Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like personalized posts?

Heck Yes!! 0.38275770221078 38.3% [ 34488 ]
Not really 0.065280120749356 6.5% [ 5882 ]
I like seeing others posts! 0.10533383645565 10.5% [ 9491 ]
I don't like them, they make it hard to read the posts! 0.038377874456184 3.8% [ 3458 ]
I don't like them, they make the page load slower! 0.032817632957471 3.3% [ 2957 ]
I think this should be a feature! 0.09017357719968 9.0% [ 8125 ]
I'm indifferent! 0.15396652756814 15.4% [ 13873 ]
OOOHHH EEEEEE AHHHHH 0.13129272840273 13.1% [ 11830 ]
Total Votes:[ 90104 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 487 488 489 > >> >>> »|

I like it when it's simple, like adding a colour or changing the size and making it either bold, italic, underline, etc. But when it comes to putting lots of images, lots of song lyrics or other things like that, it's kind of irritating, because you can't find where their post is. Ditto with neon bright colours.

But the thing is, right now, as I'm writing this, I'm writing it in a Notepad before copy+paste it into the post box. It's annoying to keep having to do that, so can't you set something up so that in My Account, you can set what your post style will look like every time you post? It'd be way easier for most people this way, and if someone doesn't want their font to look different, they can just leave it alone so they get the normal default black, size 12 font.

Just putting that out there. :/
I don't mind them, as long as the actual post is distinguishable from the... whatever it is that's around it. & legible. C:

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Heh - there was a big long thread on this in the SF a few days ago! XD

Anyway, I hate them. You have artwork to show off - that's nice, but it belongs in a sig or your profile. Have some favorite poem or song lyric? See above, and it also really irritates me when I'm trying to read what someone posted, only to get caught up in whatever junk they have. I can count on two hands the number of times I've ever found either one (artwork or lyrics) to actually be anything I find interesting.

I think a limit should be placed on them, just as there are sig limits. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing those limits either raised or non-existent in Barton Town or for mini-shops, as those actually have legitimate purpose. For the rest of Gaia though, they serve no purpose other than to be irritating and make the page load slower. It also really torques me off that even with all images disabled, some of them still get through! scream

I vote to make them go away, along with video/embedded music content in profiles (or have an asterick or something for the ones that have it, so we can safely avoid it). >:/

Chatty Shapeshifter

11,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Different font color, size, those are fine. Small pictures, those are fine too. HUGE pictures that would violate the ToS if they were in a person's signature, not fine. Your favorite song lyrics, your quest, a witty quote, all surrounding a small post consisting of a 3nodding or something, not so fine. Seriously, I've no problem with people customizing posts, but I don't want to search for your response.

User Image

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

i hate them ! scream
I don't mind them. But I can't say I haven't had my share of annoyance with some that are just not necessary... talk2hand
Make it a feature!

Fashionable Darling

8,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Full closet 200

Mines pretty simple.
I'd like to add some cute LITTLE pictures to the corners...
maybe just one corner
But I can't seem to find any cute little pixels that would fit.

So just don't have anything fancy right now
3nodding

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Voter 100
I don't like extreme personalizations: huge pictures and/or ridiculously colored, ridiculously tiny/huge font.

However, I'm not against a bit of personalization: a readable color, slightly smaller/larger than usual font, italics, maybe even small images. If it's just a bit of text and small pictures before and/or after the main post, I don't mind that either.

I would like it if customization like that was a feature. That way, we might have nice controls for it, like disabling other's customization entirely. Maybe a better feature would be to disable the image codes in people's customization, since the pictures seem to annoy a lot of people. Plus, for people who do like customizations, it would make things easier by adding their own to a post by default. Everyone wins.

Bloblike Cutie-Pie

I usually don't have a post format, but if gaia had a way to store the code, and maybe have like... a post format making wizard or something, I would DEFINATLY use it. biggrin
A feature, perhaps?

Adorable Trash

I despise post-styles.

Default font/style has worked just fine for me since 2003.

If your words alone can't garner you the attention you so desperately crave, perhaps you should just try and be more interesting, instead of adding ugly blinky things to your post instead. 4laugh
I like making my post look pretty. c: I decided I'm going to stop putting /big/ art in thar though. 0: A post personalization feature would be cool, though. 3nodding

Beloved Cutie-Pie

User Image User Image

I like it. It makes my post's look pretty and it's fun!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff