Welcome to Gaia! ::

A: (2/10) No. It's way too simple, make Gaia look lame.
B: (6/10) It's just ok. I think you need to use a nicer looking avi as a sample.
C: (8/10) Nice, I like this one. Especially the guy at the bottom in the steps, that's funny.
D: (9/10) This one is really nice, one of my favorites, except for one thing: TWLIGHT. Do NOT mention something so controversial. It will turn away more people than it will attract.
E: (5/10) This one is just ok. I think a front page needs to have more info on the site, more than "Be a badass. -Oh, and I think you need to make badass one word. I read "Be a complete a**" first, and then I read "Be a complete bad a**" but I interpreted that as " Be a complete a**, badly."
F: (9/10) I really like this one, it's got nice avatars as samples, and it's attractive with all the colors and lighting.
G: (8/10) This one is just ok. It seems that the blossom hairstyle is one of those Love it or Hate it kind of things, not the sort of thing you want to show off on your front page.
H: (7/10) This one is nice looking, but kind of unclear. It doesn't say enough about the site.
I: (9/10) This one is good. It shows off nice avatars while also saying something about what you can do on the site.
Tsuki Kurai
A: (2/10) No. It's way too simple, make Gaia look lame.
B: (6/10) It's just ok. I think you need to use a nicer looking avi as a sample.
C: (8/10) Nice, I like this one. Especially the guy at the bottom in the steps, that's funny.
D: (9/10) This one is really nice, one of my favorites, except for one thing: TWLIGHT. Do NOT mention something so controversial. It will turn away more people than it will attract.
E: (5/10) This one is just ok. I think a front page needs to have more info on the site, more than "Be a badass. -Oh, and I think you need to make badass one word. I read "Be a complete a**" first, and then I read "Be a complete bad a**" but I interpreted that as " Be a complete a**, badly."
F: (9/10) I really like this one, it's got nice avatars as samples, and it's attractive with all the colors and lighting.
G: (8/10) This one is just ok. It seems that the blossom hairstyle is one of those Love it or Hate it kind of things, not the sort of thing you want to show off on your front page.
H: (7/10) This one is nice looking, but kind of unclear. It doesn't say enough about the site.
I: (9/10) This one is good. It shows off nice avatars while also saying something about what you can do on the site.

In regards to your comment about Twilight: People hate Harry Potter too. It's just an example, and if people don't see that it is, they are going to be majorly offended by half the stuff on this site. I hate Twilight now, but I really like example D.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
A: A little boring. It does a decent job showing the heart of Gaia; I thought it was funny, but a newcomer probably wouldn't really be sucked in by it, in my opinion.

B: I like this one better than A. It's a similar concept but is a little bit more visually stimulating and shows a little more of Gaia's variety.

C: Totally love the concept behind this one, though the flat white and gray color scheme is reaaaaally dull. Maybe put a few more avatar examples on it? There are so many awesome avatars you could show off.

D: A little too schizophrenic for my tastes, and I don't think the "Chat About What You Love" bubble is a wise move. I think you're going to be turning off the many people who aren't interested in any of those things (especially Twilight-haters, who will avidly avoid anything that mentions Twilight at all.)

E: The art is really pretty, but... it gives NO indication of what the site actually IS. And I have never, ever thought our avatars looked "badass" rofl

F: I like that you're showing off the avatars again, but this one kind of makes it seem like there are faction rivalries going on or something. I like the "three steps" along the bottom though.

G: "Gazillions" strikes me as being an overly childish word; otherwise I like it, though I wonder why "the everyday you" has giant pink hair. Still, I think showing how the same base avatar can dress a ton of different ways is a good concept.

H: I really hope the lame background on this one is just because it isn't finished rofl Otherwise I think it's a pretty good idea, again.

I: For some reason I like this one. It's simple, but the picture is visually interesting and shows a diversity in avatars. I really hope housing gets an update in the near future, though, if it's going to be so prominent on the splash page...

Invisible Cat

I like D the most. It shows more what gaia is about.

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
Home has my sister in it, so it's my fav.

avatars 4 is really good to, any that makes all kinds of people want to join and highlights stuff gaia has to offer is best.

Not the light and dark one it's comes off to me like we only have people who like light stuff and dark stuff. Maybe it should say something like; "light and dark and all in between" or something like that.
Some kind of rainbow items or something in-between would be nice, but honestly, I didn't take much time reading the text

QueenFey

avatars 4 is really good to, any that makes all kinds of people want to join and highlights stuff gaia has to offer is best.

Not the light and dark one it's comes off to me like we only have people who like light stuff and dark stuff. Maybe it should say something like; "light and dark and all in between" or something like that.

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
I guess that would be nice, at lest it would be acknowledging everyone else cool

Galvatron
Some kind of rainbow items or something in-between would be nice, but honestly, I didn't take much time reading the text

QueenFey

Gambino Regular

»ĘмǿЯέжĨç~ÞĨмþ«
A: a bit toosimple... maybe adding a little something in the background could help?

I absolutely LOOOOVE the first 'home' one (D) and the anime one (E)

I HAS AN AUTO-FORMAT TOO! SEE?

6,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
A: helpful but a tad annoying and unfunny, lots of people love comedy. Also, the "How to Use Gaia" should be inside and something joyful and colorful for the front page would be back.
B: I like this one however, the background is awfully boring and dulie. I'd suggest a background like the official joining one, with all the fashionable people and colorfulness i loved it when i was joining.
C: This one is too simple. It leaves the notifications you can get items, but what new users wanna find at the front page is a colorful shine of the site itself. It's kinda weird, so i don't like it.
D: I love how it is set up for you to know exactly whats in the site and it leaves officially you can express yourself and use your creativity, be yourself, look like yourself, and love yourself.
E: The anime one is creative, nice, well-drawn, and implies you could be expressive and be you. However maybe a different background should've been used. I would have preferred a black and purple.
F: Showing off towns in mini-pictures with actual descriptions is unmistakably a good idea, however instead of showing off zOMG they should be showing off actual inside gaia things in the big picture.
G: The one with the Gazillions of looks would be preferred over most freaks-fo-fashion. So, instead of using that freaky fashion one i would prefer a few pictures of people, less pink, perhaps.
H: This implies being expressive is an idea of preference and finding the inner you is what gaia can be thought as, so i really like this one because it notifies you can be yourself and find you.
I: Might be my favorite. It shows you various avatars, shows you you don't only need to find yourself, but you can find friends and best friends. People to make your own expressive group.
Note.
If i was making a front page, and gaia's reading this, I would make sure to include avatars, the world, inside information of gaiaonline and all that everyone needs to know about gaia to join, start to be expressive, and just be themselves.
:]

Aekea Explorer

I like E its simple but you guys could do more with it I think you guys should get an artist to draw an avi in towns, buying stuff from a shop, and talking. Illustrations I think add more to the site than screenscaps.
Wow.
I'm overwhelmed. They are all great except for A.

I just don't really like the whole "How to" theme going on.

That would be something you would show a person AFTER they joined ^^;
Plus Gaia isn't all about getting gold.

Invisible Phantom

C: avatars is the best by far. Absolutely loving the minimalism.

Simplicity is key and you've nailed the avatar aspect of Gaia with that homepage.

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
The Avatar ones, Home 2, and Anime are really good. The rest aren't too exciting. I think we should try not to refference Twilight at all because the Twilight fans are pretty rabid and a lot of them do a lot of spamming. Besides, it would better to promote Gaia itself. Not the users so much.

Friendly Citizen

F is the best one.
Simple yet fun.

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image
User Image User Image User Image 

I love the avatar one and the anime one the best~

This batch in general is much better than the last ones, I think it represents the site and the humor of it all <3
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces