Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arkum Daggson
When i'm using the button "Go to
my house" in the housing commission, i get either a black screen(when done from the housing comission) or a white one (when i try to get there directly in towns)

Did you try everything posted above? Yes. Everything is updated.
What exactly is wrong? see above
What browser are you using? Internet Explorer 6.0
What Operating System are you using? Windows 2000
Do you have a Firewall/security system? Yes, ZoneAlarm Pro, which is correctly configured.
How long has this been going on? Beginning today.
Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Yes, until today.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? Seems to happen everytime up till now
Will Towns work properly with a different computer? I don't know.
Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns? No games are loaded, except Towns itself.
Anything else we should be aware of? Yes, the games don't display/load.
i cannot place my house in towns sad

even though it shows 6 vacancies in the block or even 12 vacancies in some lots, but there is just no signboard! the plots are just empty, what do do to place my home?

Obsessive Hunter

33,075 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
I'm having the same problem as vgupta. And the link here:

Boxed Lunch
Lack of Homes
Homes have been added, I tested with a mule myself and was able to add his home. For more info see this thread: Linkage

...leads to a General Error that says I don't have permission to view the post.

Did you try everything posted above? As best as I could, seeing as I couldn't get to all of it.
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.) While the directory shows vacancies, when I actually go in to look for a plot, there are no signposts.
What browser are you using? IE7
What Operating System are you using? XP
Do you have a Firewall/security system? McAfee internet security suite 7
How long has this been going on? Today--I've never tried to get a plot, before.
Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Yes, but I've never tried getting a plot before.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? I wouldn't know, given today's the only time I've tried to get a plot.
Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns? I haven't tried to play other games today, though Insane level Jigsaw tends to freeze while granting gold for me.
Anything else we should be aware of? Yes, the green numbers in the "find a place for your home" mode of Towns doesn't seem to work, as many of the ones with numbers have no vacancies...assuming that's what the green numbers are supposed to represent.
I am having a problem...I walk into a house i can see myself and other avis and interact but it just says loading and never does....Please help

Did you try everything posted above? Yes. Everything is updated.
What exactly is wrong? see above
What browser are you using? FireFox
What Operating System are you using? Windows XP
Do you have a Firewall/security system? No
How long has this been going on? For about 3 weeks.
Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Yes
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? Its every time i walk into a house...lots of other people are having this problem.
Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns?
Anything else we should be aware of? No , everything works fine bedsides that
I am having several issues with towns as well.

Did you try everything posted above?

Yes, everything is up to date... I even reformatted my hard drive, re-installed everything and followed the steps you pointed out.
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.) First, I enter towns, the usual way.... Second, I find a topic I want to go to and then I click into it, which is where one issue comes into play.

The screen takes quite sometime to load, often up to five or more minutes.

Another issue I experience is this:

While I am chatting with someone, the screen 'freezes'. By this I mean that all of the other avatars stop moving and all, plus I can no longer 'speak' to them or do anything except walk around. My chat bubbles will not appear either. I usually go to the next screen in hopes to clear it up, but then it takes a very long time to load, or not even at all.

What browser are you using?
I have used Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera

What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.) I use Windows XP Media Center edition.

Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!) Yes, I have windows firewall

How long has this been going on? I cannot place an exact date on it, but I have been experiencing it for quite some time. At least four months.

Has Towns ever worked properly before now? It is very 'skittish' in that respect.... Sometimes it does, but other times it absolutely refuses to work.

Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? Yes, it happens at least 95% of the time I am on

Will Towns work properly with a different computer? Sometimes but often it is the same case as with my own

Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns? I am, in fact, I am having trouble with Gaia Cards and Gaia Jigsaw. These ones often stop loading and I have to restart them. This happens very frequently as well stressed

Anything else we should be aware of? Yes, the same situation happens inside the houses. I can see others actions, but their speech bubbles vanish and then the same thing happens to it.
hey I'm attempting to purchase a plot of land but cannot see no vacancy signs anywhere! I've attempting using 5 different computers and both firefox and IE on all of them and it wont let me! But my girl friend is able to log into her account on any of the computers and see the vacancies!

Also every time I hit 1000 gold and try to place a home I loose the 1000g gold! I've lost 3000 so far!
I'm having the same problem as many others and like Hydrangia I cannot view the link posted.

Did you try everything posted above? Yes
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.) While the directory shows vacancies, when I actually go in to look for a plot, there are no signposts. YET my friends were on the SAME screen in towns and they saw the signposts and set their plots there. Not only that but it also didn't work a friend of mine's computer (which she JUST bought a plot with in her own name), so this SEEMS to be an account by account basis instead of computer, cache, cookies, firewall, or browser
What browser are you using? Firefox, but I also tried IE7
What Operating System are you using? XP
Do you have a Firewall/security system? AVG
How long has this been going on? Since last night, still hasn't changed.
Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Yes (though with difficulties being common), but I've never tried getting a plot before.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? So far it's been happening all the time.
Will Towns work properly with a different computer? No.
Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns? Just Towns.
Anything else we should be aware of? Yes, the green numbers in the "find a place for your home" mode of Towns doesn't seem to work, as many of the ones with numbers have no vacancies...assuming that's what the green numbers are supposed to represent.
I cannot go to ANY town i click the little world and nothing ever happens!
I'm having the same trouble as many others including meira-Bates, Hydrangia, etc.

Did you try everything posted above? Yes
What exactly is wrong? When I go into towns and select an area with vacancies, none of the vacancy signs appear for me to place my home. It's obviously not a problem with my computer/browser/flash/cache/etc. because when I sign into my alt account all the signs do appear, allowing me to place his home. Like Meira said, it appears to be an account based problem.
What browser are you using? IE 6
What Operating System are you using? Windows XP
Do you have a Firewall/security system? avast!, Windows Firewall
How long has this been going on? Since the Towns update was unstituted
Has Towns ever worked properly before now? I hadn't tried to aquire a plot before the update
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? It happens all the time, but only on this account
Will Towns work properly with a different computer? No
Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns? Just Towns
Anything else we should be aware of? -
wow, i thought i was the only one, but this problem is still unresolved
Did you try everything posted above?
Yes.

What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
There are no bugs in towns. My friend says she can find bugs, but I see no bugs anywhere, no matter how long I look.

What browser are you using?
Mozilla Firefox (newest version. 2.0.01 or whatever.)

What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)
Windows XP

Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!)
Just McAfee, and no firewall.

How long has this been going on?
I found bugs this morning, I stopped seeing them sometime in the afternoon.

Has Towns ever worked properly before now?
Yes.

Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it?
All the time.

Will Towns work properly with a different computer?
Yes.

Are you having issues with other Gaian Games or just towns?
Just Towns.

Anything else weshould be aware of? -
it wont let me play freakin games im sartiing not to like gaia cuzz i cant get any money or anything i tryed everything crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff