Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hell Tutor's Compadre

Clean Hunter

11,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
My opinion is this is badass. There's a few pros and cons, but instead of repeating them, I just ask to review this thread again. All in all a decent system. But a rewards system should be put in place to reward those who loyally purchase the cards. I mean, I know it helps continue a few things, like hiring artists, making the option of expanding this wonderful site, etc, but to place a healthy portion of real cash does warrant a reward in my opinion.

Nonetheless, congrats and thank you for the awesome new system. My girlfriend and I will probably give it a try within the next couple of weeks. Lookin' forward to it!
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▒ ░ ▓▓ ░░░░░ ▒ ▓

You are challenged by UMBREON.
User Image
            UMBREON sent out SETO.
            User Image

╔══════════════╗

I want a job, NOW. !!
*.*

╚══════════════╝

What will YOU do?

» a t t a c k
» r a p e
» e m b r a c e
» f l a s h

▓ ▒ ░░░░░ ▓▓ ░ ▒▒ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
I'm not sure I could use it all lol

Slumbering Tengu

I'll be all up in this boat if you guys can work out a paypal thing
It's all I've got

Regardless I think $10 is a perfect amount
maybe up the extra to 300 cash
and the discount benefit shouldn't end

I mean I spend $10 every month anyway if I do this it's free cash in my pocket
User Image
I like the idea, and am thinking about signing up for it...

Though, I think it would be nice if there was a $5 option instated. That way its easy to just get 2 MCs each month.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
This BETTER NOT lead to pay to play, or prenium accounts. Like Neopets. I would hate to see that happen to Gaia, where we have to pay for certain features. whats next? Items that can be bought excluseively with Gaia Cash?

Blessed Cleric

let the
                  butterflies cry
                      symbolon
                                -depressed-

Plan doesn't work so well for us minors with parents who
                                don't exactly rate Gaia flying colors...

Dangerous Healer

15,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I like the idea and my husband and I both signed up for it. I'm curious whether you have to cancel and sign up again when your credit card expires, or whether you have a way to change to a new credit card without interrupting your subscription (don't wanna miss any bonus items!). Also, could you switch over without interrupting your sub if you start offering other payment plans? PayPal would be nice. So would other monthly increments (I've seen a lot of people asking for $5 increments, and my husband and I would like to have $25 increments).

Blessed Cleric

Electric Emeralds
This BETTER NOT lead to pay to play, or prenium accounts. Like Neopets. I would hate to see that happen to Gaia, where we have to pay for certain features. whats next? Items that can be bought excluseively with Gaia Cash?
                  let the
                  butterflies cry
                      symbolon
                                Umm...

There are some of those already, like the voiceboxes for
                                zOMG. Can't buy/sell them on MP.

EDIT:: I suppose those aren't quite items, though, so
                                maybe it doesn't count.
What if someone signs up, pays their $10 and gets the $2 extra, then turns it off, but turns it on in the same month? Do they automatically pay another $10 and get another 1200 Gcash?
Just curious.

Oh and I think this is a great idea, however as a student I'm broke. emo

High-functioning Flashback

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
OMG! I'm SO doing this when I get a job again!
Haha.
Everyone else plays W.O.W, we play Gaia, we're such nerds.
Probably been said before, but this is already TLDR, monthly phone payment, I wouldn't mind adding 10$ to my phone bill, it's easier than having my debit card auto pay.
Wow why should people pay real life money for virtual stuff?

Dangerous Healer

15,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
LdyChynna
This is a slap in the face of all of us that support gaia by buying actual gaia cash in what ever form of payment we use right now whether it be via paypal, money order, check etc. I spend over 50 a month on this game and now you Gaia have just lost me as a customer. Good Going I will find a place that would at least thank me for my using my money on their site.

... you get the bonus items from the Cash Cards and the Paypal transactions, don't you?

And this is no different than offering incentives and discounts for subscribing to magazines rather than buying single issues on a newsstand. Which every single magazine in print does.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff