work right with out it blacking out?? why dose it happen when im doing the (I AM) skuny plushie or froggy

Unforgiving Warlord

Hiya! I'm having an issue....

In Towns 2, when I enter a house that is at it's largest size, my whole computer gets stuck.
The cursor still moves, but the game, windows, and everything else stops responding. Not sure entirely if it's an OS issue.

I'm using Firefox ESR 17.0.5, Flash version 11.2, my OS is Mageia 2 (Linux kernel 3.6)

EDIT: It works perfectly in Google Chrome, so I guess it's a Firefox issue.

Ruthless Hunter

6,925 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Hello~
I keep trying to get onto Towns 2 but it only ever stays on the loading screen.
Is it possible I just need to update my Java? I have played on Towns 2 before though...

Dangerous Lover

I'm unable to enter some of my friend's apartments in my Durem neighborhood- it says they are locked, when I know for a fact they are not locked. One of them is having the same problem with my home as well.

Hallowed Healer

17,675 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
Hi. Thanks for this thread.

This may be a really silly glitch, but it's starting to annoy me.

In Towns 2, I can navagate perfectly fine, but as soon as I walk, my skirt fails to my knees and exposes everything from waist to knees. And it's just the High Elf Skirt. Pants or other skirts haven't seemed to have this problem for me, but if I'm wearing a High Elf Skirt (which I do all the time), I end up with the skirt dropping to my knees - I've started putting swim bottoms on just so I'm not flashing everything.

It's only been the last maybe two weeks that this has happened. Didn't have the problem during the fluff event.

I'm using Firefox and Ubuntu. Towns 2 has worked perfectly and aside from this glitch, works perfectly. Not having any problems anywhere else either.

Bug Report Forum
Did you try everything posted above? Yes.
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.) No error messages.
What browser are you using? Firefox
What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.) Ubuntu
Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!) Maybe?
How long has this been going on? About two weeks.
Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Still does except for this silly problem.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? Whenever I walk in Towns 2 in the skirt.
Will Towns work properly with a different computer? N/A
Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns? Just Towns2
Just that I really hate flashing from the waist to the knees. I feel like one of those naked little cartoon characters from a really old comic strip called Love Is... *laughter*

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces