Welcome to Gaia! ::

What type of charity / non-profit organization below do you support or simply just feel strongly about?

Pet Rescue 0.45537516454585 45.5% [ 5189 ]
Clean Water 0.098727512066696 9.9% [ 1125 ]
Homelessness 0.14269416410706 14.3% [ 1626 ]
Organizations that fight diseases 0.13716542343133 13.7% [ 1563 ]
Organizations that deliver meals to senior citizens 0.02518648530057 2.5% [ 287 ]
Charities that help the mentally or physically handicapped 0.14085125054849 14.1% [ 1605 ]
Total Votes:[ 11395 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 43 44 45 > >>

I definetly had to go with helping those with a physical or mental handicap. But, if it wasn't that one, I'd choose the one for clean water. heart

5,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Aww this is sad sad

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
  • Consumer 100
I support mostly organizations that fight diseases because some of my relatives have died because of them. I also support a lot of environment charities though.

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
  • Consumer 100
I support mostly organizations that fight diseases because some of my relatives have died because of them. I also support a lot of environment charities though.

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
  • Consumer 100

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Definitely organizations for diseases, just in case if I ever were to get a disease, there would be a cure.
cancer mrgreen
I heart helpin Pets and people with Problems or mental or something like that! exclaim exclaim exclaim

Sparkly Darling

15,350 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
This summer I've been volunteering at the Habitat for Humanity in my neighborhood.

I started by signing up to help clean up the front part of a senior citizen complex in town.

The Habitat leader asked if I'd like to volunteer on a regular basis. Of course I would!

I help at their ReStore which is a warehouse in which different companies donate building materials and where many people donate couches and furniture that they no longer need.

In the warehouse I help keep the merchandise clean and massively help the customers that come in every day. I never dreamed I would be helping people carry windows and doors they buy to their cars and trucks, but, I am!

I've worked with volunteers older than 80 and I think the youngest around 12. She was volunteering with her mom for the day.

I never knew how many different types of opportunities there are for volunteers in the Habitat for Humanity. I had thought it was all about actual house construction. There's many ways to help people get homes! Income from ReStore helps build the houses.

Here's a link to find a Habitat for Humanity group in your area. You just put in your zip code and the Habitats near you will show up.

http://www.habitat.org/
I'm only allowed to choose one???? crying
I normally donate to organisations that support people with cancer, being a cancer survivor myself.
But I also donate to RSPCA cause i simply can't forgive those losers who mistreat their animals.

Since I can only choose one I'm going to pick...... organisations that fight diseases heart

Dangerous Consumer

8,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
I'm definitely an animal lover, so animal rescue causes melt my heart.

I'm a big fan of charities that get books and supplies to schools that need it most. Also TOMS, a company that gives a pair of shoes away for each pair you buy. It prevents diseases like podo, and makes it possible for children to go to school.
Disease research ninja
I like to help people, to give them as many chances as it takes because not many people have the time or patience anymore sad

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
i support helping ppl not b homeless cuz that sux and they need beer also

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items