Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
surprised Loved it to bad I never met her to recover my items XD
Quote:

G as in Godly asks, "What would be, by far the most, ridiculous, and absurd Hacking/Scamming report you have received?"

We get a few as some people abuse the hacking and scamming report forms. Let's see - there was the guy that claimed he had had 9,999,999,999 angelic halos stolen from him along with something like 400,000 Gaia Cash. Then there was the one girl who had her sanity stolen and wanted us to return it. My personal favorites are when people file reports for having been scammed because they were trying to buy a gold generating bot, site hacks, or engaging in other ToS violating activities. I just think "Wow, you really don't realize that you just shot yourself in the foot, do you?"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So, what about wrongly banned Gaians?
Do you believe that they're all just lying?

A friend's account was banned for a reason not directly relating to him. At his college, he was using the Campus-provided internet, you know, where the IP address is the same for EVERYONE?

Well, you fine folks at GaiaHQ decided to rightfully ban the actual hacker, though in the process, you banned my friend because he was on the same IP address.

So he followed procedure. Filled out the proper forms, e-mailed you guys, the works.
And what did you do for him?

Finally, he received an e-mail back. After months of trying to contact someone from Gaia, you told him that there wasn't enough information on your database, and his account will remained banned.

Wtf? Seriously? No real effort put into helping him at all.
Other than telling him he's not getting his account back, and basically, Gaia doesn't care.

10,450 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Awesome interview! Thanks so much for helping keep Gaia safe. heart

Newbie Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
>.< i love these interviews smile

they are fun

4,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
aw sweet workin for gaia sounds awesome when i get older im gonna be a cartoon artist......i should make a cartoon based on gaia...
I wish I had a fun job like that!

or this ninja
did it say how old he was when he joined?

Beloved Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Friendly 100
why did you choose reporting
Gee, personally I would have thought that Gaia users would have asked a question like, "Why does Gaia participate with sponsors that lead to viruses and fraudulent offers in order to get "free" Gaia cash?" (http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/remove-offers-from-gaia-petition-over-6ooo-signatures/t.50930291/)

Oh, but I guess we wanted to know about what the transition from user to Admin was like for her. Of course.

10,450 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Greddyoro
Quote:

G as in Godly asks, "What would be, by far the most, ridiculous, and absurd Hacking/Scamming report you have received?"

We get a few as some people abuse the hacking and scamming report forms. Let's see - there was the guy that claimed he had had 9,999,999,999 angelic halos stolen from him along with something like 400,000 Gaia Cash. Then there was the one girl who had her sanity stolen and wanted us to return it. My personal favorites are when people file reports for having been scammed because they were trying to buy a gold generating bot, site hacks, or engaging in other ToS violating activities. I just think "Wow, you really don't realize that you just shot yourself in the foot, do you?"

So, what about wrongly banned Gaians?
Do you believe that they're all just lying?

A friend's account was banned for a reason not directly relating to him. At his college, he was using the Campus-provided internet, you know, where the IP address is the same for EVERYONE?

Well, you fine folks at GaiaHQ decided to rightfully ban the actual hacker, though in the process, you banned my friend because he was on the same IP address.

So he followed procedure. Filled out the proper forms, e-mailed you guys, the works.
And what did you do for him?

Finally, he received an e-mail back. After months of trying to contact someone from Gaia, you told him that there wasn't enough information on your database, and his account will remained banned.

Wtf? Seriously? No real effort put into helping him at all.
Other than telling him he's not getting his account back, and basically, Gaia doesn't care.

Honestly, yelling at them about your friend is not the right approach. Just because he's your friend and he said that he had nothing to do with it, doesn't mean he's telling the truth. Also, as far as I know, IP bans are not done because of such situations. So it's quite possible that your friend either bought or was given items by the hackers, which would be profiting from a hack, which by right they can ban him for.

Without knowing all the information (especially since you're going to have to take his word for it), you can't honestly say that he was not rightfully banned.
LOL, great interview, makes working sound like fun.

Rich Smoker

FalconAlphaWolfX rolled 20 100-sided dice: 11, 37, 95, 37, 28, 100, 96, 58, 94, 81, 58, 52, 62, 50, 32, 89, 17, 54, 49, 53 Total: 1153 (20-2000)

wow very cooolllll biggrin smile redface crying stare xd 3nodding blaugh gonk scream stressed sweatdrop heart xp whee wink sad surprised eek confused cool lol mad razz cry evil twisted rolleyes exclaim question idea arrow neutral mrgreen ninja 4laugh rofl pirate talk2hand burning_eyes cheese_whine dramallama wahmbulance emo

Lonely Cat

i make banners! 3nodding
WhitePlains
Gee, personally I would have thought that Gaia users would have asked a question like, "Why does Gaia participate with sponsors that lead to viruses and fraudulent offers in order to get "free" Gaia cash?" (http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/remove-offers-from-gaia-petition-over-6ooo-signatures/t.50930291/)

Oh, but I guess we wanted to know about what the transition from user to Admin was like for her. Of course.

Always a good question.
But, most likely will never be answered.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces