Welcome to Gaia! ::

What type of charity / non-profit organization below do you support or simply just feel strongly about?

Pet Rescue 0.45542295542296 45.5% [ 5190 ]
Clean Water 0.098718848718849 9.9% [ 1125 ]
Homelessness 0.14268164268164 14.3% [ 1626 ]
Organizations that fight diseases 0.13715338715339 13.7% [ 1563 ]
Organizations that deliver meals to senior citizens 0.025184275184275 2.5% [ 287 ]
Charities that help the mentally or physically handicapped 0.14083889083889 14.1% [ 1605 ]
Total Votes:[ 11396 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43 44 45 > >>

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
It's kind of sad people want to help out animals that much more than fellow human beings. neutral

2,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I chose the last one but in reality I try to help out all of them. They are all important. heart

2,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Chuck Rispan
It's kind of sad people want to help out animals that much more than fellow human beings. neutral

It is sad, isn't it? We should help each other and animals, too. Maybe most people see non-human animals as helpless when in reality the poor, the elderly and other minorities are at risk, too.

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
Raven_DeLajour89
Chuck Rispan

It is sad, isn't it? We should help each other and animals, too. Maybe most people see non-human animals as helpless when in reality the poor, the elderly and other minorities are at risk, too.

I guess I just value the life of a human more than that of an animal. Most people do, I would think, since most people are not vegan, but apparently they don't stop and consider that half of their daily calories come from animals. I guess they don't think about it that way. *shrugs*

2,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Chuck Rispan
Raven_DeLajour89
Chuck Rispan

I guess I just value the life of a human more than that of an animal. Most people do, I would think, since most people are not vegan, but apparently they don't stop and consider that half of their daily calories come from animals. I guess they don't think about it that way. *shrugs*

I understand your point of view.

I am vegetarian and transitioning to vegan so I don't understand that way of thinking, either. I don't think other animals are better than humans or humans are better. We all have a place on this earth and deserve happiness and health. Animals are being punished for the sake of humans and humans are being treated shitty as well. I also strongly believe that if we value and respect animals more, we'll treat other people better. Lots of research has shown this correlation.

Sometimes I like other animals more than humans because I look at the human race and am disappointed in all the horrible things that have been done in the name of progress. We are destroying our planet, which is home to other living beings as well. But then again, corporations are in control of almost everything.

Of course many people will disagree with me, but that's my feminist stance on issues such as this one. I got a lot of people disagreeing with me and that's okay. :p

4,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
None...I wish I could help one though, but if I never "help" myself, how will I be able to help people...

Jeering Sex Symbol

7,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
t-y-f-m
I donate to the breast cancer society.
I do too...my two aunts have breast cancer and are currently in chemo. So I try to do the best I can for those who support my dear aunts.
bump heart
I give money to homeless shelters, organizations that fight diseases and pet shelters whenever I can. As well as the Make a Wish Foundation.

Sparkly Fairy

Illnesses :nod:
heart

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
ummm..... i sort of activly donate to all of the above but im most active with pet rescue and disabilities. GAH! which one to chose ><
I support charities that support women's and children's rights.
Animal rights.
And charities geared toward disease prevention.
I also donate to homeless shelters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces